inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SPICE GIRLS WHO REMEMBERS THEM

Written By: Emy on 01/14/05 at 5:51 pm

To this day i still know they're lyrics

i wanna i wanna i really wanna ziggyzigza

Subject: Re: SPICE GIRLS WHO REMEMBERS THEM

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/05 at 5:53 pm

Thankfully I have forgotten them!

Written By: Emy on 01/14/05 at 5:55 pm

" if you want to get with me gotta get with my friends" itsl ike honey no thats not the  way it works

Written By: emy on 01/14/05 at 5:56 pm

WHAT WAS EVERYONES FAVE SPICE GIRL SONG?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/14/05 at 6:12 pm

Spice World.... (shrudders) now there's 95 minutes and $8.95 that I'll never get back!  ::)  ;D

Written By: woops on 01/14/05 at 7:15 pm

Thankfully I have forgotten them!

Ditto

Well, they did forced some kids like me to discover music from the past that's 100 x's better then their junk...  ::)

Written By: neebs25 on 01/14/05 at 7:57 pm

I could'nt stand the spice girls. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Written By: zcrito on 01/14/05 at 8:30 pm

I don't know...I always liked

Say You'll Be There
and
Mama

on their first album/CD.

It sounds like a surefire future Trivial Pursuit question 10 years from now: name the five Spice Girls?

(answer: Sporty Spice, Posh Spice, Ginger Spice, Scary Spice and Baby Spice)

;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/14/05 at 10:53 pm

It sounds like a surefire future Trivial Pursuit question 10 years from now: name the five Spice Girls?

(answer: Sporty Spice, Posh Spice, Ginger Spice, Scary Spice and Baby Spice)
;)

ooh..hope i'll get to play  :D
i just borrowed the pop culture edition to play with my friend on Sunday along with her 90s game she just got..think they'll be featured? ??? ;D

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/15/05 at 7:32 am

I STILL remember the Spice Girls.  ::)
They were the hight of my early teenage years.

Written By: Kass on 01/15/05 at 8:53 am

Yeah we remember them.  1997, 1998 was only about 7 years ago.  Well I guess for you that's a long time ago.  

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/16/05 at 8:19 pm

Yeah we remember them.  1997, 1998 was only about 7 years ago.  Well I guess for you that's a long time ago. 

1997 was a wonderful year for kids in their early teens.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/05 at 8:21 pm

Spice Up Your World
Say You'll Be There

Howard

Written By: woops on 01/16/05 at 8:32 pm

Not really.  As a 13/14 year old, I was more into alternative, R&B, and music from the 1980's/early '90's.  :)

(Til this day...withmore  music from other eras added to my taste)

Written By: Bobby on 01/16/05 at 8:38 pm

Spice World.... (shrudders) now there's 95 minutes and $8.95 that I'll never get back!  ::)  ;D

Lol. They must have flung a load of cash at Meatloaf, that's all I can say.  ;D

Spice girls had a couple of decent songs, I've forgotten what they are but they were good.  :)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/18/05 at 7:13 am

Not really.  As a 13/14 year old, I was more into alternative, R&B, and music from the 1980's/early '90's.  :)

(Til this day...withmore  music from other eras added to my taste)

Well, it was for the kids in my class at that time.
We all loved Spice Girls, some liked Hanson and all the girls swooned over Titanic.
6th Grade RULED!

The cable company we had at the time added the Sci Fi Channel to their line-up that year. I used to watch SFC all the time when we first got it.

Written By: karen on 01/18/05 at 7:33 am

I can still remember them.  Unfortunately I may have to relive it all over again because my 6 year old heard Wannabe for the first time the other week and loves it.

Written By: nally on 01/18/05 at 11:42 am

I was in my teens then; in fact, that was the year I turned 17. Anyway, I do remember the Spice Girls very well, and their song "Wannabe".

Written By: Allie Fox on 01/18/05 at 3:00 pm

Remember them?!?  I still love the Spice Girls.

And I'm a 30+, non-perverted, non-dirty old man. :D

My favorite song is a live version of "Something Kinda Funny."

Great bubblegum music.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/19/05 at 6:30 am

I remeber being a huge Spice Girls fan, but these days I'm more of a fan of Sugababes and Girls Aloud. my favourite Spice Girls songs are probably Wannabe, 2 Become 1, Say You'll Be There, Spice Up Your Life and Holler.

Written By: bj26 on 01/19/05 at 9:14 am

We used to boogie to this song at the skating ring, my kids loved it!! We just heard it again and it stil makes me wanna skate a little lower 8)

Written By: McDonald on 01/19/05 at 11:03 am

OK OK!!!! I do like one of their songs... "Say You'll Be There" was some pretty funky music and I still enjoy it. I also remember that day in 7th grade T.V. Production class when I found out that Ginger Spice left the group. Everybody was shocked.

Written By: zcrito on 01/19/05 at 5:51 pm

OK OK!!!! I do like one of their songs... "Say You'll Be There" was some pretty funky music and I still enjoy it. I also remember that day in 7th grade T.V. Production class when I found out that Ginger Spice left the group. Everybody was shocked.

Good song.
Looks like you came out of the "Spice closet" with the rest of us. Don't you feel better ?  ;D

:)

Written By: Felisha dossantos on 02/06/05 at 8:43 pm

:-*

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/06/05 at 11:06 pm

Well, it was for the kids in my class at that time.
We all loved Spice Girls, some liked Hanson and all the girls swooned over Titanic.
6th Grade RULED!

The cable company we had at the time added the Sci Fi Channel to their line-up that year. I used to watch SFC all the time when we first got it.

I remember around 96, 97 all the girls were into Hanson and JTT (Jonathon Taylor Thomas). God were they annoying. I remember hearing about the Spice Girls all the time and that movie that came out.

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 02/07/05 at 8:37 am

Yep,I remember them quite well...My daughter would have been around 9 at the time and right into them...by 12 she was going through the rap stage,and I was longing to back to the days when she was into the spice Girls  ;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/07/05 at 11:40 am

just say no to the spice girls.

Written By: Renee on 02/07/05 at 6:12 pm

I liked them for awhile..they were ok in their day.

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/06 at 12:04 pm

I wasn't much of a Spice Girls fan myself, but I did like Emma and Geri on their own.  I have both of Emma's CD's, all three of Geri's CD's and two CD's by Melanie C :)

"Maybe" by Emma was one of my favourite songs of 2005.  It had such a cool 60's style to it.  Loved the video 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/06 at 12:05 pm

Thanks for reminding me of them!

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/06 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for reminding me of them!

I bet secretly you were a big Spice Girls fan Phil.  You had all of the albums and all of the singles ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/06 at 12:13 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/24/06 at 4:02 pm

Of course I remember the Spice Girls! They were one of the biggest things in music for a while from the mid- to late-'90s, and (along with the Backstreet Boys) were the early harbingers of the late '90s teeny pop music explosion. They're kind of a guilty pleasure of mine; I've never hated them as much as some other people do, and I'll sometimes listen to their songs or watch their videos when they're on. Not that I'd ever own their albums (my own musical tastes are considerably more esoteric, I think), but I thought the Spice Girls were a decent pop act who made pretty catchy pop songs.

I saw a couple of their old videos at night some time back, and it just floored me how dated they look now... I mean really noticeably dated. It was weird, since I remember them when they were new. It also struck me how innocent their image and music was by comparison to most of the sleazy and vulgar pop acts of today.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/24/06 at 4:12 pm

The Spice Girls aren't that bad.  I actually think that while they're largely responsible for the millennial teen pop explosion, they were more authentically '90s, not to mention had more talent than the Britneys and NSYNCS of the era.

Anyone remember B*WITCHED?  It's funny, because most of the teen pop stars (thankfully) are forgotten today?

Written By: 90sto2000sfanrob on 03/24/06 at 5:35 pm

I remember in elementary school these 5 girls or maybe it was 6 of them all performed Spice girls songs for the talent show. Needless to say, the fire exit was the main attaction that day.

But the Spice girls weren't bad at all. They actually sent out a good message to young girls. They weren't really bad come to think of it, no sex tapes, no coke scandals, I guess I kind of miss them.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/24/06 at 5:48 pm

I remember in elementary school these 5 girls or maybe it was 6 of them all performed Spice girls songs for the talent show. Needless to say, the fire exit was the main attaction that day.

But the Spice girls weren't bad at all. They actually sent out a good message to young girls. They weren't really bad come to think of it, no sex tapes, no coke scandals, I guess I kind of miss them.

They're the end of the innocence :)

One thing I like about '90s pop is that in the nineties it was mostly badass musicians who cussed, not Hilary Duff teen queens.  It's much more understandable to hear say Tori Amos or Kurt Cobain cuss than Avril Lavigne or James Blunt.

Written By: whistledog on 03/24/06 at 6:10 pm

The Spice Girls aren't that bad.  I actually think that while they're largely responsible for the millennial teen pop explosion, they were more authentically '90s, not to mention had more talent than the Britneys and NSYNCS of the era.

Anyone remember B*WITCHED?  It's funny, because most of the teen pop stars (thankfully) are forgotten today?

I remember B*Witched.  I sadly had both their albums.  Two of the girls from B*Witched were the sisters of one of the guys from the UK boyband Boyzone

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/24/06 at 10:04 pm

Girl/guy pop groups were the order of the day.

The Spice Girls were to them what Nirvana was to grunge.

Written By: Mephistopheles on 03/24/06 at 10:15 pm

I remember them especially around 5th-6th grade. Especially the girls in my class constantly singing their songs in class.

Written By: nally on 03/24/06 at 10:20 pm

I was a junior in high school when they released their debut album. Didn't really care for 'em at first, but I liked singing the chorus of "Wannabe" around a couple of boys in my chemistry class.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/24/06 at 10:23 pm

When I was in like 1st or 2nd grade, like 1996-1998, girls kept performing Spice Girls songs for the talent show, and people had to have their Spice Girls folders and lunchboxes. It was a major status symbol  :) . I was listening to one of their songs awhile ago and they do sound so innocent and dated now, they actually sent a good message to young girls that was destroyed by Brit and Christina. We Americans always f*ck things up. And yes, the Spice Girls were truly '90s, as opposed to Britney and BSB.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/24/06 at 10:28 pm

I was in 4th and 5th grade at the time, I definitely sensed a change in the atmosphere in 1997 with the emergence of the new pop groups. "MMMBop" and "Wannabe" were very popular within my class later in my 4th grade year in 1997.

Written By: twistedwarp on 03/26/06 at 2:58 pm

lol who dosent remember the spice girls .. and those annoying stickers that came with that bubble gum pack. so dumb.but o well they are gone now ha :D

Written By: KKay on 03/26/06 at 7:10 pm

I could not get enough. it was like a car accident...I couldn't stop looking and I was wondering how it happened.
actally, the movie is so cheesy and dumb, we bought a used copy.  you might not know that my email name is
"crankspice" ...I'd have done a lot of damage on that bus....Oh, victoria....
what begins with "come here" and ends with "ouch!"

Written By: Watcher29 on 03/28/06 at 8:14 am

I remember them... despite all the beer I drank in an effort to make those awful, awful memories go away.

Written By: Jeff Steele on 03/29/06 at 2:58 am

I do.

I have the Spice Girls' first two albums and three singles.

I even have a VHS copy of Spiceworld.

But I think the Spice Girls' are no more, and will never again achieve musical success--at least not in the US.

Written By: lizjagger on 04/11/06 at 4:03 pm

I was in 8th grade when 'Wannabe' came out on the radio. I did like the spice girls back then cause I was into the pop scene in middle school and the first two years of high school. But I wasn't like a fanatic or anything.Just liked a couple of their songs.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/12/06 at 4:18 pm

I too remembers the spice girls they were good until ginger spice left the group and the spice girls were no more I think one pf them got a rock album and I know one of the spice girls is amrried to david beckett.while on the subject of boy/girl bands remember LFO they had a one hit wonder called summer girls

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/07 at 2:14 am

For the series of concerts around the New Year, more concert are being arranged

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/08/07 at 5:15 pm

I was obsessed with the Spice Girls in 2nd and 3rd grade. I thought they were the coolest girls ever, especially Sporty Spice. I saw thier movie in the theaters with my best friend. I had some of the dolls too, and magazine clippings all over my walls. And I had the video game. By 3rd grade, thier popularity had gone down considerably, but I still loved them.

I have such clear memories of hearing about Geri Haliwell (sp?) leaving  :\'(.

I also remember buying their 2nd album at Coconuts.

Written By: Paul on 10/08/07 at 5:51 pm

For the series of concerts around the New Year, more concert are being arranged

Splendid...I shall ensure that I avoid the lot!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/08/07 at 5:56 pm

I'm still trying to forget them!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/07 at 2:05 am

Ditto!

Written By: zcrito on 10/10/07 at 5:45 pm

Not me.
If it means going back to early 1997 (April?) and having to hear "Wannabe" on the radio every 10 minutes, then that's fine with me.
Early 1997? I'd begin planning my exit at one particular job and be much better off today as a result.

(that's what I really, really want...)

Written By: Lindee on 10/12/07 at 3:39 pm

My daughter was a big fan of The Spice Girls. She has all the dolls, stickers, books, etc. It's all in her closet or our basement collecting dust. Once in awhile I'll get out her CDs and play them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/07 at 3:40 pm

There has extra concerts being arranged

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/07 at 3:41 pm

...and a new single, thankness I do not know it's release date yet

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/07 at 3:47 pm

New single on 29th Oct

Spice Girls - W.O.M.A.N.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/14/07 at 5:01 pm

Spice Girls SUCK ASS!

Check for new replies or respond here...