inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: For the older Gen Y- My list Part 2

Written By: Joel Welden-Smith on 09/23/04 at 4:07 am

The List - Part 2:

1. As a kid you always to be on that gameshow, Video Power, where the winners get a limited amount of time to run through a course and grab video games.

2. You were amazed that a kid as young as Doogie Howser could actually be a doctor.

3. You wanted to go in a hot air balloon ever since you saw the Chipmunk Adventure.

4. Your mom really overplayed the Bodyguard soundtrack.

5. At weddings and big gatherings everybody danced to songs like "I'm too sexy", "Here Comes the Hot Stepper", and "Fanstatic Voyage".
6. Never again can you hear the song "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You". In the early nineties it was played on the radio every five minutes.

7. If a music video got you into heavy metal, it had to be either "Enter Sandman" where a kid is in bed but then gets chased by a huge truck (special consolation prize to "Unforgiven" with it's weird old man).

8. You remember hearing them announce Kurt Cobain's suicide on the radio or on telivision.

9. Your mom was obsessed with Beaches, but you liked watching the funny Big Business.

10. You had a talking Teddy Ruxpin doll and you also had a talking Mickey Mouse doll. It's been a long time but I remember Mickey had this one tape that came with a picture book, and the whole story revolved around something that happened to Mickey and his friends when they went to a ski resort.

11. In school your favorite books were the Boxcar Children and the Wayside School series.

12. You ruined your eyesight because of those damn Magic Eye books and posters.

13. Pogs, what a giant waste of money, but you were too young and stupid to see past the intense but short-lived craze.

14. You "choose your adventure".

15. You used to play with play dough, but when you got older you played with gak.

16. You had to keep Willy Beamish from getting in too much trouble.

It's late so I'm going to bed. More later.

12. You spent countless hours trying to find Waldo.

Subject: Re: For the older Gen Y- My list Part 2

Written By: d90 on 12/02/17 at 8:47 pm

1. You debated with your friends whether the Sega Genesis or the Super Nintendo was the superior game system
2. You remember when Melissa Joan Hart was Clarrissa on Clarrissa explains it all
3. You were old enough to vote in the 2004 election
4. You remember watching the Disney Afternoon block
5. By 1999 you were a teenager

Subject: Re: For the older Gen Y- My list Part 2

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/02/17 at 8:48 pm

^Damn you responding to a 13-year-old thread that had no responses before?  ;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...