inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which Is Worse: Boyz II Men, New Edition, or New Kids On The Block?

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/27/05 at 3:28 pm

This one should be interesting. ;)

Subject: Re: Which Is Worse: Boyz II Men, New Edition, or New Kids On The Block?

Written By: woops on 01/27/05 at 3:36 pm

NKOTB  :P

I actually like New Edition and I like "End Of The Road" from Boyz II Men.

Subject: Re: Which Is Worse: Boyz II Men, New Edition, or New Kids On The Block?

Written By: Howard on 01/27/05 at 4:17 pm

New Kids On The Block

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/27/05 at 10:25 pm

To compare New Edition and Boyz II Men (two great R&B groups) with the likes of NKOTB is completely asinine!  ;D That's like comparing The Beatles and The Rolling Stones to the Osmonds!

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/27/05 at 11:08 pm

NKOTB

Written By: zcrito on 01/27/05 at 11:35 pm

Boyz II Men have two songs from the '90s I really like.

New Edition had that "Cool It Down" and "Candy Girl" songs. They sounded like an '80s, Jackson 5.

So, that leaves New Kids On The Block?? Looks like we gots ourself a "winner".  ;D

Hey, Indy, how did you vote?

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/27/05 at 11:42 pm

New Edition had that "Cool It Down" and "Candy Girl" songs. They sounded like an '80s, Jackson 5.

hey,z..don't wanna be anal but it's actually called "Cool It Now"..which i enjoy  :-[ ;)

once again,i enjoy all three(NKOTB for You Got It(The Right Stuff)-great dance song)-i'm at a standstill  :D

Written By: Jasmine on 01/27/05 at 11:44 pm

I never liked NKOTB I just never got into them

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/28/05 at 12:00 am

I don't think it is asinine. I never like these groups, and to me they do belong with a truly awful group like NKOTB. Just because YOU think a group is great doesn't me they are beyond criticism. In other words, everyone's opinions should count ;)

BTW, Tanya, all three of these groups have been mocked on "In Living Color" in one form or another. ;D

To compare New Edition and Boyz II Men (two great R&B groups) with the likes of NKOTB is completely asinine!  ;D That's like comparing The Beatles and The Rolling Stones to the Osmonds!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 01/28/05 at 3:09 pm

Out of the 3,which group racked up more hits?

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/28/05 at 3:30 pm

I don't think it is asinine. I never like these groups, and to me they do belong with a truly awful group like NKOTB. Just because YOU think a group is great doesn't me they are beyond criticism. In other words, everyone's opinions should count ;)

BTW, Tanya, all three of these groups have been mocked on "In Living Color" in one form or another. ;D

Indy, through my posts on this site, you know that I respect everyone's opinions. I thought it was asinine that is why I used that word. Of course, I respect your opinion! I was defending my vote, that's all.

Anyway, I don't recall New Edition or Boyz II Men being mocked by "In Living Color". I do recall NKOTB, Milli Vanilli, MC Hammer, and others, though. I do remember SNL mocking a song of Boyz II Men, if that makes you happy.  ;)

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/28/05 at 3:31 pm

Howard

I believe it was New Edition. Boyz II Men had the longest #1 song for a while with "End of the Road".

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 01/28/05 at 4:07 pm

I believe it was New Edition. Boyz II Men had the longest #1 song for a while with "End of the Road".

Tanya

you forgot NKOTB Tanya.

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/28/05 at 5:09 pm

you forgot NKOTB Tanya.

Howard

In regards to what, hon? I don't understand.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 01/28/05 at 5:16 pm

In regards to what, hon? I don't understand.

Tanya

as to how many hits they racked up.

Howard

Written By: zcrito on 01/28/05 at 8:13 pm

Howard

I could be wrong, but I remember four years ago (give or take a year) it was said Boyz II Men had more #1 hits than any other group. Is that true?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/29/05 at 10:45 am

as to how many hits they racked up.

Howard

Oh, okay. Well, I know that New Edition had hits with "Cool it Now", "Candy Girl', Mr. Telephone Man", "Can You Stand the Rain", "If It Isn't Love", "Is this End?" and some others. Boyz II Men hit it big with "MotownPhilly", "End of the Road", "I'll Make Love to You", "Water Runs Dry", "Mama", and "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday".

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/29/05 at 10:47 am

To quote the lady in the aol commercial....ALL Of Them ::)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 01/29/05 at 3:48 pm

FHF here,

I like the New kids  :D  Hangin' Tough is so corny how can anybody not?

Written By: woops on 01/29/05 at 5:05 pm

Weren't NKOTB and New Edition formed by the same manager/record exec?

Written By: Howard on 01/30/05 at 7:34 pm

I could be wrong, but I remember four years ago (give or take a year) it was said Boyz II Men had more #1 hits than any other group. Is that true?

more #1 hits in the R & B category? ???

Howard

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 01/31/05 at 7:30 am

Boyz II Men

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/31/05 at 7:31 am

I actually like New Edition and Boyz II Men - I also liked New Edition's shoot-off group Bell Biv Devoe.

Even though I would not get into a group like NKOTB these days, I did like them when I was younger.  The only song of theirs I didn't like was that one with Tommy Page, 'I'll Be Your Everything'.  

Check for new replies or respond here...