inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Power of cheese

Written By: Chrisold87 on 01/24/05 at 10:56 pm

Anyone remember the power of cheese commercials? They were late '90s. They were kinda but I liked them. They would always end with some guy saying "ahh the powe of cheese."

Subject: Re: Power of cheese

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/24/05 at 11:10 pm

I do. I can't believe those were over 5 yrs ago!  Didn't they have one where they were like "We haven't been to the moon in 25 years" or something?  maybe im thinking of something else.  Remember "Gimme a Break, Gimme a Break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar"?  or "Uh-oh, Spaghetti-os" from around 1994-95?

Written By: AL-B on 01/25/05 at 4:25 am

I remember one that took place on a pirate ship, where a mean-looking Captain Hook type was walking through the galley and he was glaring menacingly at his crew, making them tremble in fear. He then walked over to a table in the middle of the room, raised his right hand, which was normally a hook but was replaced by a cheese slicer, whipped a sheet off of the table to reveal a huge block of cheese, and then suddenly smiled and yelled, "Let's eat!" and the crew let out a cheer.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 4:45 pm

That was such a dumb commercial.Who cares about the power of cheese. ::)

Howard

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/25/05 at 4:52 pm

;D

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/25/05 at 6:02 pm

The power of cheese is the gas that it brings.  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 6:10 pm

The power of cheese is the gas that it brings.   ???

;D LOL

Howard

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/25/05 at 6:18 pm

I think Wang Chung is the Power of Cheese.

Written By: AL-B on 01/25/05 at 6:19 pm

The power of cheese is the gas that it brings.   ???
And you can only extract this power from cheese by cutting it.   ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/25/05 at 6:20 pm

And you can only extract this power from cheese by cutting it.   ;D

and then you can say Ah,the power of toilet... ;D

Howard

Written By: Chrisold87 on 01/25/05 at 8:51 pm

I also remember the got milk commercials.

Written By: AL-B on 01/26/05 at 10:51 am

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think "Power Of Cheese" would've been a great name for an 80's hair metal band.  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/26/05 at 11:03 am

Remember "Gimme a Break, Gimme a Break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar"?  or "Uh-oh, Spaghetti-os" from around 1994-95?

Actually, these jingles are much older stemming from the eighties.

Tanya

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/26/05 at 11:26 am

Actually, these jingles are much older stemming from the eighties.

Tanya

That's what I figured.  But they stretched long into the 90s considering I remember them.

Written By: kairi747 on 01/26/05 at 11:41 am

I remember one that took place on a pirate ship, where a mean-looking Captain Hook type was walking through the galley and he was glaring menacingly at his crew, making them tremble in fear. He then walked over to a table in the middle of the room, raised his right hand, which was normally a hook but was replaced by a cheese slicer, whipped a sheet off of the table to reveal a huge block of cheese, and then suddenly smiled and yelled, "Let's eat!" and the crew let out a cheer.

and then there was the one when the little girl looks under the christmas tree at the massive pile of presents.  her dad says something like, "those must have been some cookies for santa," to which she replies, "i didn't leave him cookies...i left him cheese!"  that year my kids left cheese out for santa!!

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/26/05 at 4:00 pm

and then there was the one when the little girl looks under the christmas tree at the massive pile of presents.  her dad says something like, "those must have been some cookies for santa," to which she replies, "i didn't leave him cookies...i left him cheese!"  that year my kids left cheese out for santa!!

I think that Santa likes Mexican food.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 5:00 pm

I also remember the got milk commercials.

Wow, now we have the dairy product commercials. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 5:02 pm

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think "Power Of Cheese" would've been a great name for an 80's hair metal band.  ;D

Maybe.sounds too cheesy. ;)

Howard

Written By: AL-B on 01/26/05 at 6:21 pm

Maybe.sounds too cheesy. ;)

Howard
So did a lot of those hair bands!!! ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 6:59 pm

So did a lot of those hair bands!!! ;D

Yes.you have a point there Al. ;D

Howard

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 01/29/05 at 9:36 pm

My favorite one is where the little girl leaves cheese for Santa and she gets TONS of presents and she says "it must have been the cheese" or something like that

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/06/06 at 1:25 am

That one showing the moon and suddenly a block of cheese ominesly arose up with that chilling "2001" effect creeped me. :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/06/06 at 10:22 am

Cheese on the moon?  ;D

Written By: gmann on 03/06/06 at 2:32 pm

During the height of the cheese ads, I worked as a lab assistant in college. Some of the other assistants got into the habit of finding odd bumper stickers and ads to post on our dry erase board. Naturally, "Behold: the Power of Cheese" was among those that made the wall of Fame...erh, Cheese.  ;)

Written By: lady on 06/28/12 at 5:38 pm

Anyone remember the power of cheese commercials? They were late '90s. They were kinda but I liked them. They would always end with some guy saying "ahh the powe of cheese."

I remember that commercial. I have been looking for a copy for some time. My son was the pirate that spun around! If anyone out there has a copy, please let me know. Its going to be a gift for my son.
Thanks in advance !

Written By: Inertia on 06/29/12 at 4:24 pm

I remember those commercials. XD It's been a lot time since I seen one.

Written By: Howard on 06/29/12 at 7:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5v9i04XsqU

Check for new replies or respond here...