inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Power Rangers

Written By: Renee17 on 01/31/05 at 5:41 pm

I'm new to this so forgive me if this topic has already been posted. Anyway, I'm obsessed w/ the 90s. To me the 90s was a great decade! I was too young to rememberr the early 90s but boy, I do remember 94-99!!  (I'm currently 17). I use to watch Power Rangers..lol. did anyone else watch them? I remeber watching them every afternoon and then I'd watch Full House! Man, those were the good old days! My friends and I use to play power rangers at school and I was always the pink ranger! haha. Share your memories if ya want.

-Renee

Subject: Re: Power Rangers

Written By: woops on 01/31/05 at 5:51 pm

I liked The Power Rangers, but until they added The Green Ranger (IMO, to ploy to sell more Power Rangers products).
Though I liked the Zords and Bulk & Skull, who were funny at times, but were probably based on Abbott & Costello (or Keenan & Kel, who appeared on the original 'All That")  while "The Power Rangers" had many ripoffs like "VR Troopers". (Though they were ripoffs of "Voltron"...nothing is original in Hollywood...  ::) ) 

I only had their action figures and pogs (remember those?  ::) ).

I liked all the rangers and their zords.

Written By: Renee17 on 01/31/05 at 5:58 pm

lol. Bulk and Skull.. yeah they do remind me of Kenen and Kel.... haha. I never thought about that. I never really like Rita. Her voice annoyed me. lol. Which shows did you like better? The original, Zeo, Turbo, etc.?  I kinda stopped watching after all the orginals left.. Then I think I watched Power Rangers in Space... and thats it! No.. I saw Tme Force.. but never really paid attention to that. Nothing beats the older ones!

Written By: woops on 01/31/05 at 6:11 pm

lol. Bulk and Skull.. yeah they do remind me of Kenen and Kel.... haha. I never thought about that. I never really like Rita. Her voice annoyed me. lol. Which shows did you like better? The original, Zeo, Turbo, etc.?  I kinda stopped watching after all the orginals left.. Then I think I watched Power Rangers in Space... and thats it! No.. I saw Tme Force.. but never really paid attention to that. Nothing beats the older ones!

I also liked the original and some from Zeo.

Though I think it's time for the comapny that produces "Power Rangers"  to stop the franchise since they're no longer popular with today's kids.

I think Zed (I think that was his name) was better than Rita Repulsa, which makes Fran Drecher of "The Nanny" sound pleasant by comparision.  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 01/31/05 at 6:14 pm

I choose Pikachu!

Written By: Renee17 on 01/31/05 at 6:17 pm

I agree. The new power rangers suck.. and they need to stop making them. My 5 year old cousin actually prefers the old Power Rangers over the new ones. Wonder why?? B/c the new ones suck!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/05 at 12:37 am

Power Rangers.... the cockroach of TV, it's sucks so badly.... but it's still on!!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: 1992thousand on 02/01/05 at 6:11 pm

guys should just be honest about why we watched power rangers

"that cute little pink ranger"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/05 at 9:59 pm

No comment......  ::)  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 02/02/05 at 4:41 am

what guy can refuse pink? and i don't mean the pop star

Written By: McDonald on 02/02/05 at 11:43 am

I liked them until the original cast disbanded. I watched them every morning and afternoon, but I never got into action figures of any kind, so I didn't buy any of their crap.

Written By: LadySara87 on 02/02/05 at 3:59 pm

I use to watch them too. My favorite was the earlier ones.  After the original cast left, it got boring.

Check for new replies or respond here...