inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I've been wondering what song this is for ages...

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/13/05 at 9:46 am

Ages ago I heard a Smashing Pumpkins song (I think it was the SP, although I'm not 100% sure) and I distinctly remember a bit from the song that goes;

C E C D a E G E D E D (A)

C E C D a E G

In Middle 'C' the lower-case A is one octave up, and the (A) in brackets in the octave below

I've listened to many SM songs and been on the forums. etc but it still eludes me. Its mainly out of a sense of curiosity. Socould  any Smashing pumpkins experts out there help me out? Thanks. Great forum btw.

Subject: Re: I've been wondering what song this is for ages...

Written By: matdn on 02/14/05 at 6:03 pm

www.tabs-lyrics.com is a good site to help search for song titles, i hope this helps. If you had somem lyrics it would be much easier.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/14/05 at 8:52 pm

Thanks, but I only remember hearing the instrumental section, so I wouldn't know any lyrics. If anyone could be bothered to play the tune on the piano/guitar then maybe they might recognise it. No? Didn't think so. Anyway, I'll just keep on looking for now...

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 12:36 pm

I've sinced found out the song was actually 'When You Walk In The Room' by Pat Carrack...amazing, innit?

Written By: FaultyDog on 07/02/06 at 3:29 pm

I've sinced found out the song was actually 'When You Walk In The Room' by Pat Carrack...amazing, innit?

That's Paul Carrack. Slip of the pen keyboard, I presume... ???

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/06 at 6:46 pm

Like Henk says, it was Paul Carrack :)

It was a hit for him in 1988, but originally the song was a 1962 hit for Jackie DeShannon

Written By: gmann on 07/25/06 at 11:32 pm

Like Henk says, it was Paul Carrack :)

It was a hit for him in 1988, but originally the song was a 1962 hit for Jackie DeShannon

...and also for The Searchers in 1965, IIRC.

Check for new replies or respond here...