inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: House Of Pain

Written By: Howard on 10/16/04 at 8:03 pm

What Is Your favorite House Of Pain song? This is probably something new to you. Maybe you've never even heard of most of them so give this poll a try and find out. :)

Howard

Subject: Re: House Of Pain

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/16/04 at 9:46 pm

I only liked Jump Around, but then again, that's the only song I've ever heard from them b/c the radio wouldn't play anything else.

Tanya

Written By: elefanten on 10/17/04 at 4:41 am

I will say "All my love",
EDIT:  uhm i didnt see the list before, now it's much harder, of the list it's "Put On Your S*** Kickers" "or Top Of The Morning To Ya"

Written By: Alice on 10/17/04 at 7:57 am

"Jump Around" (1992) is mine. It brings back lots of memories when I was 14 and in the 8th grade of elementary school. We used to dance jumping up and down to it until our legs fell off. "Top Of The Morning To Ya" (1993) is closely second. Great hip-hop group!

Written By: woops on 10/17/04 at 5:57 pm

"Jump Around"  8)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 10/17/04 at 7:02 pm

I love "Jump Around."

Written By: Howard on 10/17/04 at 8:24 pm

I see that Jump Around is pretty popular.Anybody think thyey were one hit wonders of the 90's? ;D

Howard

Written By: goodsin on 10/18/04 at 1:20 am

I voted 'Jump Around', but I also like 'Danny Boy' & indeed most of the songs from the album they were from (which I can't remember the name of, and can't be bothered to Google it!). Is there one that goes 'Boom, Shalaklak Boom' also??

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/18/04 at 1:27 am

Jump Around

Written By: elefanten on 10/18/04 at 1:43 am

i am the only who has'nt voted Jump Around

Written By: Alice on 10/18/04 at 2:28 am

I see that Jump Around is pretty popular.Anybody think thyey were one hit wonders of the 90's? ;D

Howard

;D

Well, Howard I think they were not. Over in the UK they had 6 Top 40 hits if we include re-issue of "Jump Around" which was coupled with "Top O' The Morning To Ya". Here are their UK charts facts:

Jump Around (Oct 1992; UK#32)
Jump Around (re-issue)/Top O' The Morning To Ya (May 1993; UK#8)
Shamrocks And Shenanigans/Who's The Man (Oct 1993; UK#23)
On Point (Jul 1994; UK#19)
It Ain't A Crime (Nov 1994; UK#37)
Over There (I Don't Care) (Jul 1995; UK#20)

Written By: Alice on 10/18/04 at 2:38 am

I voted 'Jump Around', but I also like 'Danny Boy' & indeed most of the songs from the album they were from (which I can't remember the name of, and can't be bothered to Google it!). Is there one that goes 'Boom, Shalaklak Boom' also??

The album was called "Fine Malt". While the song to feature "Boom sha lock lock boom" lyric was "Shamrocks And Shenanigans". It heavily sampled David Bowie's "Fame" (1975).

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 8:08 pm

;D

Well, Howard I think they were not. Over in the UK they had 6 Top 40 hits if we include re-issue of "Jump Around" which was coupled with "Top O' The Morning To Ya". Here are their UK charts facts:

Jump Around (Oct 1992; UK#32)
Jump Around (re-issue)/Top O' The Morning To Ya (May 1993; UK#8)
Shamrocks And Shenanigans/Who's The Man (Oct 1993; UK#23)
On Point (Jul 1994; UK#19)
It Ain't A Crime (Nov 1994; UK#37)
Over There (I Don't Care) (Jul 1995; UK#20)

I guess they weren't much of a one hit wonder after all. :o

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 8:10 pm

"Jump Around" (1992) is mine. It brings back lots of memories when I was 14 and in the 8th grade of elementary school. We used to dance jumping up and down to it until our legs fell off. "Top Of The Morning To Ya" (1993) is closely second. Great hip-hop group!

They sounded more like a black rap group. :o

Howard

Written By: goodsin on 10/19/04 at 1:51 am

The album was called "Fine Malt". While the song to feature "Boom sha lock lock boom" lyric was "Shamrocks And Shenanigans". It heavily sampled David Bowie's "Fame" (1975).

Thanks Alice. Can't get that song out of my head, now! ;D
I see Howard below makes a comment that HOP sound like they could be a black rap group; I've never seen them, but having listened to some of their songs, I think they are of mixed race- there are lots of references to Irish roots etc, and some of their voices sound like they're white guys. I daresay someone could educate me... ;D

Written By: Alice on 10/19/04 at 6:07 am

I guess they weren't much of a one hit wonder after all. :o

Howard

They sounded more like a black rap group. :o

Howard

;D Very funny, Howard!  ;)

Thanks Alice. Can't get that song out of my head, now! ;D
I see Howard below makes a comment that HOP sound like they could be a black rap group; I've never seen them, but having listened to some of their songs, I think they are of mixed race- there are lots of references to Irish roots etc, and some of their voices sound like they're white guys. I daresay someone could educate me... ;D

;D

They could be all, Hip-Hop, Rap, Mixed Race...etc, you name it, "rolled" up into one.  ;D ;)

Written By: elefanten on 10/19/04 at 9:38 am

the group members is Everlast (the famous rapper) Dj Lethal (from Limp Bizkit) and Danny Boy (Pretty unkknown i think)

Written By: ... (ellipsis) on 10/19/04 at 12:43 pm

the group members is Everlast (the famous rapper) Dj Lethal (from Limp Bizkit) and Danny Boy (Pretty unknown i think)

That's right...Everlast was a member of the band...he later began a solo career as an alternative rock singer (although he does kinda sound like a rapper).

Written By: Alice on 10/19/04 at 3:46 pm

That's right...Everlast was a member of the band...he later began a solo career as an alternative rock singer (although he does kinda sound like a rapper).

I liked his "What It's Like" (1999) single when it came out.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 5:17 pm

It seems that House Of Pain came out with a few more albums till 1996.

Howard

Written By: Alice on 10/19/04 at 5:30 pm

It seems that House Of Pain came out with a few more albums till 1996.

Howard

Yep! Alongside the aforementioned "Fine Malt" or "House Of Pain" from 1992 they yet released "Same As It Ever Was" in 1994 and "Truth Crushed To Earth Shall Rise Again" in 1996 out of which "Same As It Ever Was" was their biggest success reaching #8 position in the UK albums charts in July that year when it was released. Personally I find their debut a whole lot more better as IMO it is one of the best Rap/Hip Hop albums released during the last 15 years. Fantastic album!

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 6:14 pm

So what do you suppose House Of Pain is up to these days?

Howard

Written By: Alice on 10/20/04 at 2:40 am

So what do you suppose House Of Pain is up to these days?

Howard

They don't exist any longer. They split shortly after releasing their last album. Everlast is purchasing a more or less successful solo career...DJ Lethal is a member of Limp Bizkit...As for Danny Boy, I wouldn't know...Pretty unknown indeed.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:11 pm

They don't exist any longer. They split shortly after releasing their last album. Everlast is purchasing a more or less successful solo career...DJ Lethal is a member of Limp Bizkit...As for Danny Boy, I wouldn't know...Pretty unknown indeed.

Wow. :o Sorry to hear that. You mean Danny O'Connor? I have no idea what happened to him either after 8 years. ???

Howard

Written By: Alice on 10/21/04 at 5:37 am

Wow. :o Sorry to hear that. You mean Danny O'Connor? I have no idea what happened to him either after 8 years. ???

Howard

Yep! Here's what I found:

Currently Danny Boy or Danny O'Connor is pursuing other interests besides music, mainly his El Diablo Death company which does graphic design amongst other things.

http://www.hop.scene.org/DannyBoy.html

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 7:31 pm

Yep! Here's what I found:

Thank You Alice.You know it's cool to see whatever happened to the 90's rap groups these days. :)

Howard

Written By: Alice on 10/22/04 at 5:08 am

Thank You Alice.You know it's cool to see whatever happened to the 90's rap groups these days. :)

Howard

You're welcome Howard! To see whatever happened to the '90s rap/hip hop groups these days really IS cool. It's as cool as seeing whatever happened to the '80s synth-pop bands in the '90s.  ;)

Written By: goodsin on 10/22/04 at 7:40 am

Everlast is purchasing a more or less successful solo career...

Hey, what currency do you use to purchase a pop career? Your dignity, your morals, your soul, or all of the above?  ;D

Written By: Alice on 10/23/04 at 4:07 pm

Hey, what currency do you use to purchase a pop career? Your dignity, your morals, your soul, or all of the above?  ;D

;D

Hey don't get me wrong! I'm a non-native English speaker and sometimes can get wrong, but I've noticed that in several English books and papers says that artists actually can "purchase" a pop career. Must be a printing mistake then.

Written By: goodsin on 11/08/04 at 1:03 pm

;D

Hey don't get me wrong! I'm a non-native English speaker and sometimes can get wrong, but I've noticed that in several English books and papers says that artists actually can "purchase" a pop career. Must be a printing mistake then.

Hey, sorry Alice, I wasn't mocking your standard of English, in fact I found the phrasing to be very apt, as many pop stars 'sell their souls' for fame. I haven't seen the phrase used in English myself, so was amused by it. I've heard of artists 'pursuing' a career in pop, but I've never heard one honest enough to admit purchasing it! No offence meant, tho... ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 1:37 am

My favourite was On Point.  It was a big hit for them in 1994 :)

It wasn't in the poll though, so I went for 2nd best:  Jump Around :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/10/05 at 10:07 am

I voted for Jump Around.

Check for new replies or respond here...