inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What I remember from the early 90s as a kid

Written By: elctrcblu002 on 11/11/04 at 3:17 am

I was 8 in 1992 and watched too much tv lol.  On Nick I remember in '93 some show called the Tomorrow people.  There was also Weinerville (Marc Weiner was the host), Eureka's castle (kinda dumb)and there were only three nicktoons.  Doug, Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy.  None of that retarded BS like Jimmy Neutron and junk.  Snick came out in '93 and it was Clarissa, Roundhouse, Ren & Stimpy and Are You Afraid of the Dark.  Anyone else want to add anything?

Subject: Re: What I remember from the early 90s as a kid

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/11/04 at 3:27 am

Does nobody else think Ren & Stimpy messed us all up?

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/12/04 at 11:17 am

Yup. 
I remember in sixth grade drawing pictures of Homer with Bart's head in his mouth and it was sooooo influenced by John Kricfalusi. The teachers thought I was disterbed.
Beavis and Butthead messed with my head, too. I now say "Suck" and "Cool" all the time.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/12/04 at 12:58 pm

LOL.. Beavis n Butthead are a totally positve influence

Written By: bj26 on 11/12/04 at 1:20 pm

Don't for get Salute Your Shorts, also the show where the kids would sit around a camp fire at night and tell scary stories, finally ther was Pete and Pete,

Written By: gordon_deppe on 11/12/04 at 8:35 pm

Ren & Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, Doug, Rugrats, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Goosebumps, Power Rangers...I was a little too old for these shows, but I remember them being on TV all of the time because of a younger sibling.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/04 at 8:47 pm

LOL.. Beavis n Butthead are a totally positve influence

are you kidding? :o Beavis and Butthead always did the wrong things and made the wrong choices so in my opinion B & B were not a positive infuence. ;D

Howard

Written By: roXie on 01/14/05 at 5:25 am

But it was a GOOD kind of "messed up". ;D

Written By: woops on 01/14/05 at 4:55 pm

And "Rocko's Modern Life"...which came around in 1993  :D  with a wallaby named Rocko, his dog Spunky, friends Heiffer & Philbert, and the Bigheads

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/14/05 at 5:22 pm

LMAO Yeah i remember that.. oh man.. Oh and Howard B&B were so an excellent influence.. i try and do what they would do.. whenever i find myself in a difficult situation.. i just think.. meh.. and then sleep.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/14/05 at 6:15 pm

Ren and Stimpy!!!!!  ;D

Written By: neebs25 on 01/14/05 at 8:02 pm

STIMPY!!!.....YOU IDIOT!!!!! ;)  i miss them.

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/17/05 at 11:52 am

I liked Tiny Toons in the early 90's.  :)

Written By: ThaSlickerNick on 01/25/05 at 6:29 pm

I was 5 in 1994 and I remember Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Power Rangers, What Would You Do?, The Secret Legends Of The Hidden Temple, Clarissa, Doug, Salute Your shorts, Hey Dude!, Nick Arcade, My Brother and Me, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, and others.

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/25/05 at 7:15 pm

I can't remember anything before 1993, and barely anything from 93 itself, but a lot of the things on a list were still played on Nick/still around.  Inspector Gadget was even aired on Nick in the mid-90s, even though its 80s. 

btw when did Inspector Gadget (the toon) end?

Written By: 90s boy on 01/26/05 at 7:46 pm

I liked Tiny Toons in the early 90's.  :)
I LOVED TINY TOONS

Written By: rugrat on 09/27/05 at 6:03 pm

Ren and Stimpy were awsome.Rockos Modern Life was awsome, and of course my username says it all.ANd the first time i ever watched rugrats was when i was  about 5 and im ten now so i loved that show oh and wasnt ed edd and eddy in the 90's too?

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/05 at 8:39 pm

I can't remember anything before 1993, and barely anything from 93 itself, but a lot of the things on a list were still played on Nick/still around.  Inspector Gadget was even aired on Nick in the mid-90s, even though its 80s. 

btw when did Inspector Gadget (the toon) end?

Inspector Gadget originally ran from 1983-1986 :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/28/05 at 12:46 am

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy

Good stuff, good stufff

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/28/05 at 9:58 pm

8)  When my boys were little..They are 16 and 19 now I watched ALL the toons  .At first I thought Beavis & Butthead would warp them...But..You just have to to realize what kind of kids you have...mine took it as absurd humor..not what you would do in real life...Me and my husband took them to B&B do America..and I laughed my Butt off...." You boys stop whackin off in my camper!! )...They also watched "South Park" which I thought was WAY out there but they are good kids and it was.. and still is just Goofy...wierd...Off the wall cartoons!!...I love them myself...Now I have a 9 yr old daughter and Im totally into Spongebob..LOL

Written By: rugrat on 09/29/05 at 2:28 pm

Nuland i agree with happy happy joy joy but what about canadien kilted yaksman

Written By: L on 09/30/05 at 12:25 pm

I am 23 and yea i remember all those shows I was 11 years old in 1993 and watched Nickelodeon all the time. Cartoons today are bullshyt compared to what we grew up on. I loved Rocko's Modern Life, Are you afraid of the Dark, Doug, Rugrats, What would you do, Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Tiny toons, Nickelodeon is not what it used to be it's best days were doing that time. I miss all of my childhood shows so much.. :\'(.  I also grew up on Family Matters, Fullhouse,  also anyone remeber Clarissa Explains it all? and Saved by the Bell?

Written By: Olivia on 10/02/05 at 11:08 am

I am 23 and yea i remember all those shows I was 11 years old in 1993 and watched Nickelodeon all the time. Cartoons today are bullshyt compared to what we grew up on. I loved Rocko's Modern Life, Are you afraid of the Dark, Doug, Rugrats, What would you do, Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Tiny toons, Nickelodeon is not what it used to be it's best days were doing that time. I miss all of my childhood shows so much.. :\'(.  I also grew up on Family Matters, Fullhouse,  also anyone remeber Clarissa Explains it all? and Saved by the Bell?

Dude; I totally agree with you!  All the cartoons on now are crap! 

Check for new replies or respond here...