inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying To Remember The Name Of An Early 90's TV Show

Written By: ReadySexGo on 12/22/04 at 1:56 pm

It was a short lived show that didn't generate any buzz and I have been trying to remember the name of it.

It was about a family from the 1950's that lived in the present day.  I can't remember if the family was supposed to be an old tv show family or just some nutty family that lived like it was the 50's.

Anybody remember it???

Subject: Re: Trying To Remember The Name Of An Early 90's TV Show

Written By: ReadySexGo on 12/22/04 at 2:10 pm

Just found it!  It was called, "Hi Honey, I'm Home!"

Subject: Re: Trying To Remember The Name Of An Early 90's TV Show

Written By: kaite on 12/22/04 at 8:12 pm

ok i am wanting to be an officer for my drill team if any of yall would be so kind anough to help me over the holidays we were all given a time period i was given the90s!and to tell u the truth i dont know a thing about it!what i am supose to do is pick to large events that happened pick a song to do with it and write a bio and try to make it a dance!really hard! if any of yall have an idea let me know please!!!!i have to turn it in by jan8th so the sooner the better!
Katie_anna_kemp@yahoo.com

Subject: Hi Honey, I'm home

Written By: Echo Nomad on 12/04/05 at 12:46 am

Yeah, from what I remeber it only had like 2 episodes. What was unique about it was that it was broadcast by both Nick at Night and some other network. Was this show before or after Pleasantville?

Subject: Re: Hi Honey, I'm home

Written By: snozberries on 12/09/05 at 4:34 pm

Yeah, from what I remeber it only had like 2 episodes. What was unique about it was that it was broadcast by both Nick at Night and some other network. Was this show before or after Pleasantville?

If it aired on ABC and Nick at Nite. I think it was developed by Nick at Nite.  It was seven years before Pleasantville. It was even before that episode of Roseanne where the famous TV moms (in character) talk to Roseanne about the differences between raising TV families then and now. That was a good episode.

Hi Honey I'm home was really bad. . .REALLY BAD!  The show was about a 1950's tv sitcom family. I think the family was based on the Stones from the Donna Reed show. Their show is cancelled and they now somehow live in the present time thanks to the Sitcom Relocation Program.  Their neighbor was a teenage boy who lived with his mother he was a fan of the series (like Toby Maguire in Pleasantville) so he knew their secret and helped them adapt to modern times.

I remember the series I watched the entire run of it but I couldn't remember the people who starred in it. Thanks to IMDB.com I found out that it starred Julie Benz (Darla Buffy the Vampire Slayer and AJ Mclean of the Backstreet boys was in the pilot episode but got recast.

Check for new replies or respond here...