inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: IT

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/04 at 12:37 am

Anyone here heard of or seen IT? It was a creepy T.V. horror movie about a clown that kills people, I have seen the film lots of times, and it still creeps me out, especially Tim Curry as the killer clown.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006FDCD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Subject: Re: IT

Written By: Powerslave on 11/26/04 at 12:38 am

The book was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/26/04 at 3:24 am

Yes, the book was better, but the movie still scares the s@#t out of me!

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/04 at 10:47 am

I like this film and The Stand, they are both better than Tommyknockers, Stephen King's The Shining, and The Langoliers.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/26/04 at 4:51 pm

yeah, the book was way better but what movie adaptation of a novel was actually better than the novel?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/04 at 6:52 pm

Krusty is a much better clown.At least he doesn't go killing people.

http://www.silverbox.com/krusty/images/krusty.gif

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/04 at 7:24 pm

Krusty is a much better clown.At least he doesn't go killing people.

http://www.silverbox.com/krusty/images/krusty.gif

Howard

I love Krusty, but Pennywise could kick Krusty's butt.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/26/04 at 7:51 pm

I love Krusty, but Pennywise could kick Krusty's butt.   ;D

Of course he can.He could stick his balloon animals up his rear end and make him crap it out. ;D

Howard

Written By: FeLdMAN_FANATIC on 11/27/04 at 5:06 pm

Oh my God i remember that movie! That was some creepy stuff right there. I remember the kid was looking at a book or something and it got covered in blood.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 5:42 pm

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/doink/03.jpg

Here's another clown that could have a fight with Pennywise. ;D :P

Howard

Written By: Mergal on 11/28/04 at 8:16 pm

It took two nights to tape this Stephen King movie. I hate clowns!

Written By: onaree on 12/01/04 at 11:07 am

It's because of this movie that still today I don't stand over the drain in the shower.  I read the book after watching the movie.  I put it down for 6 months before picking it back up because it scared me so badly.  As an avid King fan, this has been the only book that's scared me.

Written By: Marian on 12/02/04 at 8:49 pm

:)I liked the movie,it was pretty scary.Cheers!

Written By: Powerslave on 12/03/04 at 12:20 am

I must be the only person who wasn't scared by this film in the least.  ;D

Written By: CSM1986 on 09/04/05 at 2:42 am

This is the First Movie I ever remember watching in my life. It aired on my 4th Birthday back in November 1990 and it literally Scarred me for life. I have seen the Movie over 30 Times in the past 15 years and I just recently got over my fear of that damn Pennywise the Clown, I still feel Un-Easy when looking at him though

I'll never forgive Stephen King for scaring me so much as a child  :-[

Written By: Valhalla on 09/04/05 at 7:20 am

This is the First Movie I ever remember watching in my life. It aired on my 4th Birthday back in November 1990 and it literally Scarred me for life. I have seen the Movie over 30 Times in the past 15 years and I just recently got over my fear of that damn Pennywise the Clown, I still feel Un-Easy when looking at him though

I'll never forgive Stephen King for scaring me so much as a child  :-[

it literally scarred you for life.... so, of course, watch it 30 more times. i suppose you're covered if you believe in reincarnation.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/04/05 at 7:42 am

Smartwazoo Reply?
Stop making up words!  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/05 at 7:49 am

The book was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.
The book is always far better.

Written By: Valhalla on 09/04/05 at 8:44 am

What's with the Smartwazoo Reply? Figures this board becomes Hostile once again for no apparent reason, I guess it just pissed you off for some reason that the Movie frightened me as a Child

Sheesh, Dumb people  ::)

oh grow up...i was only kidding

Written By: Valhalla on 09/04/05 at 9:17 am

What's with the Smartwazoo Reply? Figures this board becomes Hostile once again for no apparent reason, I guess it just pissed you off for some reason that the Movie frightened me as a Child

Sheesh, Dumb people  ::)

and by the way....please be fair and not blame the board for something i said

Written By: star500 on 09/04/05 at 1:02 pm

This movie is REALLY scary!!!!!! I was about 11 or 12 the first time I saw it and it scared the pants off me! Naturally, the book is scarier....that's because EVERY scary book is scarier than the movies. The scariest lines in the movie was "we all float down here" and "beep, beep, Richie." Always the person with the trailers for movies  ;D I found a trailer for this movie as well. The link is: http://www.horrorsource.com/rentals/skit.htm to watch it you have to have Real Player just to let everyone know!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/05 at 1:05 pm

Naturally, the book is scarier....that's because EVERY scary book is scarier than the movies. The scariest lines in the movie was "we all float down here" and "beep, beep, Richie."
It is for when reading, you bulid up your own picture of what is happening, and literally anything can happen within your own imagination.

Written By: star500 on 09/04/05 at 3:50 pm

It is for when reading, you bulid up your own picture of what is happening, and literally anything can happen within your own imagination.

So true, Phillip, so true. The imagination is a powerful thing. Some of the scariest things come from a person's imagination....

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/05 at 3:54 pm

So true, Phillip, so true. The imagination is a powerful thing. Some of the scariest things come from a person's imagination....
...and to go full circle, that is where books/novels come from in the first place.

Written By: Harmonica on 09/07/05 at 12:22 am

I could go into a huge analysis right now, but I'll just say a few things.

A - Loved the tone of the movie. The Music went along with the monologues and dialogues impeccably.  The story telling sense of it kept me at the edge of my seat.  It's a movie that you can't stand to get up and get something to eat or go to the bathroom. 

B - Had such great build up.  Writers/directors/producers could learn so much from this film if they just studied it for a second, this movie has the perfect set up for a horror movie sequel to any movie.  It explained origin, had linkage to the past, yet had a great sense of freshness that they claim is inevitable.

C - I guess nothing can be perfect.....the ending royally sucked.  I don't know why, but the clown was the enemy the whole movie.  The clown was the antagonist.  I wanted to see the clown get beat at the end, not some huge spider.  I associated the "IT" as the clown, and wanted to kill the "IT" as the clown.

Check for new replies or respond here...