inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which is worse: Color Me Badd or Backstreet Boys?

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/24/05 at 4:05 pm

I vote for the Backstreet Boys - I actually liked Color Me Badd's songs back in the day (I remember seeing them in an episode of 90210, BTW).

Subject: Re: Which is worse: Color Me Badd or Backstreet Boys?

Written By: woops on 01/24/05 at 4:22 pm

Both...though BSB had more hits (I can only name 3 CMB songs  :P)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/24/05 at 7:08 pm

Backstreet Boys. I loved CMB back then.

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/24/05 at 8:03 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm..... killed by wolverines or by an anvial?  ::)  ;D

Backstreet Boys!

Written By: zcrito on 01/25/05 at 8:44 pm

I'll go with Color Me Badd as being the worst of the two. At least Backstreet Boys have one song I find listenable...

Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)

::)

Written By: smashlee_skye on 01/27/05 at 4:08 am

I have a special place in my heart for the Backstreet Boys  ::) I guess I'm showing my age, I'd never heard of them until "Backstreet's Back"...and I've never heard of Color Me Badd  :-[ hehehe...i missed the backstreet boys at their worst, and Backstreet's Back was the first CD i ever bought by any artist. I'm not embarrassed about it now cos i was in primary school at the time!

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/30/05 at 6:15 pm

for me color me badd what ever happend to those one hit wonder band

Written By: TarzSp on 10/30/05 at 6:36 pm

Color Me Badd is worse, no listenable songs at all

I actually remember hearing Backstreet Boys for the very first time, it was when their very first song came on the radio called "We've Got it Going On" back in December 1995.  I'll never forget that song coming on the radio all the time when I would be taking baths and playing with my little pirate toys in the tub  :P

I can't stand either of their music, but atleast BSB has some listenable tracks

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/05 at 6:48 pm

Backstreet Boys are way worse.  Back in the day, I used to really like All For Love by CMB.  Still kind of a guilty pleasure for me

Written By: TarzSp on 10/30/05 at 7:06 pm

I think the Older people will probably favor "Color Me Badd" more than BSB, while the people who grew up in the 90's as a kid would probably favor BSB

I know for sure that I don't remember Color Me Badd at all during their run (Because I was too young), I didn't hear them untill sometime after

I suppose "I Adore Me Amore" is a decent track, it's really the only one from them that I can even think of

Written By: robby76 on 11/01/05 at 5:38 am

Color me Bad were okay... they looked freaky... but their hits were good. "I Wanna Sex You Up"... great, "I Adore"... good... and their 3rd hit was "All 4 Love"... average pop.

Backstreet Boys look so annoying... they're misfits as far as I'm concerned. Their only good song was "All I Have To Give".

Written By: lastofthefamous on 11/02/05 at 10:04 am

color me badd is just awful... i mean bsb isn't the most wonderful group, but better than cmb

Written By: Southern Image on 11/03/05 at 1:06 pm

Color Me Badd

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/03/06 at 2:34 pm

I wasn't a fan of either but my vote would be Backstreet boys. CMB seemed more about vocalization than selling Burger King meals to Preteen girls.

Written By: gmann on 03/03/06 at 3:18 pm

I'm indifferent to both groups, to tell the truth. CMB was big when I started high school, so all the girls dug those guys. I didn't see the point.

Somewhere in my archives, theres an old Wayne's World segment that made fun of group names, including CMB.

Wayne: "Color Me Bad-d-d-d-d-d?!? What is that?"
Garth: "Hello! Color me...a bad speller!"
Wayne: "I'm sorry, I'm just kinda hooked on phonics...I don't know."  8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/03/06 at 4:37 pm

They are both 2 of the 7 signs of the Apocolypse.

Written By: sonikuu on 03/03/06 at 6:04 pm

Color Me Badd was worse.  What's scary is that I actually like the Backstreet Boys now.  I absolutely hated them back in the late 90's, yet I find myself singing along to some of their songs.  I guess it's nostalgia for my childhood.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/10/16 at 9:59 pm

Backstreet Boys. Definitely Backstreet Boys! Take note, Color Me Badd are bad as well. However, "All 4 Love" is a guilty pleasure of mine (am I the only one that thinks of a carnival when I listen to that song?) and "The Earth, The Sun, The Rain" is good song as well, in a non-guilty pleasure way.

"All 4 Love" is my only guilty pleasure song from the '90s.

Written By: Ripley on 02/10/16 at 10:11 pm

I was a fan of BSB from 1996 to 2011. In a way I always will be but i haven't really been into any of their music beyond Unbreakable.  And I haven't paid attention since 2011.

In the early 90's CMB was everywhere. My family and I had the cassette. They were so cheesy but had a few good songs. I still like All 4 Love. Its a fun song to sing along to and the music is catchy.

If I have to vote I would not go against BSB since I was a big fan, so I vote CMB.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/11/16 at 6:15 pm

Neither boyband is nearly as uninteresting as 98 Degrees, whose songs all sound the same and have generally bland lyrics.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/11/16 at 6:17 pm

Both, because I can't stand late 90s/early 2000s boy bands. They all suck. They all use the same lovey-dovey songs to get girls into loving them.

Written By: Ripley on 02/11/16 at 6:20 pm

Both, because I can't stand late 90s/early 2000s boy bands. They all suck. They all use the same lovey-dovey songs to get girls into loving them.

Color Me Badd is actually early 90's but I get what you're saying. While I was always more into Alternative I was into a couple of bubblegum artists/bands.

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/16 at 6:23 pm

They're both "so bad they're good", so being worse actually makes them better, so what you are asking us is "which is better", or more like "which is so much worse that they're so much better".

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/16 at 10:27 am

Both as bad...

Written By: mqg96 on 02/12/16 at 10:48 am

Backstreet Boys.......

Written By: violet_shy on 02/12/16 at 3:13 pm

Aw I liked Color Me Badd, I didn't listen to Backsreet boys much.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 02/13/16 at 9:11 am

I like both bands. My favorite song from Color Me Badd is All 4 Love.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/21/16 at 12:21 pm

Okay, now that I have given Color Me Badd more of a chance, I have to say that I'm quite impressed with their artistry. Their second album, Time and Chance, is so awesome. I was surprised many of those songs were made in 1993. Some of them sounded like they could have been released in 2007!  :o

Of course, the hits "Time and Chance" and "Choose" are really good. However, the album as a whole is totally worth listening to.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/16 at 2:46 pm

Which group had worse songs?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/21/16 at 8:38 pm

Color Me Bad was a damn disaster.

BSB still gives me life. I was all over them because of Howie. I could have married Howie D.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9e/21/57/9e21576dd3da0cfb3b6445c94412efc3.jpg

I left Michael Jackson for a while when Howie had the long flat-ironed hair.
To this day, I play BSB songs. Even if I did have to give Nick Carter's little nothing brother the smackdown on Twitter.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/22/16 at 12:09 pm

Never been a huge fan of either, but I think the Backstreet Boys have catchier songs.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/22/16 at 12:59 pm

92NdfSeOLA0

If you ever wanted to induce vomit then this is the way to do it.  8-P 8-P

Written By: Howard on 03/22/16 at 2:41 pm

92NdfSeOLA0

If you ever wanted to induce vomit then this is the way to do it.  8-P 8-P

I wasn't crazy about this song either.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/27/16 at 1:59 am

http://i500.listal.com/image/3629407/500full.jpg

I felt drawn to Kevin Richardson myself.  Since I was about 19 or 20.  Then there was that time frame between 06-12 when he left and came back.  I found that BSB was never the same after he left.  In fact I know the whole group fell apart without Kevin being around to keep the other four guys grounded.

Written By: Ripley on 03/27/16 at 7:47 am

http://i500.listal.com/image/3629407/500full.jpg

I felt drawn to Kevin Richardson myself.  Since I was about 19 or 20.  Then there was that time frame between 06-12 when he left and came back.  I found that BSB was never the same after he left.  In fact I know the whole group fell apart without Kevin being around to keep the other four guys grounded.

Yes he was like the father figure. With AJ and Nick always liking to party, it only intensified once he left. Brian was always a nice guy but after cousin Kev left he became a prick. Howie has never been very vocal. I mean he's quiet, the least popular, you know keeps to himself. But even he isn't as nice anymore. I was part of a group of BSB insiders. Meaning some of our group actually knew them personally. And the rest just really payed attention. So there is a lot about them most people don't know. Not going to get into it. But our little secret club just sort of fell apart. Anyhow, so they are not as cool to fans now. It all started when Kevin first left.

Check for new replies or respond here...