inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Batman

Written By: eightiesfan on 10/08/04 at 1:59 pm

Michael Keaton!

Subject: Re: Best Batman

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/08/04 at 5:27 pm

Without a doubt, Michael Keaton. Very dark!

Tanya

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/08/04 at 8:11 pm

Michael Keaton, thus disagreeing with Patty Spitler's (local entertainment reporter) choice of George Clooney ::)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 10/09/04 at 5:22 pm

I liked Michael Keaton.  Michael Keaton was not have been everyone's first choice, because he is not that buff, and he is only around 5'9 instead of 6'2, 6'3 or whatever Bruce Wayne/Batman is supposed to be.  I know Batman is supposed to be a very tall, imposing figure.

BUT...Michael Keaton brought a raw intensity to the role that no one else ever did.  Adam West played an idiot Batman, Val Kilmer played a sexy Batman, and George Clooney was just some bored guy that wandered onto the set.  But Michael Keaton was perfect as the nutso Batman that is hell bent on vengence.

Anyone that is willing to dress up like a giant bat and go out and fight crime would not be all there in the head.

Written By: Koop on 10/10/04 at 12:08 am

Keaton, although Adam West (silly or not) will always be the real Batman to me.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/10/04 at 6:22 pm

Although George Clooney is the sexiest, I will have to go with Michael Keaton being the best.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/10/04 at 6:50 pm

No Doubt about it Michael Keaton.......

Written By: Alice on 10/13/04 at 3:49 pm

Without a doubt, Michael Keaton. Very dark!

Tanya

...is the right answer!

Written By: just_a_girl on 10/13/04 at 6:30 pm

Dont know about the best batman, but Val Kilmer was definitely the sexiest!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 10/14/04 at 5:39 pm

Michael Keaton

Written By: J.D. on 10/15/04 at 12:48 am

Batman isn't supposed to be sexy.  Maybey Bruce Wayne, but not Batman.  Batman doesn't run around in a nipple suit and a cod piece the way Val Kilmer did.

Michael Keaton was the best so far.  But Christian Bale may claim that title next year.

Written By: Dennis Huskins on 10/15/04 at 8:27 am

Keaton no doubt! I was dissapointed in all the Batman movies however. As a lifelong Batman fan and a screenwriter myself I had big hopes when the first one came out. I wanted the character to be more vigilante style and realistic and not so cartoonish. I know I know, he was originated from a cartoon, BUT what would be wrong with Bruce Wayne being a "real" person that secretly patrols the night as a vigilante and have the cartoonish Joker in the vein of Hannibal the Cannibal or Jack the Ripper- in other words a real killer and bring Batman "down to earth". But to answer your question, Keaton because he is so versitile as an actor. Check out One Good Cop, Mr. Mom or Multiplicity to My Life for his range or the one I forget the title of where he is a demented tennant who rents an apartment an takes over a families life. He's very underrated. Batman movies unfortunately over rated.    D

Written By: Harmonica on 10/15/04 at 10:59 am

Keaton no doubt! I was dissapointed in all the Batman movies however. As a lifelong Batman fan and a screenwriter myself I had big hopes when the first one came out. I wanted the character to be more vigilante style and realistic and not so cartoonish. I know I know, he was originated from a cartoon, BUT what would be wrong with Bruce Wayne being a "real" person that secretly patrols the night as a vigilante and have the cartoonish Joker in the vein of Hannibal the Cannibal or Jack the Ripper- in other words a real killer and bring Batman "down to earth". But to answer your question, Keaton because he is so versitile as an actor. Check out One Good Cop, Mr. Mom or Multiplicity to My Life for his range or the one I forget the title of where he is a demented tennant who rents an apartment an takes over a families life. He's very underrated. Batman movies unfortunately over rated.    D

Perhaps the Movie your thinking of is "Pacific Heights" .....it has Matthew Modine in it and he and Keaton try and kill eachother a few times.....don't know if that's it or not.....Weird movie....but I liked it.

Written By: ElDuderino on 12/12/04 at 2:14 pm

No doubt Keaton. He was a tremendous Batman, and a pleasingly quirky Bruce Wayne. He had a good balance of normal guy/cynical and dark guy.

Val Kilmer was a bit wooden as Bruce Wayne, and seemed very uncomfortable in the Bat suit as well.

George Clooney was a good Bruce Wayne, and was closer to the Wayne of the comic books than the other two, but, like Kilmer he wasn't good in the suit.

Written By: Bobby on 12/12/04 at 2:27 pm

Er . . . Adam West for me.  ;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 12/12/04 at 2:28 pm

i'll go with keaton.

i like to see how christian bale pulls off batman in the next movie "batman begins"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/12/04 at 3:47 pm

Micheal Keaton.... no contest!  :)

Written By: Elvis on 12/13/04 at 10:22 am

Michael Keaton by far!!!  I have been dissapointed by ALL the Batman movies. Batman is my favorite super hero. I can't help but think-- What could have been.

Written By: bj26 on 12/13/04 at 11:16 am

Sorry I can't help out, I'm not a Batman fan.  I saw the movies and the tv shows but imo one Batman is as good as the other.  I liked George Reeves from the old Superman tv series.

Written By: Glitter on 12/13/04 at 5:54 pm

Michael Keaton (Batman & Batman Returns)

Written By: FrankySaysRelax on 12/15/04 at 2:00 pm

I think Kilmer did a well job, but nobody beats the beetlejuice man!

Written By: SkyLowLow on 12/15/04 at 9:52 pm

It's too hard to compare the Keaton Batman with anyone else.

All the movies stunk horribly after #2.  If any of those guys were given decent scripts it might have been different.

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/17/04 at 10:47 pm

Michael Keaton, naturally. He captured the very essence of Batman.
Does anyone know why he did not return for any of the (horrible) sequels?

Written By: gord on 12/18/04 at 6:30 am

no choice for Adam West?? ;D  I voted for Micheal Keaton

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/18/04 at 12:59 pm

no choice for Adam West?? ;D  I voted for Micheal Keaton

My option is Adam West too!

Written By: PrettyInPink on 12/21/04 at 12:33 pm

Michael Keaton

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/06 at 11:20 pm

Michael Keaton definately 8)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 08/14/06 at 5:51 am

I do love George Clooney he is one of my favorite actors but the best Batman is "Christian Bale"!

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/14/06 at 10:00 am

Easily Keaton. First of the new generation movies frmo 1989 was hands down the best and most entertaining. Batman and Robin put me to sleep, literaly.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/14/06 at 10:05 am

Christian Bale smoked Keaton and most certainly any other Batman to come before him.  I'm a BIG Batman fan, I've read most of the graphic novels and I've got to say noone has made the character of Bruce Wayne and Batman jump off the pages and into live action like Bale.  Then again, he was working with a vastly better script than any of the previous movies had- even the first one.  Those films were your more traditional summer actionadventure flicks, this new movie was on a different artistic level.  It had a more sensical plot and much more complex characterizations and themes.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/14/06 at 12:34 pm

For the '90s, it was Michael Keaton. My favorite was 1992's Batman Returns.

Check for new replies or respond here...