inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90's Wrestling...who ruled...WCW?WWF?ECfrigginW?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/13/05 at 8:14 pm

Which of these three wrestling organizations kicked a** in the 90's?

I pick WCW....Why...Coz of stuff like "Monday Nitro"..."War Games/The Match Beyond"...and of course the NWO who always stirred up s*it....

Second would be EC F*n' W....which was out of my area,Philly actually,where the infamous ECW Arena was...Crazy loons like the Dudley Boyz,Sabu,"The Franchise"(Shane Douglas)...and of course the infamous try at a hostile takeover of the WWF by the same nutcases...

Subject: Re: 90's Wrestling...who ruled...WCW?WWF?ECfrigginW?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/13/05 at 10:13 pm

WWF, It was good during the 80's - early mid 90's.... now I am not a big fan as much anymore.

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/05 at 12:13 pm

Hmmm . . . Another wrestling thread?  ???

My opinion? ECW made the most progress in the 90s.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/05 at 3:04 pm

I think it was WWF and a little bit of WCW.they were good for the most part,till they both went downhill. ::)

Howard

Written By: SkyLowLow on 02/15/05 at 12:58 pm

I went betweenand enjoyed all three.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/05 at 2:41 pm

I remember when The WWF ruled at one time.I think it was the early 90's but then they went downhill with all those stupid gimmicks. ::)

Howard

Written By: Webstor on 02/19/05 at 11:41 pm

The WWF was great up until the early 90's when they started to boot out all the classic guys like Hogan, Macho Man, etc...  They tried to give the show a younger feeling......
That when they started pumping Bret Hart, HBK, etc..... I thought that sucked.

So, I switched the WCW...and when the nWo came out, I was back in wrestling heaven.
But of course, all good things must come to an end.

My affiliation with WCW ended when I actually coughed up money for a PPV to see Jay Leno in the main event.

I jumped back to WWF and have been with them ever since.

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/20/05 at 1:08 am

WWF most definitely, speaking of wrestling anyone remember GLOW wrestling?

Written By: Howard on 02/20/05 at 12:15 pm

Yes,I do. and here is a picture of Ivory(Tina Moretti) 1986

http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs7/tinaferari.jpg

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/05 at 12:51 pm

The WWF was great up until the early 90's when they started to boot out all the classic guys like Hogan, Macho Man, etc...  They tried to give the show a younger feeling......
That when they started pumping Bret Hart, HBK, etc..... I thought that sucked.

I noticed that most of the stalwarts of the WWF left in 1992 for one reason or another (Greg Valentine, Hercules, Haku, Texas Tornado, Tito Santana (El Matador), Barbarian, Jake 'the snake' Roberts, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, Warlord and 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka). This left the WWF with a gaping whole in their wrestling rosta. It showed at Royal Rumble 1993 and Wrestlemania 9!

So, I switched the WCW...and when the nWo came out, I was back in wrestling heaven.
But of course, all good things must come to an end.

I was never interested in the NWO. To me, it illustrated everything that has gone wrong with wrestling since.

My affiliation with WCW ended when I actually coughed up money for a PPV to see Jay Leno in the main event.

I could imagine you feeling ripped off by that. Celebrities wrestling in matches should never be allowed (David Arquette anyone?)

I jumped back to WWF and have been with them ever since.

We haven't had much of a choice since everything else went bankrupt. Though, if you can, watch a bit of Ring of Honor or NOAH Japanese wrestling - great stuff.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/20/05 at 1:20 pm

I don't understand why WWF had to create such dumb gimmcks such as Berzerker,Saba Simba,I.R.S.,The Sultan,Goon,Max Moon & T.L.Hopper.I mean some of these people were 80's wrestlers and then Vince later changed their persona around so fans wouldn't have a clue who in the hell they even were.I think that's why WWF went downhill from there. ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/05 at 1:35 pm

I don't understand why WWF had to create such dumb gimmcks such as Berzerker,Saba Simba,I.R.S.,The Sultan,Goon,Max Moon & T.L.Hopper.I mean some of these people were 80's wrestlers and then Vince later changed their persona around so fans wouldn't have a clue who in the hell they even were.I think that's why WWF went downhill from there. ::)

I think Vince was looking for a shortcut formula and it wasn't working out for him (like it isn't now) and that is, because it seems as if he has lost faith in his workers. It's like TV executives that only use a pilot episode to work out whether a series is going to be a success or not.

T.L Hopper didn't last very long at all (about the same time as The Goon).

Written By: Howard on 02/20/05 at 1:41 pm

I think Vince was looking for a shortcut formula and it wasn't working out for him (like it isn't now) and that is, because it seems as if he has lost faith in his workers. It's like TV executives that only use a pilot episode to work out whether a series is going to be a success or not.

T.L Hopper didn't last very long at all (about the same time as The Goon).

I know but why change a wrestler into clownish characters like T.L.Hopper(The Wrestling Plumber) ::) Or The Goon(a mad hockey player)?
or Repo Man(a guy who steals your things and reposesses it for his own) ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/05 at 2:21 pm

I know but why change a wrestler into clownish characters like T.L.Hopper(The Wrestling Plumber) ::) Or The Goon(a mad hockey player)?
or Repo Man(a guy who steals your things and reposesses it for his own) ::)

I had just answered this, Howard. The WWE were using a formula that wasn't working for them anymore.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/05 at 2:34 pm

I had just answered this, Howard. The WWE were using a formula that wasn't working for them anymore.

Oh Ok,I see.thanks. ;D

Howard

Written By: SkyLowLow on 02/24/05 at 12:21 am

I used to sneak downstairs everynight to try and watch Saturday Night's Main Event and for some reason, my retardedness most likely, I always ended up catching G.L.O.W until 3:00am.  My Mom or Dad would litterally have to wake up every Sunday Morning at 2:00am - 3:00am, walk downstairs, and yell at me to go to bed.

Needless to say I would try and sneak back down.  This only happened a few times as the repercussions were pretty heavy and unwanted.

Now that I think about it, was SNME on Friday or something like Saturday Night Live?  That always pissed me of.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/05 at 2:22 pm

WCW ruled at one time but it turned to garbage after a while. :P

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/24/05 at 2:46 pm

I got in to wrestling with the WWF.. i came in at the end of the Hogan era so never really felt an attachment to him. HBK, Bret Hart, those were my guys. I remember being really upset about the infamous Montreal incident as a kid.

I usually tuned in and watched a bit of WCW, but so much of it was weak storylines and even weaker wrestling. I would often videotape Nitro and just watch the last 30 mins. The Nitro main event's always rocked. The rest of the show often sucked.

I loved ECW and used to stay up till like 3am or if i could find a blank tape, record Hardcore TV. I loved it from pretty much when it started to when it ended.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/05 at 3:33 pm

nowadays,I can only watch the main event of Monday Night RAW the beginning & middle suck.

Howard

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/29/05 at 4:54 pm

i am still watching wrestling the divas of the 90's we ok I was not into the divas until they were talking about this girl named trish stratus I don't know who she is until she made her debut in 2000

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/29/05 at 4:55 pm

i am still watching wrestling the divas of the 90's we ok I was not into the divas until they were talking about this girl named trish stratus I don't know who she is until she made her debut in 2000 but OMG she so cute and sexy I had a crush on trish stratus to this day she is hot

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/05 at 5:22 pm

I only ever watched the WWF.  I got a little tired of wrestling towards the end of the 90's.  It went from man vs. man in the ring, to man with the help of another man, a chair and a lead pipe vs. man with the help of two other men, three chairs, and a trash can back stage with no referees :(

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/29/05 at 5:27 pm

nowadays,I can only watch the main event of Monday Night RAW the beginning & middle suck.

I usually watch most of Raw, or let the Satallite record it and watch it later. I can't even remember the last time i watched Smackdown.

Put it this way, the last time i watched Smackdown from start to finish was the Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar Ironman Match - Great Technical Wrestling. That was at least 14-15 months ago.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/29/05 at 6:30 pm

I usually watch most of Raw, or let the Satallite record it and watch it later. I can't even remember the last time i watched Smackdown.

Put it this way, the last time i watched Smackdown from start to finish was the Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar Ironman Match - Great Technical Wrestling. That was at least 14-15 months ago.

Actually, that was from September 2003

Written By: Harmonica on 10/30/05 at 9:08 am

90's what are we talking about here?  Early 90's, Mid 90's, late 90's.

Early 90's WWF ruled without a doubt. From 90-92 WWF kicked both Eastern Championship's and World Championship's butts.  They had a roster of guys like you wouldn't believe and WCW pretty much relied on Sting alone.  ECW had their guys that people liked i.e. Chris Candido and The Pit Bulls but nothing compared to the rosters of the other too.

Mid 90's into late 90's it was fun to switch channels because you got something DIFFERENT on each program.  If you wanted to watch the soap opera with the melodramatic acting, the violence, and sex you tuned into WWF.  If you wanted to watch the more family oriented, good vs Bad, morals and values wrestling you turned the dial to WCW. If you just wanted to watch people beaten the living crap out of one another you tuned into ECW which was now Extreme Championship Wrestling.

The late 90's really sucked for me because each wrestling program on TV was exactly the same.  It was WWF's version with a slash mixture of ECW's version.

I remember one night during the good WCW years when Tony Shivioni(spelled WRONG) said, "Parents if your kids are watching you have nothing be afraid of. WCW is a family show where we conduct morals and values. You don't have to worry about extreme violence or seeing women walking around half naked or any of the crap WWF puts on there program. Oh no, we're the WCW and we care what we show people."

About a year later when WCW decided to win they'd have to copy WWF.  Great idea Vince Russo!  Shivoni said, "Whoo hoo take it off, take it off!"  When Shawn Stasiak was accompanied to he ring by women in very tight bikinis.  I have yet to forgive Shivoni.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/30/05 at 9:14 am

Actually, that was from September 2003

Hahaha, tells you all you need to know then dosen't it  ;D

About a year later when WCW decided to win they'd have to copy WWF.  Great idea Vince Russo!  Shivoni said, "Whoo hoo take it off, take it off!"  When Shawn Stasiak was accompanied to he ring by women in very tight bikinis.  I have yet to forgive Shivoni.

I'm yet to forgive Schiavoni  ;) for his "Wow, that'll put a lot of asses in seats" comment.

Hey Tony, now your a useless Bum.. 'FUC! YOU TONY!"

Written By: Harmonica on 10/31/05 at 1:40 am

Hahaha, tells you all you need to know then dosen't it  ;D

I'm yet to forgive Schiavoni  ;) for his "Wow, that'll put a lot of asses in seats" comment.

Hey Tony, now your a useless Bum.. 'FUC! YOU TONY!"

Pro Wrestling Illustrated  Useless Bum's Awards

Champion: Tony Schiavoni
Runner Up: Vince Russo
Third Place: Vic Venom

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/31/05 at 9:23 am

Pro Wrestling Illustrated  Useless Bum's Awards

Champion: Tony Schiavoni
Runner Up: Vince Russo
Third Place: Vic Venom

;D

Pretty much got it there.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/31/05 at 11:49 am

Even though this has nothing to do with 90's Wrestling, on WWE.com, it says that Christian just Quit the WWE  :(

He was one of my favorites

Written By: Carl on 10/31/05 at 2:52 pm

Even though this has nothing to do with 90's Wrestling, on WWE.com, it says that Christian just Quit the WWE

Well, sounds like a smart guy to me!

But in the 90s, I felt is was WCW, then later it was WWF

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 3:11 pm

I thought now would be a good time to bump this.  I don't know if you guys have heard the Tragic news, but WWE Wrestler "Eddie Guerrero" just died earlier this morning.  He was found dead in his hotel bathroom  :\'(

R.I.P

Even more sad is that he was actually scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Title later tonight at the "Smackdown" Tapings  :-http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/5101/vivalaeddie4yh.jpg

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/13/05 at 3:23 pm

I thought now would be a good time to bump this.  I don't know if you guys have heard the Tragic news, but WWE Wrestler "Eddie Guerrero" just died earlier this morning.  He was found dead in his hotel bathroom  :\'(

R.I.P

Even more sad is that he was actually scheduled to win the WWE Title later tonight at the "Smackdown" Tapings  :-http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/5101/vivalaeddie4yh.jpg

I discoverd this today.

I'm sure a lot of uninformed people will come out with "Oh that's what steroid abuse will do" Eddie was about 5'9 and 200 Lbs. If there was ever a natural athelte it was him.

Eddie has a drug problem a few years ago and cleaned himself up. The man was dedicated to his passion.

He has a large family who i'm sure are all greiving.

Eddie was a hero to those of us who've had to overcome our own demons, he was an inspiration and a marvelous athlete.

I'm just glad he was able to hold the title he worked so hard for before he died.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 3:29 pm

I discoverd this today.

I'm sure a lot of uninformed people will come out with "Oh that's what steroid abuse will do" Eddie was about 5'9 and 200 Lbs. If there was ever a natural athelte it was him.

Eddie has a drug problem a few years ago and cleaned himself up. The man was dedicated to his passion.

He has a large family who i'm sure are all greiving.

Eddie was a hero to those of us who've had to overcome our own demons, he was an inspiration and a marvelous athlete.

I'm just glad he was able to hold the title he worked so hard for before he died.

He overcame everything, he was amazing.  It says that they think he died from Heart Failure.  Well Wrestling every single day of the year will eventually take its toll on someones body.  What kills me the most is that he was scheduled to defeat Batista tonight for the World Heavyweight Title because Batista is going to have to miss 3 months due to injury so they had to get the belt off of him.  Eddie will always be a World Champion in my book

They say that they found Eddie lying dead in his Bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth  :\'(

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 3:38 pm

Here is a little bit of news about it

Eddie Guerrero had breakfast with Chavo Guerrero this morning and then returned to his hotel room. When he did not come out at the expected time, Chavo and others knocked on his door and called his room to no answer. Security got his door open and Guerrero was found dead in the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth. It is believed that he had a heart attack while brushing his teeth.

WWE wrestlers and staff were very shaken up as they headed to the Target Center for the RAW/Smackdown taping tonight. As reported earlier, the plans for the taping have been changed to make it a Eddie Guerrero dedication show

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/13/05 at 3:40 pm

He overcame everything, he was amazing.  It says that they think he died from Heart Failure.  Well Wrestling every single day of the year will eventually take its toll on someones body.  What kills me the most is that he was scheduled to defeat Batista tonight for the World Heavyweight Title because Batista is going to have to miss 3 months due to injury so they had to get the belt off of him.  Eddie will always be a World Champion in my book

They say that they found Eddie lying dead in his Bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth  :\'(

Oh man, i hadn't seen that yet.

He was without a shadow of a doubt one of the best in the business.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/13/05 at 8:26 pm

Someone somewhere has got to stop the drug usage.  I can't say for sure but look at how small Eddie was only a few years ago and how big he got in a short amount of time.  Too many deaths, to many of them, and yeah maybe they're worth it when you look at it from a material sense of life, but Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog and now Eddie?  Something has to be done.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 11/13/05 at 8:39 pm

we will miss you eddie and I was wondering who will take his place at the survivor series?

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 8:52 pm

I was watching the Press Conference today with Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero Jr. and they were talking about how Eddie had problems with Alcoholism and he was addicted to Pain Killers, but Chavo said that when they were on a Plane together yesterday, Eddie told Chavo how today was his 4th year anniversary of being clean and sober and how proud he was of himself

Chavo also said that Eddie has been a Born again Christian for about 4 years now also

Vince was saying how the problems that Eddie had with Alcohol and Pills in the past eventually just took its toll on his body, plus with him Wrestling non stop every day

One thing that had me concerned was that I just got done watching "Smackdown" from this past Friday and I noticed that after Eddie's match, he kept holding the side of his head and then Eddie turned around and his opponent hit him HARD in the head with a chair (as part of the script obviously), but i'm really hoping that his death had nothing to do with a head or brain injury or anything

And Matt, I'm not sure who will replace him, they will probably wait 2 weeks to announce it.  They just now finished taping RAW and Smackdown for this coming week.  They were both a tribute show and some of the wrestlers had some things to say about Eddie and how great he was.  Chris Benoit was crying through the whole show

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/13/05 at 9:03 pm

Someone somewhere has got to stop the drug usage.  I can't say for sure but look at how small Eddie was only a few years ago and how big he got in a short amount of time.  Too many deaths, to many of them, and yeah maybe they're worth it when you look at it from a material sense of life, but Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog and now Eddie?  Something has to be done.

There are many demons in the Industry (as with life) and Eddie had problems with them. As i said before though, how he overcame them is an inspiration. A few years ago he was a good 35-40lbs lighter.. but he was skinny, very skinny. I sincerly doubt he used anything in the past few years. I think what McMahon said is probably true. What he did in the past caught up with him and the way he's punished his body the last few years took it's toll.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/14/05 at 1:41 pm

I was watching the Press Conference today with Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero Jr. and they were talking about how Eddie had problems with Alcoholism and he was addicted to Pain Killers, but Chavo said that when they were on a Plane together yesterday, Eddie told Chavo how today was his 4th year anniversary of being clean and sober and how proud he was of himself

Chavo also said that Eddie has been a Born again Christian for about 4 years now also

Vince was saying how the problems that Eddie had with Alcohol and Pills in the past eventually just took its toll on his body, plus with him Wrestling non stop every day

One thing that had me concerned was that I just got done watching "Smackdown" from this past Friday and I noticed that after Eddie's match, he kept holding the side of his head and then Eddie turned around and his opponent hit him HARD in the head with a chair (as part of the script obviously), but i'm really hoping that his death had nothing to do with a head or brain injury or anything

And Matt, I'm not sure who will replace him, they will probably wait 2 weeks to announce it.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/15/05 at 4:30 pm

Every pro wrestling fan on this site should go to WWE.com and watch what Beniot had to say about Eddie Guerrero.  That's what friendship is all about.  If your able to watch it with a straight face the entire time, well your able to do somethign I wasn't able to do.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 4:46 pm

I don't know if you guys have heard, but yesterday morning, some ESPN Radio Host named Colin Cowherd made some insensative comments about Eddie Guerrero's Death, going as far as to say it wasn't Newsworthy and that he obviously died from Steroids

Now earlier today on a Boston Radio station "WEEI", some idiot Host was ragging on Eddie for "Probably taking steroids" and then he made the most tasteless comment i've ever heard in my life, and I quote... "Well, at least he didn't fall out of the rafters like some of them do...SPLAT!" (referring to Owen Hart's death)

I hope these idiots get what's coming to them one day  >:(

btw, Eddie's autopsy came in today, he died from  "Massive Heart Failure"

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/15/05 at 4:50 pm

Every pro wrestling fan on this site should go to WWE.com and watch what Beniot had to say about Eddie Guerrero.  That's what friendship is all about.  If your able to watch it with a straight face the entire time, well your able to do somethign I wasn't able to do.

I couldn't help but cry during the entire show last night.

Written By: Erick on 11/15/05 at 6:23 pm

Raw last night was such an emotional night. It made me so sad to see that Eddie Guerrero died. He was the best at what he did and he will never be forgotten. I was a big fan of his. I remember when he first came to the wwe. He left so many memories. All the great matches with RVD, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, etc.

QUE VIVA EDDIE GUERRERO
  TE QUEREMOS MUCHO

RIP
    1967-2005

Written By: TarzSp on 11/17/05 at 7:36 am

Now there is some MORE Bad News, according to someone who works within the WWE, there apparently is another star Wrestler who is considered to be on the WWE's "Death Watch List".  Apparently this list is something that only Vince and the people working within the WWE know of, but they claim that if this Wrestler (who is basically on his "Death Bed") is to die soon, it would "make Eddie Guerrero's death look minor by comparison"

There are strong rumors that this Wrestler on the "Death Watch List" is actually Kurt Angle, who recently got Divorced and has been addicted to Pain Killers for some time now.  There seems to be a really strong chance that this wrestler on the Death Watch List could Die anytime soon and probably will die no matter what within the next couple of months

Here is a link to the info, http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/headlines.php?subaction=showfull&id=1132198148&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

:-[

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 9:14 am

Now there is some MORE Bad News, according to someone who works within the WWE, there apparently is another star Wrestler who is considered to be on the WWE's "Death Watch List".  Apparently this list is something that only Vince and the people working within the WWE know of, but they claim that if this Wrestler (who is basically on his "Death Bed") is to die soon, it would "make Eddie Guerrero's death look minor by comparison"

There are strong rumors that this Wrestler on the "Death Watch List" is actually Kurt Angle, who recently got Divorced and has been addicted to Pain Killers for some time now.  There seems to be a really strong chance that this wrestler on the Death Watch List could Die anytime soon and probably will die no matter what within the next couple of months

Here is a link to the info, http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/headlines.php?subaction=showfull&id=1132198148&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

:-[

Angle is just the sort of guy to work until the end.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/17/05 at 2:55 pm

Now there is some MORE Bad News, according to someone who works within the WWE, there apparently is another star Wrestler who is considered to be on the WWE's "Death Watch List".

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 3:00 pm

Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero are both great entertainers who have added a lot to the professional wrestling world.  Lord knows I am not a Kurt Angle fan but I know what he has done and I do respect him for it, and I don't want anything tragic to happen to him.

What I wanna know is who in the hell had the nerve to say, "make Eddie Guerrero's death look minor by comparison".  That sheesh don't stand with me.

I don't understand that statement either.
I suppose when a big star dies it's big news.. but.. Eddie was a Huge star.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/17/05 at 5:10 pm

Here is something interesting I found from an Article about Kurt Angle

-: Angle's family had a history of heart disease

-: His head has grown immensely as a side effect of HGH.

-: Angle has been described as having physically aged 15 years in the past 5.

-: He has severe nerve damage in his face and he has had fluid drained from his left ear over 80 times. He has no hearing left in it whatsoever

-: He has had six knee surgeries and a broken neck.

-: He's ripped ligaments in his ankle, and he's dislocated his shoulder.

-: Angle trained for rougly 9 hours a day for the Olympics.

-: Angle was told years ago that he is risking paralysis by wrestling. Every time he gets in there he is risking it. Angle's reaction? He found a painkiller and carried on.

-: He is in non-stop pain all the time and struggles to get out of bed.

-: Many describe Angle as someone who simply doesn't have a stop button. He doesn't know when enough is enough.

-: He doesn't allow himself to think about quitting. He punches himself in the head if the thought even starts to flow through his head.

-: The nerve damage in his body is so bad that his triceps are basically non-existent.

-: Angle NEEDS surgery that WILL end his career. He is delaying it as long as he can

-: WWE officials used to call Angle's wife when they were worried about his health, because he REFUSED to let them know he was in pain.

-: Angle's wife told Angle that she would force him to stop if it got to the point where he was risking not being able to play with their daughter. She said that there comes a point where you have to stop. Angle's response? "I'll never stop!"

-: Angle is now divorced...

Angle seems like the most likely candidate to go next.  Let's all pray he, or anyone else for that matter, doesent  :-[

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 5:21 pm

Here is something interesting I found from an Article about Kurt Angle

Angle seems like the most likely candidate to go next.  Let's all pray he, or anyone else for that matter, doesent  :-[

Kurt Angle could well be considerd one of the greatest athletes of the 20th century.

There is no man on this earth with a drive like his.

He said it himself, He'd rather die out in the ring than give up. It would come as no suprise to me if Angle was to die in the next year or so, but i guarentee it's the choice he would make. I admire Kurt Angle like no other man alive. He is an inspiration and a hero.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/19/05 at 7:35 pm

Howard
The worst gimmick Vince McMahon ever dreamed up IMO was Terry Taylor as 'The Red Rooster'! The Million Dollar Man and Virgil was stupid too..especially when MDM would offer to give $$$ to some sap in the audience if they did some idiotic, disgusting act!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/19/05 at 7:45 pm

I don't know if you guys have heard, but yesterday morning, some ESPN Radio Host named Colin Cowherd made some insensative comments about Eddie Guerrero's Death, going as far as to say it wasn't Newsworthy and that he obviously died from Steroids

Now earlier today on a Boston Radio station "WEEI", some idiot Host was ragging on Eddie for "Probably taking steroids" and then he made the most tasteless comment i've ever heard in my life, and I quote... "Well, at least he didn't fall out of the rafters like some of them do...SPLAT!" (referring to Owen Hart's death)

I hope these idiots get what's coming to them one day

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/19/05 at 7:54 pm

WCW got to be a freakshow BIGTIME when non-talented ego-trippers like Steve McMichael started wrestling there. Just because someone was a tough guy or an enforcer on an 80's era football team does not mean they can be successful in pro wrestling. McMichael had to use both Debra and a steel briefcase to win matches. 'Mongo' should have never been in the Four Horsemen. I always thought Flair got guys with wrestling talent/skills to join the Horsemen...Flair dropped the proverbial ball by inviting Mongo into wrestling's once-elite team!!

Written By: Harmonica on 11/20/05 at 1:30 am

The worst gimmick Vince McMahon ever dreamed up IMO was Terry Taylor as 'The Red Rooster'! The Million Dollar Man and Virgil was stupid too..especially when MDM would offer to give $$$ to some sap in the audience if they did some idiotic, disgusting act!

If you consider what the Million dollar man did to be "disgusting"  I want to know what you thought of the Godfather pointing at a 12-16 year old girl in the crowd and calling her, "future business".

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 6:44 am

I did not see the Godfather thing.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 6:46 am

How about ECW's Dudley Boyz and their..ahem..creative use of TABLES?

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/20/05 at 4:02 pm

If you consider what the Million dollar man did to be "disgusting"  I want to know what you thought of the Godfather pointing at a 12-16 year old girl in the crowd and calling her, "future business".

HAHAHA! Dang, i missed that.

;D

How about ECW's Dudley Boyz and their..ahem..creative use of TABLES?

That's what tables are for.. isn't it?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 7:15 pm

HAHAHA! Dang, i missed that.

;D

That's what tables are for.. isn't it?
Okay D'Von..I got the 'babyface' on the table...Let's SPLAT 'em!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 7:16 pm

Kurt Angle could well be considerd one of the greatest athletes of the 20th century.

There is no man on this earth with a drive like his.

He said it himself, He'd rather die out in the ring than give up. It would come as no suprise to me if Angle was to die in the next year or so, but i guarentee it's the choice he would make. I admire Kurt Angle like no other man alive. He is an inspiration and a hero.
Kurt Angle has GUTS, to say the least....

Check for new replies or respond here...