inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help forgeting a TV show

Written By: jiminy on 01/31/05 at 6:24 pm

What shows did you think really sucked? anything on MTV "Money TV" how about 24 hours a day of just videos? :o

Subject: Re: Need help forgeting a TV show

Written By: woops on 01/31/05 at 6:32 pm

Second on the stuff on MTV. Though I liked the animated programs ("Beavis & Butt-Head", "Oddities"), "Adult Swim" wasn't around..., and "The State", could've been on Comedy Central.  "Real World", "Road Rules", "Undressed", "Say What Karaoke", "MTV Sports", "House of Style", "Singled Out",  etc. ruined the network.  :P Though like everybody else, I like to watch music videos.

I really can't stand "Friends", which was the most overrated sitcom of my generation, IMO.

Written By: jiminy on 01/31/05 at 6:44 pm

the animated programs were good but the Real World was pure garbage, what is real about getting a place to stay free and getting a nice vacation for free? and one more thing, if a random group of 10 people form is it a 100% certainty that at least one is a homosexual?

Written By: AL-B on 01/31/05 at 6:45 pm

If you need help forgetting, I suggest you begin drinking heavily!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 01/31/05 at 7:28 pm

What shows did you think really sucked? anything on MTV "Money TV" how about 24 hours a day of just videos? :o

I enjoyed the 24 hours a day of just videos. As long as they weren't all rap of course. I hate it when shows on MTV have nothing to do with Music. It's Music Television!

Written By: woops on 01/31/05 at 7:31 pm

Now it's "Moronic Television"  :P  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/05 at 12:36 am

I want to forget TRL.... badly!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/01/05 at 5:14 pm

I want to forget Fear Factor :P

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/05 at 10:00 pm

I want to forget Fear Factor :P

Howard

Ditto!!!!  ::)

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/06/05 at 1:01 am

Howard, Jamie, Man do I hear you! Of course, I think we can blame MTV for the popularity of Fear Factor. What is FF really, but a prime-time, game-show version of their own Jacka--  >:(. Think about it!

Your pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Howard on 02/06/05 at 7:17 pm

Howard, Jamie, Man do I hear you! Of course, I think we can blame MTV for the popularity of Fear Factor. What is FF really, but a prime-time, game-show version of their own Jacka--  >:(. Think about it!

Your pal,
Doc

8)

Fear Factor is the most vile disgusting,nauseating piece of crap show I've seen yet. >:(

Howard

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/07/05 at 5:37 pm

What JamieMcBain and Howard said (second time I've agreed with them today  :o )

Written By: Howard on 02/07/05 at 6:43 pm

What JamieMcBain and Howard said (second time I've agreed with them today  :o )

Thank You GRS. >:(

Howard

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/08/05 at 4:18 am

Thank You GRS. >:(

Howard

Mmkay... That obviously came out wrong.

Lets rephrase:
What JamieMcBain and Howard said (second time I've agreed with them today - smart minds think alike)

Written By: whitewolf on 02/08/05 at 5:57 am

Fear Factor is the most vile disgusting,nauseating piece of crap show I've seen yet. >:(

Howard

totally agree

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/08/05 at 11:15 am

Your pal,
Doc

8)

Good description  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/08/05 at 11:19 am

Mmkay... That obviously came out wrong.

Lets rephrase:
What JamieMcBain and Howard said (second time I've agreed with them today - smart minds think alike)

I wanna to know, are people so desperate for cash, that they are willing to risk death, embarrassment, and injury just so they can get on that show?

Written By: AL-B on 02/08/05 at 12:03 pm

Howard
I agree. I think a lot of the stunts are cool but when they get to the part where they have to eat bugs and worms and guts I have to change the channel.
    I know I've said this before, but I predict that before the reality TV genre has run its course, there will be a show where they offer heterosexual men large sums of money (or a brand-new pickup truck!) to have sex with gay men.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/08/05 at 4:56 pm

I wanna to know, are people so desperate for cash, that they are willing to risk death, embarrassment, and injury just so they can get on that show?

I'm sure there are people who actually what to put themselves to the test like that, but the majority of the people on the show only want their 15 minutes of fame

Written By: Howard on 02/08/05 at 5:06 pm

I agree. I think a lot of the stunts are cool but when they get to the part where they have to eat bugs and worms and guts I have to change the channel.
     I know I've said this before, but I predict that before the reality TV genre has run its course, there will be a show where they offer heterosexual men large sums of money (or a brand-new pickup truck!) to have sex with gay men.

Al,I wouldn't risk a chance for Fear Factor.I'd vomit all over the host of the show. :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 02/08/05 at 5:07 pm

If you were that desperate for $25,000 in cash,you probably do that,now wouldn't you,Jamie? ;D

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 02/08/05 at 6:49 pm

***ducks rotten eggs***

Seinfeld

Me, too.  I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand this piece of crap show.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/05 at 7:31 pm

What would it take to cancel it? :P

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/08/05 at 9:28 pm

What would it take to cancel it? :P

Howard

Good question....  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/09/05 at 5:07 pm

Good question....   ;D

destroy the show and shoot the live animals and yeah...kill the host.make him eat slimy worms.give him a taste of his own medicine. :P

Howard

Written By: AL-B on 02/14/05 at 2:14 pm

Help! Last night I was flipping through the channels when I saw Gigli, the infamous Ben Affleck/J Lo dud, pop up on my digital cable guide. Like a fool, I ignored the critics' warnings and tuned in for about 5 minutes just to see if it was really as bad as they said it was. I happened to catch the infamous scene where J Lo was trying to seduce Ben Affleck, and she leaned back and uttered, "It's turkey time....gobble, gobble!" 
     My mind has been poisoned. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can delete this scene from my memory? Is there some drug I can take that will ease the pain? If I beat my head against the wall long enough, will that make it go away? Hell, I'd almost be willing to hold a gun to my head and pull the trigger if it were possible for the bullet to blast away just that tiny little piece of my cerebral cortex where this awful memory is stored and leave the rest of my brain unharmed. Please! Someone help me! Make it stop! Make it stop!
>:( >:( >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/05 at 8:15 pm

Help! Last night I was flipping through the channels when I saw Gigli, the infamous Ben Affleck/J Lo dud, pop up on my digital cable guide. Like a fool, I ignored the critics' warnings and tuned in for about 5 minutes just to see if it was really as bad as they said it was. I happened to catch the infamous scene where J Lo was trying to seduce Ben Affleck, and she leaned back and uttered, "It's turkey time....gobble, gobble!" 
     My mind has been poisoned. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can delete this scene from my memory? Is there some drug I can take that will ease the pain? If I beat my head against the wall long enough, will that make it go away? Hell, I'd almost be willing to hold a gun to my head and pull the trigger if it were possible for the bullet to blast away just that tiny little piece of my cerebral cortex where this awful memory is stored and leave the rest of my brain unharmed. Please! Someone help me! Make it stop! Make it stop!
>:( >:( >:(

Alcohol and more alcohol............... (P.S.  Don't watch Battlefield Earth!!!)  ::)  ;D

Written By: AL-B on 02/14/05 at 8:44 pm

Alcohol and more alcohol............... (P.S.  Don't watch Battlefield Earth!!!)  ::)  ;D
That's OK, sicko's pic has pretty much burned all memories of Gigli out of my mind.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/05 at 9:09 pm

That's OK, sicko's pic has pretty much burned all memories of Gigli out of my mind.

Let's party.... dude's history!

Written By: AL-B on 02/15/05 at 3:02 am

Let's party.... dude's history!
I hope he kills himself.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/15/05 at 8:17 am

I hope he kills himself.  ;D ;D ;D

We are still talking about the same guy.... right?  ::)

Written By: AL-B on 02/15/05 at 5:40 pm

We are still talking about the same guy.... right?  ::)
Yeah. I'm glad he's gone.

Check for new replies or respond here...