inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Duckman & Old MTV

Written By: Aubster on 01/29/05 at 8:04 pm

Do you guys remember duckman? & When MTV had those weird cartoons at night like egghead or something?

Subject: Re: Duckman & Old MTV

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/29/05 at 8:09 pm

Duckman rocks!!!!

I remember the most weirdest cartoons, The Head and Maxx. The Head was a cartoon about a purple, demon like alien that lived in a guy's head, and cause it to grow big. The Maxx is kind of hard to describe!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Aubster on 01/29/05 at 8:11 pm

Yea!! I swear I ask everyone about those shows and no1 remembers! :o

Written By: woops on 01/30/05 at 1:08 am

I liked "MTV Oddities: The Head", "MTV Oddities: The Maxx", and USA's "Dusckman" (repeats on Comedy Central)  8)  :D

The Maxx would be the weirdest (though still a great cartoon) out of the bunch

Written By: AL-B on 01/30/05 at 6:07 pm

I never saw Duckman, but a friend of mine told me of an exchange between Duckman and a two-headed duck that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

(Two-headed duck)
Head #1: "I'm thirsty!"

Head #2: "And I gotta pee!"

Duckman: "Well, that just works out perfectly!"

;D ;D ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/30/05 at 6:51 pm

Duckman was always such a jerk!!!!!!

"What the hell are you staring at!!!!!"  ::)  ;D

Intersting note: Jason Alexander did the voice of Duckman.

Written By: tarheel101784 on 01/30/05 at 9:59 pm

Ok, quick question. This show popped in my head out of nowhere tonight while I was on the phone. It was an old MTV show, from the mid to late 90's I believe. It was about these college kids who mingled and such, had a lot to do with sex if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed it...does anyone remember the name of this show? If so, do tell, it would be much appreciated!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/05 at 10:31 am

Ok, quick question. This show popped in my head out of nowhere tonight while I was on the phone. It was an old MTV show, from the mid to late 90's I believe. It was about these college kids who mingled and such, had a lot to do with sex if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed it...does anyone remember the name of this show? If so, do tell, it would be much appreciated!

It's probally Undergrads.

Written By: tarheel101784 on 01/31/05 at 11:33 am

No, if I remember correctly Undergrads, which was also great, was an animated series. The show I am talking about wasn't. Wanna hear something wierd? I had a dream last night and the name of the show appeared on a list I was looking at...but now I can't remember it for anything!

Written By: tarheel101784 on 02/01/05 at 9:23 am

Never mind, I found out the other day...it was Undressed, I liked that show alot!  :D

Written By: 1992thousand on 02/01/05 at 6:41 pm

Undressed, yea i remember that it was the late night soap opera with lots of storylines involving high schoolers and 20 somethings. It was over the top, especially in the later seasons, but i enjoyed it.

Duckman, that was a funny cartoon, i wish theyd show it on adult swim, maybe it could gain a cult following and get brought back!(ok, not likely after almost a decade). I Know they used to show it on comedy central with other cancelled toons like The Critic and The Tick.

Written By: Suzy on 02/02/05 at 4:24 am

I totally dislike MTV nowadays but it used to be 24/7 on between 1990-95. But I'm in Europe so I don't know about the shows you mention here. To me MTV's (well, MTV Europe that is) best era was the Ray Cokes era. "Most Wanted" and such..... :)

Written By: Rhiannon on 02/03/05 at 10:37 am

God I love Duckman!  I pray to God that it will be reaired again in syndication!  RANT, RANT, RANT!
Evvi-dance? ;D

Written By: Twilie on 01/26/09 at 3:04 pm

I dont remember those really, but once I see them again I probably will... I remember a show on the old MTV, I swear it was called "The Tick" ... I could be getting it confused with The Maxx... but I swear it was The Tick... and yeah, it seems like nobody remembers those old shows... except for Aeon Flux, but probably cause it was made into a movie or some sheesh... but yeah... MTV sucks nowadays... it's not what it used to be... if they just stuck with how it was back in the early 90's then it would be straight, but now it's not even music television with all that "real life" bullsheesh on it, it's a disgrace to it's name

Check for new replies or respond here...