inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Sonic the HedgeHog Game

Written By: TheAuthenticFan on 09/15/04 at 9:50 am

Of all the Sonic the HedgeHog games which would you say is the best?

I personally LOVED the 2nd Sonic game,

Yours Truly,

TheAuthenticFan-TAF

Subject: Re: Best Sonic the HedgeHog Game

Written By: nally on 09/15/04 at 4:08 pm

Probably the 2nd one. I used to play it every week at the Tower Records location in West Covina. Sometimes the cat named "Tails" (I think that's what his name was) would be stalking Sonic.

Written By: Howard on 09/15/04 at 8:43 pm

I think the first one was pretty cool to play. :)

Howard

Written By: Chris on 09/16/04 at 9:31 pm

I'd have to say Sonic 2.  It was just so simplistic and fun.  There's nothing quite like zooming around on the chemical plant zone fast enough to make your head spin.

I'd also like to make an honorable mention for Sonic CD, which came out for the ill-fated Sega CD.

Written By: bbigd04 on 09/17/04 at 3:48 pm

I'd have to say Sonic 2.  It was just so simplistic and fun.  There's nothing quite like zooming around on the chemical plant zone fast enough to make your head spin.

I'd also like to make an honorable mention for Sonic CD, which came out for the ill-fated Sega CD.

I had that for CDX, which actually I still have, it is a combination Sega CD and Genesis. It was also a portable CD player, really a remarkable device for the time unfortunately it was so expensive It didn't sell well. They were $500.00 I got it for Christmas in 1994. Sonic CD was one of the sample cds included along with echo the dolphin and a collection of fighting games. I misplaced those cds unfortunately maybe one day I'll find them.

Written By: Mr. X on 09/17/04 at 6:20 pm

Probably the 2nd one. I used to play it every week at the Tower Records location in West Covina. Sometimes the cat named "Tails" (I think that's what his name was) would be stalking Sonic.

Isn't there an option to choose between Sonic himself and Sonic with Tails...something like that? By the way, nally, where is West Covina?

Written By: DaChazman on 09/18/04 at 12:10 pm

It's not a cat, it's a fox.

anyways, I don't know. Sonic is my favorite video game character and I love a lot of his games. Sonic CD for the Sega CD is cool.

I recently got a Sega Genesis plug 'n play (which is a video game system you just plug into the audio and video jacks on a tv) that has sonic the hedgehog 1 on it.

Written By: nally on 09/18/04 at 7:14 pm

Isn't there an option to choose between Sonic himself and Sonic with Tails...something like that? By the way, nally, where is West Covina?

Mr. X: West Covina is about 15 to 20 miles east of Los Angeles.

Tails
It's not a cat, it's a fox.

I didn't know that. He looked like a cat to me. Thankx. ;)

Written By: Chrisrj on 09/25/04 at 11:08 pm

I have to go for the 2nd one; the first game was too plain, and the 3rd was too complex(though all those plus Sonic & Knuckles were excellent).

I remember finding out a hidden tip for changing Tails' name to "Miles":

On the title screen, press the control pad v, v, ^, v, v, v, ^ until you hear a ring.  It's not much but I thought it was cool that I found it on my own ;D

Written By: Mallory on 10/03/04 at 4:00 pm

Sonic 2 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...