inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wrestlemania 20 review by Rob Bloom

Written By: NwO4Life on 02/16/05 at 11:41 am

WM 20 pretty much sucked, in terms of WMs, but it was better than recent pay per views.

This article talks about being at the garden for the big show. It's pretty funny.

www.robbloom.com/creative/mania.htm

Subject: Re: Wrestlemania 20 review by Rob Bloom

Written By: Carl D. on 03/08/05 at 3:26 pm

That's an awesome article. has Rob Bloom written anything else about wrestling?

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 4:43 pm

• It's not wise to trust somebody who was your enemy until four weeks ago and now says, "I got your back, brother" every five seconds and wants to be your tag team partner.
• The loser of a "retirement match" never retires.
• What's promoted to be a "20-foot-tall steel cage" is really just a rickety, chain-link fence.
• The guy who comes to the ring without entrance music or explosive pyro will never win.
• Top wrestlers need an adjective placed before their name, preferably one that provides alliteration (i.e. 'Ravishing' Rick Rude or Carlito Caribbean Cool).
• When an awful deed is taking place inside the ring, the referee will either be knocked unconscious or staring uncomprehendingly at the fans who are screaming for him to turn around. Unfortunately, when he does, it will have just ended.
• When an established wrestler ceases to draw money at the box office, the promoter will simply turn him "bad." Or good. Or bad then good then bad again!

That's funny.some of those are true. ;D

Howard

Written By: Kryllith on 03/10/05 at 12:02 am

It's fairly accurate, though I've seen the exception to all the rules numerous times. The biggest exception I'd say is the steel cage, since although the WWE's current cage is pretty much just fencing, it used to be a bunch of bars. :)

Kryllith

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 2:03 pm

It's fairly accurate, though I've seen the exception to all the rules numerous times. The biggest exception I'd say is the steel cage, since although the WWE's current cage is pretty much just fencing, it used to be a bunch of bars. :)

Kryllith

I've always wondered why in the hell does it take them 15 minutes to put up a stupid cage for crying out loud at MSG?
The steel cage should be up and ready and they have the fans waiting like that.It's not right >:(

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...