inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite Original Power Ranger....

Written By: McDonald on 10/07/04 at 10:45 am

I remember watching this show in the mornings and afternoons in the early nineties, though I never got into the merchandise. And after they started f**king with the cast, I just called it quits. But my favourite one was Jason at the time, but I also like Billy. Bud and Skull were also cool.

Subject: Re: Favourite Original Power Ranger....

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/07/04 at 10:58 am

I picked the pink one (or the one in the minidress ;))

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/07/04 at 1:07 pm

My little brother watched this. I was too old to do so since I was in high school. I think he liked the black ranger.

Tanya

Written By: KimberIndy on 10/07/04 at 4:35 pm

It has to be Kimberly, the Pink ranger, 'cause she's named after moi.  ;)

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 10/12/04 at 9:05 am

I picked Kim too.... Ihated Billy, he was a know all  ;D

My brother has told his 8 year old son he used to be a power ranger, odd child believes him!

Written By: Jakal on 10/14/04 at 6:51 pm

Im gonna say the pink one kimmy
i just think she was purty
i seen a recent pic of her she still is  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/14/04 at 7:57 pm

You mean Amy Jo Johnson? Yeah I admit I had a crush on her, even at my advanced age. :-
Im gonna say the pink one kimmy
i just think she was purty
i seen a recent pic of her she still is  ;)

Written By: Jakal on 10/15/04 at 6:37 am

aww noo thats not very good :-

Written By: Pink Ranger on 10/17/04 at 4:28 pm

My favorite Power Ranger is the Pink one, if you couldn't tell.  ;)

I also really liked Jason. I had a huge crush on him, and I saw one episode where they were hiding behind a huge rock or boulder or something, and Kimberly was behnd him, and she touched the elastic on the back of his shorts, and I was convinced that they had something going on.

Alpha was cute, too.

Written By: Bobby on 10/17/04 at 5:50 pm

Bud and Skull were great but the pink ranger was definitely the eye candy of the piece.

Written By: woops on 10/17/04 at 5:55 pm

Pink Ranger  8)

I think Amy Jo Johnson also appeared in some episodes of "Felcity" & a VH1 movie about Woodstock in the late 1990's.

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/19/04 at 2:21 pm

Amy Jo was a regular on "Felicity". Just made me wish she would have went on to bigger things instead of the two Scotts and Keri "Bighair" Russell.

Pink Ranger   8)

I think Amy Jo Johnson also appeared in some episodes of "Felcity" & a VH1 movie about Woodstock in the late 1990's.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/05 at 4:26 pm

Kimberly, the Pink Ranger.  She was gorgeous

Written By: audkal on 11/23/05 at 8:24 pm

Guy ranger?  The Blue one.

Girl ranger?  The Pink one.

I remember my brothers and I watching this when we got home from school in like '94.  When I was 5 I got some shoes with the pink ranger on them and thought they were the coolest!

Written By: TarzSp on 11/23/05 at 8:55 pm

I remember being at the Day Care Center in the Summer of 1993 when I saw the promos on FOX for "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" and me and my friends were really looking forward to it and we ended up being obsessed with the show.  The first Ranger I ever liked was the Black Ranger

Written By: Satish on 12/03/05 at 8:04 am

I think everyone agrees the original cast was the best. The show kept getting lessened with each cast change over the years.

Anyway, I like the pink ranger Kimberly the best, cause she was hot looking! She's still way up there on my list of hottest looking babes!

Written By: Powerslave on 12/04/05 at 1:24 pm

On some sadder news, I heard that the girl that played Trini (the yellow Ranger) was killed in an accident not long after MMPR ceased production. :\'(

Yes. Thuy Trang who played Trini for the first year of the show was killed in a car accident in 2001.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 12/05/05 at 12:41 pm

I agree kimberly was hot I dreamed that she is my long lost sister

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/06/05 at 8:58 am

Kimberly, the Pink Ranger.

All though it was a difficult decision between Kimberly and Trini.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/06/05 at 8:59 am

What no votes for Rita?  ;D

Any here seen the movie or it's "sequel" ?  ;D

Written By: Faby on 12/30/05 at 12:11 pm

I was so in love with the actor that played Tommy (white/green ranger)... I promised myself by the time i was 20, i'd go to the US and try to find him to marry me!!!

I was like 11 at the time, now i'm 22. I actually remembered this idea when i turned 20!

Written By: bruce on 01/03/06 at 8:10 pm

I actually have the power rangers movie  My daughter was young in the days of the original rangers Id watch it with her
one yr she was pink ranger for halloween    for that reason i vote pink ranger

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/03/06 at 11:01 pm

I liked the Pink Ranger, Kimberly. Because she's pretty & I kind of look like her & mostly because she was pink & I love pink.

Written By: McDonald on 01/07/06 at 12:46 am

Everyone went with the shallow pick, I see. Kimberly was pretty, but so was Trini, and she was ASIAN!

But I picked Billy, the blue ranger, because he was the intelligent one. The one with depth.

Written By: Webstor on 01/07/06 at 6:21 am

The Dead Ranger

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/08/06 at 4:47 am

Everyone went with the shallow pick, I see. Kimberly was pretty, but so was Trini, and she was ASIAN!

But I picked Billy, the blue ranger, because he was the intelligent one. The one with depth.
Mighty Morphin Power Ranger had depth??  ;D ;D  the blue ranger??  ;D ;D nice choice  .Dude, tell us you were just kidding when you said the blue ranger had depth of character on a show that little kids bought action figures for, right?  Trini was ASIAN, what's up with that?

Written By: Satish on 01/08/06 at 3:05 pm

You mean Amy Jo Johnson? Yeah I admit I had a crush on her, even at my advanced age. :-[

You're not too old to have had a crush on her, Indy. Your profile says you're 40, and Amy-Jo Johnson was born in 1970:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005057/

So that means you're just 5 years older than her.

Since MMPR premiered in 1993, that means Amy-Jo Johnson was about 22 or 23 when she first appeared on it, even though the character she was playing was just a teenager. That's probably why she seems younger to you.

Check for new replies or respond here...