inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Flash Forward

Written By: 1992thousand on 02/01/05 at 6:33 pm

anyone ever see this show that was on disney channel/ABC in 96-97. It was about 4 8th graders, Tucker, Becca, Miles, and Christine, also Rachel Blanchard played Becca's older sister Ellen before she went to Clueless. It was a really funny show, too bad it only lasted 1 season (hmm, sounds like a familiar theme among some great 90s teen shows). i liked all those recurring characters too like tuckers crush Kerry, his nemesis Jack, the pizza guy/skater Gooch(lol, that name still makes me laugh), the a/v geek Roland. ahhh man, good times i had watchin that one.

Subject: Re: Flash Forward

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/01/05 at 6:42 pm

anyone ever see this show that was on disney channel/ABC in 96-97. It was about 4 8th graders, Tucker, Becca, Miles, and Christine, also Rachel Blanchard played Becca's older sister Ellen before she went to Clueless. It was a really funny show, too bad it only lasted 1 season (hmm, sounds like a familiar theme among some great 90s teen shows). i liked all those recurring characters too like tuckers crush Kerry, his nemesis Jack, the pizza guy/skater Gooch(lol, that name still makes me laugh), the a/v geek Roland. ahhh man, good times i had watchin that one.

I didn't watch Disney until around 1999 or 2000, but I do very vaguely remember that show.

Written By: woops on 02/01/05 at 6:51 pm

IMO, it was one of the signs of the start of the downfall of The Disney Channel. Along with "Zoog".

Personally, it was OK but not my cup of tea.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/01/05 at 7:03 pm

IMO, it was one of the signs of the start of the downfall of The Disney Channel. Along with "Zoog".

Personally, it was OK but not my cup of tea.

I'd probably think that too if I had Disney back in the day.  Remember when it was only on pay tv?  To me the downfall of Disney occured with "That's So Raven".

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/01/05 at 8:06 pm

Just the title alone brings to mind Zoog Disney.
This is when So Weird, Flash Forward, Bug Juice and Walt Disney World Inside Out were being shown all the time along with old cartoons from the Disney Afternoon after its downfall.
I recall Disney showing Three Men and a Baby A LOT during the Zoog period!
I also remember in 2000 when Disney ripped off the Sci Fi Channel's Sci Fi Channel 2.0 campaign and did Zoogz 2.0. This is when they showed Britney, Christina, Backstreet Boys, BB Mack NSYNC and 98 Degrees videos. 

Written By: saratoga954 on 02/02/05 at 11:26 am

I was trying to think of the name of that show the other day!  I liked it.  I was never much of a fan of Zoog Disney either.  I agree it was better before when it was a pay only channel and I dont remember them showing any commercials (or show promos... w/e).

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/02/05 at 5:25 pm

Do any of you remember the theme played at the beginning of Zoog Disney when it came on in the evening?

Written By: 1992thousand on 02/02/05 at 5:58 pm

i was ok with the zoog shows like flash forward, the famous jett jackson, so weird(before changin the main character) and bug juice (the first couple seasons). But the thing that really stunk for me is all the disney channel (un)original movies! I'll agree there was some corny stuff from the zoog days, the jersey, even stevens, lizzy mcsquire. the proud family cartoon is ok too, i like how they mix up the content for kids and adults. Like i remember one episode i saw there was somethin at the movie theater they were showing Halle Berry's infamous scene from Swordfish(obviously they cut away before any nudity). I was like what the ....

Written By: Aubster on 02/02/05 at 7:22 pm

I actually liked this show .. ALOT!! .. hehe  :)

Written By: SunReignDance on 06/11/05 at 11:52 pm

D00d, the flash foward episodes, etc, and the bug juice episodes we're good, I mean back then disney was something to really turn towards, now its all this garbage like "That's SO Raven", "Sister Sister", all this CRAP thats already been played out, IF ANYTHING TAKE SISTER SISTER AND REPLACE IT WITH "FAMILY MATTERS", AT LEAST STEVE URKEL IS STILL SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT

Written By: woops on 06/12/05 at 7:16 pm

Never liked the Zoog stuff and most shows on Disney when they changed their format to a tween oriented network.

Though there's only one Disney show that I watch once (or twice) in a while... Besides "House of Mouse"    :-X

Only because there's only one good actress and her character is actually funny...and very '90's when it comes to her "Politically Correct" mentality (like being enviromental).  Possibly first "90's stereotype" on television...

Not to mention cute.   :) :-* :-X

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/cmn_images/suite_life-madie.jpg

Ashley Tisdale will  turn 20 on July 2nd.

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/cmn_images/about_03.jpg

Written By: Brandon Murchison on 07/01/05 at 11:44 pm

yea i remember flash forward tha was back when disney was the best channel...it was about the white kid and the black kid i think they was like best friends, they were other main characters in tha show but it was mostly about the white kid and the black kid...mad good shows on disney was out aorund that time like shows like        Bug Juice, Famous Jett Jackson,The Jersey, so weird (what happen to that show so weird) man i hate the fact the i'll never see these shows again..its like the shows just diappeared or something

Written By: bri on 10/05/05 at 12:15 am

i was just reminscing about these old shows...what about the one where there was the family who had to move away...old country family
i dont remember the name of that show though....

Written By: Lourdes on 12/11/05 at 9:14 pm

i was just reminscing about these old shows...what about the one where there was the family who had to move away...old country family
i dont remember the name of that show though....

I think the show you are talking about is The Torkelsons.  It had this kid that later played Minkus, the nerd kid, in Boy Meets World.  It also had the girl talking in the window to "the man in the moon." That was a great show!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...