inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cannibal Corpse vs. Six Feet Under

Written By: jiminy on 02/06/05 at 12:18 am

Chris Barnes was Cannibal Corpse's original singer, I think he has a more gritty voice then George Fisher and hits the high screams better

Subject: Re: Cannibal Corpse vs. Six Feet Under

Written By: AL-B on 02/07/05 at 9:16 pm

You know, I don't know that much about Cannibal Corpse nor am I a particularly big fan of their music. However, around 1991-92 I was in the Army stationed in Germany, and one of my Army buddies and I had this German friend who was into death metal. He took us to a small club in Dortmund (about 100 miles north of where we were stationed) to see Cannibal Corpse. My Army friend and our German friend were really into death metal, I thought it was OK but I went along more just to hang out and have a good time. As it turned out, me and my Army friend were the only Americans there (there were about 75 to 100 people there in all), and after the show Cannibal Corpse stuck around and had a few beers with us for about 1/2 hour, and I remember that they were a bunch of really nice guys.

(Wish you could've been there, jiminy!)

Written By: jiminy on 02/08/05 at 8:15 am

The cool thing about extreme metal music is when you go to a show you very often can meet the bands, they usually play small clubs, I went to see Hypocrisy, Nevermore, Children of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir in Atlanta and Dimmu Borgir's drummer hung out in the crowd all night and we had a few beers with Children of Bodom's drummer. I haven't caught Cannibal Corpse or Six Feet Under live yet but these guys tour almost non-stop so I think I'll get to see them in the future.
http://www.cannibalcorpse.net/

Written By: jiminy on 02/09/05 at 6:31 pm

Cannibal Corpse is also banned from playing any of their first three CDs in Germany

Check for new replies or respond here...