inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite 90's Disney animated movie.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/04/04 at 6:21 pm

My vote is for The Lion King.  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite 90's Disney animated movie.

Written By: nally on 12/04/04 at 8:29 pm

I've seen all four of the ones in the poll, but I'll probably vote for "Beauty and the Beast." ;)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/05/04 at 9:54 am

A Goofy Movie. It was a totally untraditional Disney animated movie. It was a project done by Disney's French unit, better known as the Movietoons division.

Written By: joedeertae on 12/05/04 at 10:08 am

that's a hard one as there were so many that I liked for a variety of different reasons.
I went with Lion King, we watched it with my first baby boy over and over and over and over.................. and I still like it today!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 12:09 pm

They are all good, the only current non CGI Disney films that are good or pretty good are Lilo and Stitch, The Emperor's New Groove, and Alantis: The Lost Empire. The others are either unnecessary sequels  >:( Jungle Book 2, Peter Pan 2, Lion King 2 and a Half, etc) or films like Home On The Range.

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/05/04 at 2:40 pm

As a big fan of Tom Hank & Tim Allen, I had to go with Toy Story, but my second choice isn't there. I really enjoyed Tarzan, took my nephew to see it, and we both thought it rocked! (Of course, Phil Collins's music helped with that.)

BTW Jamie, I didn't like The Emporer's New Groove, David Spade's always rubbed me wrong. If you see Fantasia 2000, you'll love it!

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/05/04 at 3:06 pm

Lion King, followed by Toy Story

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 3:17 pm

As a big fan of Tom Hank & Tim Allen, I had to go with Toy Story, but my second choice isn't there. I really enjoyed Tarzan, took my nephew to see it, and we both thought it rocked! (Of course, Phil Collins's music helped with that.)

BTW Jamie, I didn't like The Emporer's New Groove, David Spade's always rubbed me wrong. If you see Fantasia 2000, you'll love it!

Your Pal,
Doc

Saw Fantasia 2000, and thought that it was..... ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.... intersting!  ::)

Written By: triciamarie1972 on 12/05/04 at 4:15 pm

Toy Story and The Lion King but the others are great too! my kids love to watch them now  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/05/04 at 6:04 pm

Toy Story

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 6:54 pm

Toy Story

Written By: Jennifer028 on 12/06/04 at 7:01 pm

Toy story 1 &2  ;D

Written By: Southern Image on 10/06/05 at 1:03 pm

The Lion King

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/11/05 at 4:44 pm

From those on the list, I picked Toy Story.

Though I slightly preferred the 2nd one in 1999, I was more impacted by the '95 one.

Aside from being on the cutting edge of technology for its time, I remember my dad and I going to a movie theatre to see it when it was new. At first I thought it would be stupid. I was 13 and figured it would be a little kid's movie, etc so I wasn't interested.

Any doubts I had were quickly shattered though. The story itself was funny, relateable and witty. Not to mention it featured the voices of some actors I liked (esp. Tim Allen - I watched Tool Time alot then, lol). And just the style itself I was taken by - it wasn't quite full-blown cartoon animation, but wasn't live action either.

Of course, toward the end, when they all had to work together at getting away from the mean toy hating boy, Sid - that was my favorite part. Esp Buzz and Woody on the mini car going after the moving van. :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/11/05 at 6:31 pm

I've never actually seen any of those, but I voted for Aladdin, becuase I used to watch the animated series of it quite often :)

Written By: rich1981 on 10/12/05 at 12:01 am

It's a tie between The Lion King and Toy Story.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/12/05 at 12:36 am

I've never actually seen any of those, but I voted for Aladdin, becuase I used to watch the animated series of it quite often :)

:o  So you've Never seen "Toy Story" or "Lion King"??

You're missing out!

My vote goes to "Toy Story"

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/12/05 at 2:21 pm

If you had asked me this question in the early 1990's, I would have said "Beauty and the Beast" Hands down!

But, now, I think Toy Story is more my style.

Written By: cguarino05 on 10/12/05 at 10:16 pm

lion king is prob the best disney movie, but my personal opinion would be little nemo, adventures in slumberland. does anyone remember that one?

Written By: colie_88 on 10/15/05 at 11:56 am

definately aladdin or beauty and the beast... the emperor's new groove was good, too!  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/15/05 at 12:57 pm

I forgot about The Lion King, but that was another movie that I liked far better than I thought I would.

Even at that age, I also kinda liked "sappy" stuff, which that had, but overall it just had a good storyline about a kid who wanted to be king - I wasn't much for kid songs, but I still remember really liking the songs simba sings toward the beginning of the movie.

"Oh I just can't WAITTTT, to be king!" :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/05 at 1:00 pm

Toy Story, 1 and 2.

Check for new replies or respond here...