inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Full House

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 4:51 pm

I'm trying to remeberr if the girls on Full house ever called Joey uncle joey? Thanks to anyone who helps! ;)

Subject: Re: Full House

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 4:53 pm

I'm trying to remeberr if the girls on Full house ever called Joey uncle joey? Thanks to anyone who helps! ;)

Usually not ... in the last episode the oldest sister, D.J, told the youngest sister (Michelle) after she lost her memory (I'll elaborate later) "He's not really our uncle, we just call him that". 

The girls liked him about as much as they liked Jesse, their real uncle, though.

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 4:56 pm

Thanks! ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 4:57 pm

Thanks! ;)

You're welcome :)

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 5:00 pm

I have another question. Is there going to be a FH reunion?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 5:03 pm

I have another question. Is there going to be a FH reunion?

Uh ... I've heard rumours but I'm unsure if they're true.  They might be, but I doubt John Stamos would show up.  The others probably would although I'm not sure about the Olsens.  I guess they might only want to do contraband, "adult" stuff like Hilary Duff is going to but they're not popular anymore so they might.

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 5:08 pm

Ok. I use to watch this show way back and now I can't pick up nick at nite or Abcfamily so I'm unable to watch it. I miss it so bad! I'm hoping for a reunion, that would be great.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 5:10 pm

Ok. I use to watch this show way back and now I can't pick up nick at nite or Abcfamily so I'm unable to watch it. I miss it so bad! I'm hoping for a reunion, that would be great.

It sure would be.  It's been 10 years.  Although they did have some sort of reunion in 1997, two years after the show got cancelled.

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 5:13 pm

I was hoping they would have the reunion in may. Afterall, in  May it will be 10 years ago that FH went off air. Also, Whatever happened to the boy twins? I haven't heard anything about them in years.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 5:15 pm

I was hoping they would have the reunion in may. Afterall, in May it will be 10 years ago that FH went off air. Also, Whatever happened to the boy twins? I haven't heard anything about them in years.

As far as I know they fell off the face of the Earth  ;D  I don't know.  I do know their actors (from when they were toddlers) are now 14.  Weird huh?

Written By: blondey on 02/18/05 at 5:20 pm

Very weird. I wonder what they look like now?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 5:25 pm

Very weird. I wonder what they look like now?

Probably like kids who wear Papa Roach t-shirts and derogatively use the word "F*g"!  ;D

Written By: blondey on 02/18/05 at 5:28 pm

haha. That would be so funny if they are really like that.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 5:31 pm

haha. That would be so funny if they are really like that.

Remember that episode when they imagined Becky as a soccer mom and the twins being teens?  I watched it and realized that would be RIGHT NOW!  ;D

That's too weird.

Written By: Blondey4 on 02/18/05 at 5:38 pm

Yeah I remember. haha. If they do have a reunion, which olsen whould play Michelle? They can't both play Michelle since Mk has dark hair and Ashley has blonde hair.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 5:42 pm

Yeah I remember. haha. If they do have a reunion, which olsen whould play Michelle? They can't both play Michelle since Mk has dark hair and Ashley has blonde hair.

I'd guess both (they'd dye their hair).  Although I hope Ashley does the acting.  MK's a tad weird.  ;D

Didn't Full House sorta have a "Hugs 'n' Hairspray" vibe to it?  I don't see it as an 80s show but perhaps that's why so many do  ;D

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 5:47 pm

I always thought Ashley was prettier and more talented.. so yeah she should get to play michelle.
I agree w/ you about the hugs and hairspray vive! lol! And I also see it as a 90s show. I watched it in the 90s so I always assumed it was a "90s show".

Written By: jwsisliving1 on 02/18/05 at 7:14 pm

It would be nice, but I can't really see them doing a reunion. Very few shoes get a reunion. I just saw a Happy Days reunion a few weeks ago. You can't exactly compare Full House to Happy Days. Even though I'm a big fan of Full House, it's probably not important enough to get a reunion. That's usually reserved for shows like All In the Family, Cosby, Cheers, etc.

Written By: Blondey on 02/18/05 at 7:16 pm

Yeah your probaby right but still it would be so nice!  ;D

Written By: nally on 02/19/05 at 8:42 pm

Usually not ... in the last episode the oldest sister, D.J, told the youngest sister (Michelle) after she lost her memory (I'll elaborate later) "He's not really our uncle, we just call him that".

Written By: blondey on 02/19/05 at 9:47 pm

lol. I bought FH season 1 on dvd tonight. ;D So right now I'm watching it. Its kinda weird, I haven't seen some of these episodes in years!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/19/05 at 9:49 pm

lol. I bought FH season 1 on dvd tonight. ;D So right now I'm watching it. Its kinda weird, I haven't seen some of these episodes in years!

Awesome!  :)

Written By: Blondey on 02/19/05 at 9:53 pm

Yup. Can't wait till season 2 is released! ;) Any idea when that will be?

Written By: 90s boy on 02/20/05 at 3:34 am

i watched this show for a long time i was born during the shoe's first sesion in 1987 1988 well i was born in 1988 heh anyways i remember seeing the last episode and at the end the cast came out to the Audcine and thanks ed Evey one they reared the one recalny but they cut that out :\'(

Written By: blondey on 02/20/05 at 9:13 pm

I started watching this show back when I was in Kindergarten! And still loving it!  ;)
By the way, who is your favorite character?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 9:14 pm

I started watching this show back when I was in Kindergarten! And still loving it! ;)
By the way, who is your favorite character?

Me?  How can you NOT say the Jess-man?  ;D

Written By: Blondey on 02/20/05 at 9:18 pm

Yeah hes pretty cool! My favorite character would have to be either DJ or Stephanie. I think I'll go w/ Stephanie!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 9:20 pm

Yeah hes pretty cool! My favorite character would have to be either DJ or Stephanie. I think I'll go w/ Stephanie!

Steph's the nicest, even though she's kinda annoying and perhaps the least pretty.  But how could you not like her!

Written By: blondey on 02/20/05 at 9:26 pm

Yeah. DJ was always very pretty. I grew my hair out so I could look like her.. lol. And Michelle could be annoying but she was adorable. now Danny got on my nerves. He was too neat and too much of a party popper.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 9:36 pm

Yeah. DJ was always very pretty. I grew my hair out so I could look like her.. lol. And Michelle could be annoying but she was adorable. now Danny got on my nerves. He was too neat and too much of a party popper.

Danny was my least favorite but they were all great :)  Actually Kimmy is one of my faves, oddly enough.  She's so funny!  ;D

-FHF  ;)

Written By: blondey on 02/20/05 at 9:39 pm

Yeah shes cool too! haha. she reminds me of my old neighbor.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 9:42 pm

Yeah shes cool too! haha. she reminds me of my old neighbor.

I think Danny would of been better off with a cat than with Comet.  ;)

Written By: blondey on 02/20/05 at 9:50 pm

yeah he would have. I liked comet though. Did you know he died? I think he had cancer.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 9:52 pm

yeah he would have. I liked comet though. Did you know he died? I think he had cancer.

:( Doesn't surprise me.  He would be old now, they got him in '89.

Written By: blondey on 02/20/05 at 9:55 pm

Yeah he would be like 15 years old.  lol. And I read somewhere that he died around season 8 so they and to get another dog. I dunno if thats true or not.

Written By: 90s boy on 02/21/05 at 3:55 am

Yeah he would be like 15 years old.  lol. And I read somewhere that he died around season 8 so they and to get another dog. I dunno if thats true or not.
aww pore doggie i just saw the one were he made hie's first apprnce in 1989 i loved the dog heh same wit the dog from the Nanney

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 02/21/05 at 4:03 pm

Yeah. I always wanted a dog just like Commet!  ;D

Written By: RadioStarWMVL on 02/21/05 at 6:47 pm

They never called Joey "Uncle Joey." Joey wasn't their Uncle he was just Danny's friend from college that moved in to help with "the girls" after their mother died. But even that story is slightly squewed because there is an episode of Danny and Joey as kids in school together and then Jesse shows up being the womanizer he is as a five year old in a leather jacket and another one where the uncover some time capsule they burried so who knows. I also aways thought it was kind of interesting that the girls were all blondes while their mother must have been a dark haired greek (Jesse was her brother) and Danny also had dark hair but in the episode where they watch a home video of when Michelle comes home from the hospital, Pam is duh dun dun nuuuuh... BLONDE. So there you go.

Yes...I'm a pathetic Full House fan and I have probably seen ever episode a million times.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 02/21/05 at 7:45 pm

I can now pick up Full House! I now get abcfamily and nick at nite!  ;D

Written By: 90s boy on 02/23/05 at 6:51 am

They never called Joey "Uncle Joey." Joey wasn't their Uncle he was just Danny's friend from college that moved in to help with "the girls" after their mother died. But even that story is slightly squewed because there is an episode of Danny and Joey as kids in school together and then Jesse shows up being the womanizer he is as a five year old in a leather jacket and another one where the uncover some time capsule they burried so who knows. I also aways thought it was kind of interesting that the girls were all blondes while their mother must have been a dark haired greek (Jesse was her brother) and Danny also had dark hair but in the episode where they watch a home video of when Michelle comes home from the hospital, Pam is duh dun dun nuuuuh... BLONDE. So there you go.

Yes...I'm a pathetic Full House fan and I have probably seen ever episode a million times.

the mom was only showed in one efsoed and it was the whole Famley waching it on a video tape

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/23/05 at 12:00 pm

I can now pick up Full House! I now get abcfamily and nick at nite!  ;D

Awesome Blondey!

-FHF :)

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 02/23/05 at 4:01 pm

Yeah, I'm so happy! ;D

Written By: nally on 02/25/05 at 1:20 pm

the mom was only showed in one efsoed and it was the whole Famley waching it on a video tape

Oh yeah, I remember; it was the episode where Stephanie thinks she lost her "Mr. Bear" stuffed toy. They watched the tape at the end of the episode. :)

Written By: jiminy on 03/01/05 at 1:28 pm

A full house beats a two pair  ::)

Written By: McDonald on 03/01/05 at 4:48 pm

They never called Joey "Uncle Joey." Joey wasn't their Uncle he was just Danny's friend from college that moved in to help with "the girls" after their mother died.

THANK YOU! I have to point this out to people all the time, and they insist that he was called "Uncle Joey." I'm like, no you f**king noob, Jesse was their uncle NOT JOEY.

Ok, I'm getting a little worked up but this is something that bugs the hell out of me, for whatever stupid reason.

Written By: nally on 03/03/05 at 12:04 pm

I can now pick up Full House! I now get abcfamily and nick at nite!

Right about now, they're playing the same episodes.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/03/05 at 5:54 pm

Thats weird. They usually play the same episodes.

Written By: nally on 03/04/05 at 10:46 am

Thats weird. They usually play the same episodes.

I know; it would be nice if, say one channel was showing season 5 right now and the other channel was showing season 1 or 2 right now. Then they'd be a bit more "spread out", so to speak.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/04/05 at 4:42 pm

I agree.

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/09/05 at 10:01 am

Yeah, on ABC a couple months ago, they showed the Series Finale (with Michelle and the horse--not saying anymore just in case somebody hasn't seen it!!), then they flipped it back to the beginning of Season 1.

It was really interesting to see (and record) the early shows, since I really wasn't familiar with approx the first half of the show at all. Surprisingly, to me, it was pretty much just as "strong" as later on (unlike many shows, say The Simpsons & Seinfeld, where the early shows s*cked a bit because the chracters and storylines weren't yet "established").

Although, it was strange to not have Michelle having any lines, LOL. (It felt a teeny bit emptier there.) :\'(

That, and DJ was about the age I was used to seeing Stephanie - and of course, Steph was more like the "Michelle" I was used to. ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/09/05 at 5:21 pm

Yeah, on ABC a couple months ago, they showed the Series Finale (with Michelle and the horse--not saying anymore just in case somebody hasn't seen it!!), then they flipped it back to the beginning of Season 1.

It was really interesting to see (and record) the early shows, since I really wasn't familiar with approx the first half of the show at all. Surprisingly, to me, it was pretty much just as "strong" as later on (unlike many shows, say The Simpsons & Seinfeld, where the early shows s*cked a bit because the chracters and storylines weren't yet "established").

Although, it was strange to not have Michelle having any lines, LOL. (It felt a teeny bit emptier there.) :\'(

That, and DJ was about the age I was used to seeing Stephanie - and of course, Steph was more like the "Michelle" I was used to. ;)

I think the early years of FH (1987-1990) seem a bit less "Full" then the late years (1991-1995) because Michelle and Stephanie are younger and Becky, Kimmy, and the twins aren't around as much/at all.  Ever notice on the late episodes ABC family fixes the picture quality and Nick at Nite doesn't? 

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/09/05 at 6:34 pm

I think the early years of FH (1987-1990) seem a bit less "Full" then the late years (1991-1995) because Michelle and Stephanie are younger and Becky, Kimmy, and the twins aren't around as much/at all.  Ever notice on the late episodes ABC family fixes the picture quality and Nick at Nite doesn't? 

I don't think the twins were around until 1992.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/09/05 at 6:35 pm

I don't think the twins were around until 1992.

You are correct :) 1991 was the midrun of the season, and had old and new FH feel to it.  So did late 89 and 1990, although more geared toward Old.

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/09/05 at 11:12 pm

^ Yep. Since the twins were no more than 3 in the Series Finale in mid-1995. In fact, they were just starting to get to be the age where they really were talking.

I, too, like the second half of the show over the first (I've noticed, more often than not, ABC plays the 1992/93 episodes more than any other). Steve was also new in this time frame.

On an off-note, I know someone earlier in this thread mentioned the episode where Jesse & Becky imagine the twins as teens (Becky raises Alex--a momma's boy, and Jess raises Nicky--a biker), that's funny 'cause that actually would be about now. ;D If it aired in about 1993 (and the twins were 1), they imagined it when they were 13 or 14, that would make it 2005/06.

I like to think of that version of history the same way I think of the 2015 in Back to the Future Part II, as just an imagined reality that never really happened in that universe (well, in BTTF's universe, it did happen that way until Marty went to 1885 and later avoided the accident, but you get the idea!).

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/09/05 at 11:22 pm

^ Yep. Since the twins were no more than 3 in the Series Finale in mid-1995. In fact, they were just starting to get to be the age where they really were talking.

I, too, like the second half of the show over the first (I've noticed, more often than not, ABC plays the 1992/93 episodes more than any other). Steve was also new in this time frame.

On an off-note, I know someone earlier in this thread mentioned the episode where Jesse & Becky imagine the twins as teens (Becky raises Alex--a momma's boy, and Jess raises Nicky--a biker), that's funny 'cause that actually would be about now. ;D If it aired in about 1993 (and the twins were 1), they imagined it when they were 13 or 14, that would make it 2005/06.

I like to think of that version of history the same way I think of the 2015 in Back to the Future Part II, as just an imagined reality that never really happened in that universe (well, in BTTF's universe, it did happen that way until Marty went to 1885 and later avoided the accident, but you get the idea!).

That was me who said that  ;D  Actually, the twins (as toddler's) actors were born a bit less than a year after I was, so I could of played one of them in theory  ;D  I bet they're hip-hopping, hollerin' 14 year olds no  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/09/05 at 11:36 pm

I bet they're hip-hopping, hollerin' 14 year olds no  ;D

LOL. In that case, I'd take their "predicted" 2005 over the real one. :D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/09/05 at 11:47 pm

LOL. In that case, I'd take their "predicted" 2005 over the real one. :D

Me too.  Do you think people thought of the Zero Decade as the future in the 90s?  Back in the mid-late 1990s I thought of 2002 and 2004 as the near future.

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/10/05 at 12:02 am

Me too.  Do you think people thought of the Zero Decade as the future in the 90s?  Back in the mid-late 1990s I thought of 2002 and 2004 as the near future.

I did even myself. ;D

I recall around 1997 reading an article saying something to the effect of, "The Internet is expected to be the core of how businessis done by 2003," and I thought, Hey, I wonder what it's gonna be like then.

Of course, if you took someone from 1997 in a time machine ahead 6 years and let them look at the world, they may not even notice much of a difference 'cause it's more or less the same thing aside from the Internet (MP3 players maybe would be the only noticeable difference).

Written By: ... on 03/10/05 at 3:39 pm

You are correct :) 1991 was the midrun of the season, and had old and new FH feel to it.  So did late 89 and 1990, although more geared toward Old.

Actually, the twins were born in late 1991...but close enough.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 3:45 pm

I did even myself. ;D

I recall around 1997 reading an article saying something to the effect of, "The Internet is expected to be the core of how businessis done by 2003," and I thought, Hey, I wonder what it's gonna be like then.

Of course, if you took someone from 1997 in a time machine ahead 6 years and let them look at the world, they may not even notice much of a difference 'cause it's more or less the same thing aside from the Internet (MP3 players maybe would be the only noticeable difference).

Um, maybe 1999 but not 1997.  It could of been my age but the radios were booming out a lot different stuff in 97 than they were in 99.  1997 was when the Gen Y period started though, in my mind.  Plus technology was quite a bit different then.  Buy yes, 1997 is when things became kinda like they are now.

-DR :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/10/05 at 4:34 pm

^ True, I think '99 had alot of music '97 didn't -- Latin Pop, the teen pop "explosion" (it was around in '97 a little with Spice Girls and the beginning of BS Boys, but wasn't that big yet). Pokemon was also that year, which kinda ushered in the modern Japanise Anime or the style of something you'd see on Nickelodeon.

I guess in better terms, if you took my 1999 self to 2005, I think it would take him awhile to realize things were a little different. ;) Unlike, say taking someone from 1962 ahead to 1968.

Another rational example of the "up to 1996" 90's being closer to the 80's was Full House itself. It lasted over half of the 90's, but was more of an "80's" show in feel. I heard that one of the reasons ABC decided to cancel it was because, even by 1995, it was starting to be seen as 'passe' or 'tame' compared to the more urban, cutting-edge shows on TV that would predominate late 90's culture.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 4:52 pm

^ True, I think '99 had alot of music '97 didn't -- Latin Pop, the teen pop "explosion" (it was around in '97 a little with Spice Girls and the beginning of BS Boys, but wasn't that big yet). Pokemon was also that year, which kinda ushered in the modern Japanise Anime or the style of something you'd see on Nickelodeon.

I guess in better terms, if you took my 1999 self to 2005, I think it would take him awhile to realize things were a little different. ;) Unlike, say taking someone from 1962 ahead to 1968.

Another rational example of the "up to 1996" 90's being closer to the 80's was Full House itself. It lasted over half of the 90's, but was more of an "80's" show in feel. I heard that one of the reasons ABC decided to cancel it was because, even by 1995, it was starting to be seen as 'passe' or 'tame' compared to the more urban, cutting-edge shows on TV that would predominate late 90's culture.

Yeah, 1995 and 96 could really go either way, maybe, although probably not, 1994 too, but I'd group them in with the early 90s more readily than the late 90s just because they still had an old school vibe to them the late 90s lacked.  I was very, very young in 1990-94, but to me they still "felt" a bit 1980s.  Maybe not so much 1980s, though, as simply Old School, you know what I mean? 

Actually FH would of lasted until 1996 if John Stamos would do another season, but during the last few months it was moved to WB.  "Family Matters" lasted until 1997 or 98, so really even up to 1998 there was still a smidget of old schoolness.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/10/05 at 5:20 pm

Full House will be featured on E! this Sunday!!!  ;D

Anyone know what its going to be about?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 6:29 pm

Full House will be featured on E! this Sunday!!!  ;D

Anyone know what its going to be about?

No. Do you?

Lemme guess ... the 10th anniversary of its cancellation?  :\'(

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/10/05 at 8:27 pm

Look at this site. I looked up on E!online. http://www.eonline.com/On/Holly/index.html

I perfer a ABC reunion!!!! I don't even know if i can pick up E!...

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 8:55 pm

Full House will be featured on E! this Sunday!!! ;D

Cool!! What time is it gonna be on? ;) I wanna know so I can tape it.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/10/05 at 8:58 pm

8 Eastern time. I'm not sure about the other time zones.

Written By: nally on 03/13/05 at 11:14 am

8 Eastern time. I'm not sure about the other time zones.

I just checked my TV listings, and it's gonna be on at that time on the West Coast as well. :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 4:46 pm

I just checked my TV listings, and it's gonna be on at that time on the West Coast as well. :)

missed it  :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/14/05 at 10:08 am

missed it :\'(

It was on last night (Sunday). Did anybody watch it (the True Hollywood Story)? I did. As much fun as it was to watch it, there were some errors.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/16/05 at 3:41 pm

I didn't get to see it either. Anyone know what happened????

Written By: nally on 03/16/05 at 11:14 pm

I didn't get to see it either. Anyone know what happened????

Yes. They talked about how the show got started in '87, and interviews with the producer (Jeff Franklin) and actors. Did you know that an actor named John Posey (?) was the crew's first choice for the role of Danny? They eventually replaced him with Bob Saget.

It was also interesting to see how the cast members have changed in the last ten years, both in life and in appearance. Candace Cameron and Jodi Sweetin look great 8) , and the rest of them aren't too shabby. :)

By the way, I had watched it live, and didn't tape it. I wonder if it's gonna be on again. ??? Overall I thought the THS was quite interesting. :)

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/19/05 at 12:34 pm

I think its coming on again tomorrow at 8. If so, I'm gonna watch it!  ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/19/05 at 5:05 pm

I think its coming on again tomorrow at 8. If so, I'm gonna watch it!  ;)

Sweet! Thanks :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/19/05 at 5:32 pm

^ Cool!! :D I missed it last time - shame on me if I end up doing it again!

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/25/05 at 7:45 pm

I saw it! It wasn't what I espected but it was worth watching. I taped it. lol.

Written By: UncleJesse'sHair on 03/26/05 at 6:05 pm

www.wwujd.com

Written By: nally on 04/11/05 at 5:33 pm

I believe Nick At Nite will air the first two episodes of the series tonight, since they showed the series finale last night. ABC Family is close to season 2 now.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/13/05 at 4:04 pm

I've missed Full House the past few nights.  :\'( I'll try and watch it tonight! Did you know that Bob sagot was on Conon O'brien the other friday? Yup! I stayed up just to see it! Then this past Thrusday John Stamos was on Conon and I stayed up to see that too!

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/14/05 at 6:26 am

I've missed Full House the past few nights.  :\'( I'll try and watch it tonight! Did you know that Bob sagot was on Conon O'brien the other friday? Yup! I stayed up just to see it! Then this past Thrusday John Stamos was on Conon and I stayed up to see that too!

Bummer - second FH thing I've missed in a row now.

What was Bob's appearence like, from what you recall (i.e. what he talked about)? I wonder what he looks like how, must be close to 50! My mental image of him - both from FH and America's Funniest Home Videos -- is still frozen at his early 30's. ;)

Written By: nally on 04/14/05 at 12:28 pm

Bummer - second FH thing I've missed in a row now.

What was Bob's appearence like, from what you recall (i.e. what he talked about)? I wonder what he looks like how, must be close to 50! My mental image of him - both from FH and America's Funniest Home Videos -- is still frozen at his early 30's. ;)

He'll be 50 in May of next year. ;)

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/14/05 at 3:32 pm

Wow! Hes almost 50!!!  Well he definatly looks older! He also wears glasses. He talked about FH some, and he also talked about the broadway play(I'm not sure if its a play or not.. anyways its on broadway.) that he will be starring in. He also talked about how he runs into his former cast members a lot.. and Thats about it.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/15/05 at 9:01 pm

Wow! Hes almost 50!!!  Well he definatly looks older! He also wears glasses. He talked about FH some, and he also talked about the broadway play(I'm not sure if its a play or not.. anyways its on broadway.) that he will be starring in. He also talked about how he runs into his former cast members a lot.. and Thats about it.

Wow!  1990 was a long time ago ....  ;D

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/18/05 at 6:21 pm

Yeah it was a long time ago. Check out candacecamerons website. Its www.candacecameronbure.net. Theres a pic of Candace and her husband Val w/ Bob Sagot!

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/18/05 at 8:13 pm

Yeah it was a long time ago. Check out candacecamerons website. Its www.candacecameronbure.net. Theres a pic of Candace and her husband Val w/ Bob Sagot!

That's a cool site - I'll have to explore around further when I've got more time. :)

Candace still pretty much looks the same, besides a little older (then again, DJ was about 17 or 18 when the show ended, so she was more or less full-grown by that time. That's way different than comparing 9-year-old Michelle to 18/19-year-old Olsen Twins!).

Written By: nally on 04/19/05 at 2:31 pm

Yeah it was a long time ago. Check out candacecamerons website. Its www.candacecameronbure.net. Theres a pic of Candace and her husband Val w/ Bob Saget!

I just checked out that site. That pic you were referring to is awesome! :D She looks great too. ;)

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/19/05 at 5:24 pm

Your welcome! ;) That site is really neat. I found it the other day when i did a search on all the full house castmembers. Whats really neat about it is that the person who made the site actually keeps in contact w/ Candace.

By the way, Jodie Sweetin has a website too but its unoffical. You can go to www.jodiesweetin.net and check it out.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/19/05 at 5:59 pm

Thanks for the link Blondey :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/19/05 at 6:50 pm

By the way, Jodie Sweetin has a website too but its unoffical. You can go to www.jodiesweetin.net and check it out.

Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark 'em both. :) Jodie looks great - really not unlike how I'd picture Stephanie in 2005 of the FH universe.

On that note, I was just wondering, do we know for sure, the exact ages of the characters? I'm pretty sure the girls would be fairly close to the actresses real ages (Michelle in particular 'cause she really was a baby on that! I think it's safe to say Michelle could've been born in June '86).

Remember the episode with Tommy Page coming to the house for Steph's 10th birthday party? I guess we can say, whatever day that aired on would be her 10th (probably in 1980-81 - even though Jodie was born in '82 I believe).

I know DJ was going to prom on the series finale, so I think she was 18 then.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/19/05 at 6:57 pm

Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark 'em both. :) Jodie looks great - really not unlike how I'd picture Stephanie in 2005 of the FH universe.

On that note, I was just wondering, do we know for sure, the exact ages of the characters? I'm pretty sure the girls would be fairly close to the actresses real ages (Michelle in particular 'cause she really was a baby on that! I think it's safe to say Michelle could've been born in June '86).

Remember the episode with Tommy Page coming to the house for Steph's 10th birthday party? I guess we can say, whatever day that aired on would be her 10th (probably in 1980-81 - even though Jodie was born in '82 I believe).

I know DJ was going to prom on the series finale, so I think she was 18 then.

Michelle was born in November 1986, according to Full House Forever (www.full-house.org).  Steph I think was born in early 82 although I'm not sure.  DJ was born in 1976.

:)

-Devo

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/19/05 at 7:03 pm

^ Cool, thanks for the info (I'm picky when it comes to details!). That's another site I'll have to check out in-depth when I can.

Interesting about Steph's birthdate ('82 would make more sense since it would line up with Jodie's), but that would mean the Tommy Page episode takes place in early '92 - after that kind of music was past its peak - Grunge hit by then. ;

If DJ was born in '76, that would mean she'd either be 19 or at the end of 18 during the finale, and that's a little old to be in high school (then again, maybe she was 7 before she went to first grade. That's what happened with me, so when I graduated in June 2000, I was 18 and a half).

Written By: DevoRule on 04/19/05 at 7:09 pm

^ Cool, thanks for the info (I'm picky when it comes to details!). That's another site I'll have to check out in-depth when I can.

Interesting about Steph's birthdate ('82 would make more sense since it would line up with Jodie's), but that would mean the Tommy Page episode takes place in early '92 - after that kind of music was past its peak - Grunge hit by then. ;

If DJ was born in '76, that would mean she'd either be 19 or at the end of 18 during the finale, and that's a little old to be in high school (then again, maybe she was 7 before she went to first grade. That's what happened with me, so when I graduated in June 2000, I was 18 and a half).

Anytime :)  Yeah Tommy Page was sorta 1990ish, not full blown, Cyndi Lauper 80s pop but too poppy for Alanis Morrisette-type stuff.  He sorta fell into the New Kids on the Block type stuff which was big from about late 1988 to early 1991.  Come to think of it, a couple New Kids references on made on Full House in 1990 and maybe 1989 episodes.  Stephanie would be the typical age and sex of a fan of the 1990 boy bands. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/19/05 at 7:13 pm

Yeah, I think the first wave of 'boy band/teen pop' was from about 1987-91. I guess, if you were a few years older in 1992, it might've mattered more, but (most) 10-year-olds probably wouldn't care as much about immediate trends, so I guess you could stretch it and say Tommy Page could've kept his younger fans as late as 1992/93. ;)

I wonder if Steph became a fan of the Backstreet Boys, etc. in the late 90's of the FH universe? She'd be 16 in 1998 and 18 in 2000 - that's pushing it a little bit, but it's possible.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/19/05 at 7:15 pm

Yeah, I think the first wave of 'boy band/teen pop' was from about 1987-91. I guess, if you were a few years older in 1992, it might've mattered more, but (most) 10-year-olds probably wouldn't care as much about immediate trends, so I guess you could stretch it and say Tommy Page could've kept his younger fans as late as 1992/93. ;)

I wonder if Steph became a fan of the Backstreet Boys, etc. in the late 90's of the FH universe? She'd be 16 in 1998 and 18 in 2000 - that's pushing it a little bit, but it's possible.

Probably not, Backstreets main fan base seemed to be about 1985-1990 born girls.  Wow, I'm barely old enough to have gotten into them (I hadn't known about them until 1999 or 2000, more likely 1999).  I guess it's possible.  Weren't her and DJ into Counting Crows at one point? They wanted to go to one of their concerts and Michelle didn't know anything about the band (this was a 92 or 93 episode I think).

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/19/05 at 7:19 pm

Probably not, Backstreets main fan base seemed to be about 1985-1990 born girls. Wow, I'm barely old enough to have gotten into them (I hadn't known about them until 1999 or 2000, more likely 1999). I guess it's possible. Weren't her and DJ into Counting Crows at one point? They wanted to go to one of their concerts and Michelle didn't know anything about the band (this was a 92 or 93 episode I think).

Hmm, haven't seen that one.

I think DJ liked alot of Steph's music, but was the more rock oriented one. I know she liked some of the softer hair metal bands (there's a Nelson poster in their room at one point!). Also, remember the ep. where Danny is dating the younger girl and they go to a Slaughter concert (must've been 1990/91)? She & DJ are later seen rocking out to a song in DJ's room.

EDIT - I actually knew some girls more my age who were into the boy band stuff (some born as early as 1978/79!), but I think their main audience were, say 11-year-old girls in 1999, who would be 17 now and most likely wouldn't be caught dead listening to them, LOL!

Written By: DevoRule on 04/19/05 at 7:22 pm

Hmm, haven't seen that one.

I think DJ liked alot of Steph's music, but was the more rock oriented one. I know she liked some of the softer hair metal bands (there's a Nelson poster in their room at one point!). Also, remember the ep. where Danny is dating the younger girl and they go to a Slaughter concert (must've been 1990/91)? She & DJ are later seen rocking out to a song in DJ's room.

I do remember that episode :) It was 1991 I believe. Hair metal definitely was still a driving force before "Teen Spirit" hit the waves.  Funny how January 1991 looked as much or more like 1988 as it did like December 1991.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/19/05 at 7:28 pm

I do remember that episode :) It was 1991 I believe. Hair metal definitely was still a driving force before "Teen Spirit" hit the waves. Funny how January 1991 looked as much or more like 1988 as it did like December 1991.

True - even mid 1991 was more late 80's like than it would be even 6 months later.

I would still say, it might've taken some of the younger kids in the early 90's a couple years to catch up with it, so I guess that's how they got away with 80's references like Tommy Page, as late as 1992 (either that, or maybe grunge didn't hit until 1993 in their universe - although that's pretty unlikely, LOL).

Written By: DevoRule on 04/19/05 at 9:34 pm

True - even mid 1991 was more late 80's like than it would be even 6 months later.

I would still say, it might've taken some of the younger kids in the early 90's a couple years to catch up with it, so I guess that's how they got away with 80's references like Tommy Page, as late as 1992 (either that, or maybe grunge didn't hit until 1993 in their universe - although that's pretty unlikely, LOL).

Yeah that's unlikely  ;D Actually I think Seattle has been mentioned in FH before and Seattle is quite a 90s city with Grunge and Coffee and all. 

Ever notice though how the first season is full blown 80s and then the second season isn't so much?  It's definitely on the 80s side (really all the seasons prior to Jesse's marraige are) but only the first season seems like deep 80s.

Written By: Climber on 04/19/05 at 11:25 pm

Michelle was born in November 1986, according to Full House Forever (www.full-house.org).  Steph I think was born in early 82 although I'm not sure.  DJ was born in 1976.

:)

-Devo

If I remember correctly, DJ was 10 and Steph was 5 when the show started in 1987.  Steph started Kindergarten in about the 3rd episode.

Written By: nally on 04/20/05 at 11:39 am

Weren't her and DJ into Counting Crows at one point? They wanted to go to one of their concerts and Michelle didn't know anything about the band (this was a 92 or 93 episode I think).

That was an episode from the final season, 1994-95. Which woulda made sense, since the Counting Crows were popular around that time (their singles "Mr. Jones" and "Round Here" were hits in '94).

Written By: ... on 04/20/05 at 2:03 pm

I think the character of DJ was actually born in the early part of '77. The actress was born in '76, but I think the character was born in early '77 because she turned 13 in early 1990.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/20/05 at 4:09 pm

Yeah your right. Today Candace is 29 but the character DJ would be 28. Jodie is 23 and Steph would be 23. Michelle would be 18 and MK and Ashley are 18 going on 19. Wow. hard to believe the girls are all grown up now!!

Speaking of backstreet boys. I was born in 1987..so i was a big fan of backstreet boys and n'ysnc and all those boy pop bands. If FH was still on the air in 99, Michelle would have probably been a fan of the backstreet boys or N'ysnc. Same for Stephanie. I think Backstreet boys came out in 95.. so Steph would have been at the right age.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/20/05 at 4:43 pm

Yeah your right. Today Candace is 29 but the character DJ would be 28. Jodie is 23 and Steph would be 23. Michelle would be 18 and MK and Ashley are 18 going on 19. Wow. hard to believe the girls are all grown up now!!

Speaking of backstreet boys. I was born in 1987..so i was a big fan of backstreet boys and n'ysnc and all those boy pop bands. If FH was still on the air in 99, Michelle would have probably been a fan of the backstreet boys or N'ysnc. Same for Stephanie. I think Backstreet boys came out in 95.. so Steph would have been at the right age.

Backstreet debuted 96 in Europe, 97 in the US :) 

Yeah Michelle would of been, Steph, I doubt it but possibly

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/20/05 at 4:48 pm

I wasn't sure when the Bboys came out. I bought their first cd in 97 or 98.

If FH was still on air in the late 90s-early 00's, what kind of music do you think Michelle would have liked?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/20/05 at 5:01 pm

I wasn't sure when the Bboys came out. I bought their first cd in 97 or 98.

If FH was still on air in the late 90s-early 00's, what kind of music do you think Michelle would have liked?

Probably Britney Spears-type stuff, or if after 2003, mainstream rap  :o

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/20/05 at 5:12 pm

Probably Britney Spears-type stuff, or if after 2003, mainstream rap  :o

Yeah thats probably what she would have listened too. It would have been funny if she were into hard metal or gothic. lol.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/20/05 at 6:03 pm

Yeah thats probably what she would have listened too. It would have been funny if she were into hard metal or gothic. lol.

ROFL! ;)  I can't see Michelle into that - in fact she strikes me the most as a potential boy band/Britney listener of the three (even Steph was into a little rock sometimes -- although like I said, DJ was definitely the rocker among the three). She probably was into BSB and NSync in 1998-2000 of the FH universe.

I know whenever they were on the air, they always listened to/mentioned bands within the last couple years, so as not to "date" the show, but I think it's safe to say, off screen they might've liked some stuff that was a little less mainstream/older etc.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 04/21/05 at 5:09 pm

yeah,Michelle does seem like the type that would listen to that kind of music. lol.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/27/05 at 9:22 am

BUMP

Can't let this thread die! ;)

Anyway, being the nitpicker/perfectionist that I am, wanted to do the closest possible list of all the characters' birthdays, based on what we know of the show, and the information earlier in this thread.

I'm a pretty good fan, but I haven't seen all the episodes, so here's my list:

-Danny: 1958 (he turns 30 in the ep. where Bullet gets into an accident - Season 2 in '88 I think. Also he mentions being 33 when he's dating a 21 year old whom DJ becomes semi friends with - that was in 1990 or 91 when they see a Slaughter concert)

-Joey: Around the same time, since they went to school togehter (say 58-60)

-Jesse: 1963 (he was 24 when it started in 1987)

-Becky: Circa 1965 (just a random guess, I think she is a little younger than Jesse)

-Steve: 1976 (he gets his own place and starts college a year before DJ)

-DJ: Early 1977 (it's mentioned she was 13 in 1990 I think. She was 18 in mid 1995 when it ended too)

-Kimmie (same as DJ, give or take a few months, since they're in the same grade, etc)

-Steph: 1981 (going against the grain on this one - the Tommy Page ep. with her 10th birthday had to be no later than 1991. Besides, wasn't she about to start high school in the last season? Seemed more 14 than 13 in 1995 to me)

-Michelle: November 1986 (she was 9 months old when the show started I think)

-Nicky & Alex: Late 1991 (they were 3 or 4 when the show ended)

Does this sound right?

Written By: nally on 09/27/05 at 4:41 pm

BUMP

Can't let this thread die! ;)

Anyway, being the nitpicker/perfectionist that I am, wanted to do the closest possible list of all the characters' birthdays, based on what we know of the show, and the information earlier in this thread.

I'm a pretty good fan, but I haven't seen all the episodes, so here's my list:

-Danny: 1958 (he turns 30 in the ep. where Bullet gets into an accident - Season 2 in '88 I think. Also he mentions being 33 when he's dating a 21 year old whom DJ becomes semi friends with - that was in 1990 or 91 when they see a Slaughter concert)

-Joey: Around the same time, since they went to school together (say 58-60)

-Jesse: 1963 (he was 24 when it started in 1987)

-Becky: Circa 1965 (just a random guess, I think she is a little younger than Jesse)

-Steve: 1976 (he gets his own place and starts college a year before DJ)

-DJ: Early 1977 (it's mentioned she was 13 in 1990 I think. She was 18 in mid 1995 when it ended too)

-Kimmie (same as DJ, give or take a few months, since they're in the same grade, etc)

-Steph: 1981 (going against the grain on this one - the Tommy Page ep. with her 10th birthday had to be no later than 1991. Besides, wasn't she about to start high school in the last season? Seemed more 14 than 13 in 1995 to me)

-Michelle: November 1986 (she was 9 months old when the show started I think)

-Nicky & Alex: Late 1991 (they were 3 or 4 when the show ended)

Does this sound right?

Sure. Except... I think Steve was two years ahead of DJ. He got his own place at the beginning of season 7; DJ was beginning her 11th grade year at the time. In episode #146, she fell asleep in his apartment and violated curfew. (Also, in episode #142, which was near the end of the sixth season, Steve and DJ went to the prom; he was a senior, while she was a sophomore.)

And about Stephanie...I think her character was probably born in late '81/early '82; she turned 10 in episode #110 (5th season) and I believe it originally aired in January 1992; that's when Tommy Page guest-starred as himself and sang at Steph's party.

And you're probably right about the ages of Joey and Danny; they were born circa late 1957/early 1958. The episode where his car, Bullet, got into an accident was #11; it was the first season. In episode #37 (2nd season), Danny makes reference to February 1968, when he and Joey met. They were in the fifth grade at the time (and fifth-graders are traditionally 10 years old, so they couldn't have been born later than '58).

You're absolutely right about DJ; she turned 13 in episode #61, which originally aired in February 1990. :)

Written By: tv on 09/28/05 at 1:13 am

"Family Matters" lasted until 1997 or 98, so really even up to 1998 there was still a smidget of old schoolness.

I think Family Matters was moved to channel 2 either in 97 or 98.

Written By: tv on 09/28/05 at 1:28 am

I was just thinking about this and I was a pro baskeball fan in the 90's. Its kind of funny in terms of pop culture because I remember when Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls the first time after the Bulls won the NBA finals in June of 1998. Then 6 months later Britney Spears came out and then was the end of the real 90's(92-98.) I mean 1999-2001 had some 90's left in it the same way 1988-1991 had some 80's left in it. I graduated High School in June of 1998 and everything is totally different from what it was in 1998. Reality Shows weren't as big at the time even they weren;t even around. Rap music was big but R&B music didn;t have the hip-hop edge it has now. To me 02-03 was the start of the real 00's. Thats when rapper 50 Cent came out in 03 I think. I;m not sure if rapper Kanye West came out in 03 or 04. Depends on what year "Slow Jamz" became a hit.

Written By: tv on 09/28/05 at 1:46 am

ROFL! ;) although like I said, DJ was definitely the rocker among the three). She probably was into BSB and NSync in 1998-2000 of the FH universe.

I know whenever they were on the air, they always listened to/mentioned bands within the last couple years, so as not to "date" the show, but I think it's safe to say, off screen they might've liked some stuff that was a little less mainstream/older etc.
I have been re-runs of Full House lately and DJ in one of the earlier shows I think she was like to Michelle or Stephanie "you hid my Milli Vanilli Tape" and then one of the later shows DJ got concert tickets to see the Counting Crows. I know one of the posters already mentioned them liking the Counting Crows. I think DJ also had Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul posters hanging on the wall over over her bed. She had those when she was sharing a room with Stephanie. She later moved into her own room. I can see Candice Cameron probably listen to some counting Crows but maybe also a little Bobby Brown. Also, Stepanie had a band in one episode and her band was practicing "The Sign" by Ace of Base.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/28/05 at 9:37 am

Sure. Except... I think Steve was two years ahead of DJ. He got his own place at the beginning of season 7; DJ was beginning her 11th grade year at the time. In episode #146, she fell asleep in his apartment and violated curfew. (Also, in episode #142, which was near the end of the sixth season, Steve and DJ went to the prom; he was a senior, while she was a sophomore.)

And about Stephanie...I think her character was probably born in late '81/early '82; she turned 10 in episode #110 (5th season) and I believe it originally aired in January 1992; that's when Tommy Page guest-starred as himself and sang at Steph's party.

And you're probably right about the ages of Joey and Danny; they were born circa late 1957/early 1958. The episode where his car, Bullet, got into an accident was #11; it was the first season. In episode #37 (2nd season), Danny makes reference to February 1968, when he and Joey met. They were in the fifth grade at the time (and fifth-graders are traditionally 10 years old, so they couldn't have been born later than '58).

You're absolutely right about DJ; she turned 13 in episode #61, which originally aired in February 1990. :)

That's alot more than I even knew. Thanks Jeff - not only for the info, but for not thinking I'm a geek for knowing/discussing all that. ;D

Steve must've been born in '75 -- wow, he was 20 when the show ended! Even though he's a bit older than DJ, for some reason I always saw him as younger because he just seemed less mature overall. Although I think he was a good guy overall.

Written By: whistledog on 09/28/05 at 11:16 am

I miss Full House.  It was such a fun family show  :\'(

Have u seen what Jodi Sweetin (she played Stephanie) looks like today?  She's very easy on the eyes  :o

Written By: tv on 09/28/05 at 12:31 pm

I miss Full House.  It was such a fun family show  :\'(

Have u seen what Jodi Sweetin (she played Stephanie) looks like today?  She's very easy on the eyes  :o
I think she looks very different than she did back in the day. I do think she is nice looking the way she looks now. She was kinda cute when she was on "Full House". Candice Cameron still looks the same. I think John Stamos has aged well.

Written By: nally on 09/28/05 at 2:43 pm

That's alot more than I even knew. Thanks Jeff - not only for the info, but for not thinking I'm a geek for knowing/discussing all that. ;D

Steve must've been born in '75 -- wow, he was 20 when the show ended! Even though he's a bit older than DJ, for some reason I always saw him as younger because he just seemed less mature overall. Although I think he was a good guy overall.

The actor who played Steve (Scott Weinger) was born in 1975; he'll turn 30 next Wednesday! (He was born the exact same day as Kate Winslet.) The character was probly born around that time too. :)

Written By: nally on 09/28/05 at 2:48 pm

I have been seeing re-runs of Full House lately and DJ in one of the earlier shows I think she was like to Michelle or Stephanie "you hid my Milli Vanilli Tape" and then one of the later shows DJ got concert tickets to see the Counting Crows. I know one of the posters already mentioned them liking the Counting Crows. I think DJ also had Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul posters hanging on the wall over over her bed. She had those when she was sharing a room with Stephanie. She later moved into her own room. I can see Candice Cameron probably listen to some counting Crows but maybe also a little Bobby Brown. Also, Stepanie had a band in one episode and her band was practicing "The Sign" by Ace of Base.

Yes, I remember when Steph was in a band. It was in the last season; episode #186. She formed a band with Gia and Kimmy (!), with Gia's friend Melissa Morgan on drums. In the Smash Club scene, when they performed that song, they screwed up because they had spent the last couple hours concentrating on choreography instead of the song itself.

Written By: nally on 09/29/05 at 11:10 pm

I think she (Jodie Sweetin) looks very different than she did back in the day. I do think she is nice looking the way she looks now. She was kinda cute when she was on "Full House".

You got that right; in fact, she changed a lot during the show; she was 5 when it started and 13 when it ended. And I'm sure that many enthusiasts of the show know that her hairstyle changed from curly to straight at the beginning of the 4th season (1990). I did happen to see a few recent images of her (as well as the other cast members) on the "E! True Hollywood Story" a few months back.

Written By: whistledog on 09/29/05 at 11:17 pm

Jodie appeared on an episode of "Yes, Dear" along with Daniel Fishel (Topenga of Boy Meets World) and they both looked very nice.  They played frat house gals  8)

Written By: nally on 09/29/05 at 11:20 pm

Jodie appeared on an episode of "Yes, Dear" along with Danielle Fishel (Topenga of Boy Meets World) and they both looked very nice.  They played frat house gals  8)

No way!! :D A couple times during the 6th season, Danielle Fishel guest-starred as Stephanie's friend Jennifer P.; the first time was in episode #130, when Steph wanted to have her ears pierced; the second time was in episode #137, when a classmate confessed to Steph that his father abused him badly.

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/05 at 12:19 am

No way!! :D A couple times during the 6th season, Danielle Fishel guest-starred as Stephanie's friend Jennifer P.; the first time was in episode #130, when Steph wanted to have her ears pierced; the second time was in episode #137, when a classmate confessed to Steph that his father abused him badly.

I remember both those episodes.  That kid that was getting beat by his dad .. i remember he was in those Mighty Ducks movies  8)

Written By: iluvthe80s on 09/30/05 at 7:33 am

Marla Sokoloff, who went on the play the secretary on The Practice, appeared as Stephanie's friend Gia during the last couple seasons of Full House - didn't care much for that character though.

Written By: nally on 09/30/05 at 8:45 am

Marla Sokoloff, who went on the play the secretary on The Practice, appeared as Stephanie's friend Gia during the last couple seasons of Full House - didn't care much for that character though.

yeah...she wasn't too great. :-\\ However, when they met, in episode #149, they were enemies. The next time we saw Gia (episode #158), she spread a nasty rumor about Stephanie when Steph asked a boy out; Steph retaliated by posting an inflated version of Gia's report card on the wall. While Steph and everyone else felt good about it, Gia felt sad; Steph later tried to cheer her up at the Smash Club. Both of those eps were from season 7; in season 8, they were good friends.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 09/30/05 at 6:42 pm

Hey guys! :)  I've been really busy with school and so I haven't been on as much as I'd like to. And I don't get to watch Full House that much anymore... Nick at nite is gradually getting rid of it. :(

Written By: nally on 09/30/05 at 7:01 pm

Hey guys! :)  I've been really busy with school and so I haven't been on as much as I'd like to. And I don't get to watch Full House that much anymore... Nick at nite is gradually getting rid of it. :(
I know...that's a bummer. :-\\ They're only showing one episode at night (9:00 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday; and 10:00 Friday), and back-to-back episodes at 5:00 and 5:30 in the morning (except for Saturday morning, when they show that animated sitcom FATHERHOOD at 5:30AM instead). Tonight at 10:00PM I believe they'll air episode #176, when Danny starts dating the mother of Gia, Stephanie's friend.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 09/30/05 at 7:31 pm

I'll try and watch it tonight.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/01/05 at 5:30 am

Where I live, the Family Channel shows back to back episodes everyday from Noon to 1PM (although I'm not sure if it's the same thing elsewhere in the country). The cool thing is they tend to "rotate" the episodes a bit so you're not always seeing the same ones.

Geez, I hope they don't get rid of it too. :(

Written By: nally on 10/01/05 at 4:31 pm

Where I live, the Family Channel shows back to back episodes everyday from Noon to 1PM (although I'm not sure if it's the same thing elsewhere in the country). The cool thing is they tend to "rotate" the episodes a bit so you're not always seeing the same ones.

Geez, I hope they don't get rid of it too. :(

Yeah, ABC Family is currently airing episodes from the 6th season on weekdays, and later episodes on weekends. But they do air them chronologically, just like N@N. Right this moment (2:30 PM Pacific time), ABC Family is showing episode #184, where Uncle Jesse gets some basketball tips from special guest star Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Written By: nally on 10/03/05 at 2:32 pm

The first one of these is on ABC Family right now; Steph had two friends named Jennifer (P. and S.; I think P. was played by Danielle Fishel).

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/05 at 2:37 pm

remember the episode where they crossed over Family Matters when Steve Urkel came to visit the Tanners?  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/03/05 at 2:39 pm

remember the episode where they crossed over Family Matters when Steve Urkel came to visit the Tanners?   ;D
Yes. That was episode #84, where Stephanie needed to wear glasses. Urkel advised Steph to make her class laugh with her before they could laugh at her; she did that by bringing Joey's bag of funny glasses to school...and getting in trouble. :-\\

Written By: Dave Coulier on 10/27/05 at 6:37 pm

Come on now.. cut .. it .. out  ;D

Written By: Stephanie Tanner on 10/27/05 at 6:54 pm

How Rude!  :P

Written By: Michelle Tanner on 10/27/05 at 6:56 pm

You got it dude :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/27/05 at 7:00 pm

Bob Saget no like this thread.  >:(

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/Bob.jpg

Written By: Carl Otis Winslow on 10/28/05 at 9:42 am

Steve, you clutz.  Yes, you did that and no I don't have any cheese ...

oops  wrong show  :-[

Written By: nally on 10/28/05 at 4:47 pm

Come on now.. cut .. it .. out ;D

I always liked when he did that, making the motions with his fingers. ;D

Written By: Satish on 11/01/05 at 2:18 am

"Full House" was one of my favourite shows when I was about 10 to 12 years old. It was one of those cute, cuddly family sitcoms that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. But once I turned 13, I started to like it less and less, till the point I actually hated it. When I was 15, my high school English class did a poll as to what the worst show on tv was, and "Full House" came out number one. That was in 1995, the year "Full House" went off the air.

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/05 at 2:45 am

I always liked when he did that, making the motions with his fingers. ;D

He even incorporated that motion into America's Funniest People as well. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/01/05 at 6:20 am

"Full House" was one of my favourite shows when I was about 10 to 12 years old. It was one of those cute, cuddly family sitcoms that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. But once I turned 13, I started to like it less and less, till the point I actually hated it. When I was 15, my high school English class did a poll as to what the worst show on tv was, and "Full House" came out number one. That was in 1995, the year "Full House" went off the air.

This is funny, but what you've said seems to be the consensus among most people.

I seem to have gone completely opposite from the trend though - I've liked it more and more with the years (though I always have liked it).

The most common criticism does seem to be that it was too cuddly to the point of being unrealistic. But, I guess for a guy who has always liked mushy love songs, the constant hugging and remote sappiness at the end of each episode wouldn't be a problem with me, LOL!

Written By: nally on 11/01/05 at 1:11 pm

He even incorporated that motion into America's Funniest People as well. 

I never knew that, considering I only watched that show one time. However, I do believe "cut...it...out" has become a trademark of his, because that's the name of his official website: www.cutitout.net

Written By: nally on 12/06/05 at 2:26 pm

I notice that Nick At Nite is only airing one episode per night now. :-\\

Written By: Roadgeek on 12/06/05 at 2:28 pm

I'm actually watching FH right now. I usually catch it at its 3:00/3:30 airings on ABC Family. Occasionally, Nick at Nite.

Written By: nally on 12/06/05 at 2:30 pm

I'm actually watching FH right now. I usually catch it at its 3:00/3:30 airings on ABC Family. Occasionally, Nick at Nite.

Yes, it airs weekdays at noon/12:30 Pacific Time on ABC Family, then again at 3:00/3:30.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/05 at 10:10 am

I just realized something about Jesse, which I never thought about before (surprisingly! Since I tend to notice this sort of thing). Most of his own favorite music tastes are from the 50's and 60's.

I'm pretty sure he's mentioned some 80's songs, but he seems more focused on Elvis and the like.

He was born around 1963 (24 in Season 1), so that means he mostly likes rock from either before he was born, or barely after (then again, I'm that way with 70's and 80's music, so I guess it's not that unusual!).

I wonder if the "show" reason for that was to differentiate his tastes from DJ and Stephanie's a bit (Michelle was too young when the show started, obviously)?

P.S. The Rippers do sound like an 80's-styled version of oldies rock though (I like the song "Forever" which they performed).

Written By: Satish on 12/11/05 at 1:58 pm

I just realized something about Jesse, which I never thought about before (surprisingly! Since I tend to notice this sort of thing). Most of his own favorite music tastes are from the 50's and 60's.

I'm pretty sure he's mentioned some 80's songs, but he seems more focused on Elvis and the like.

Yeah, Jesse was really into Elvis and the Beach Boys. The writers probably made it that way because John Stamos liked them in real life.

Did you know that in real life, John Stamos actually was a touring drummer for the Beach Boys for a while? That might have been why the Beach Boys guest starred on "Full House" so many times.

And did you know that the song Jesse recorded, "Forever", was originally a Beach Boys song? John Stamos actually recorded and released the song as a single in real life.

Written By: nally on 12/13/05 at 3:52 pm

Yeah, Jesse was really into Elvis and the Beach Boys. The writers probably made it that way because John Stamos liked them in real life.

Did you know that in real life, John Stamos actually was a touring drummer for the Beach Boys for a while? That might have been why the Beach Boys guest starred on "Full House" so many times.

Yeah. i sorta knew that he was a touring drummer. The first time the Beach Boys guest starred on the show (episode #28), DJ had won tickets to go see them in concert, and when the band stopped by the Tanners', they invited the whole family to the concert.

The second time, Mike Love appeared at the telethon (episode #68) and sang "Be True To Your School", with Jesse on drums. Wait...I think he was originally on drums, but that didn't go so well so he moved to guitar.

The third time I can recall seeing the band on the show, episode #119 (where Jesse starts making a music video for his song "Forever"), the band appeared at the beginning.

And did you know that the song Jesse recorded, "Forever", was originally a Beach Boys song? John Stamos actually recorded and released the song as a single in real life.

No, that is something that I was not aware of. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/05 at 5:14 pm

Yep!  It appeared on their 1992 album "Summer in Paradise"  :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001YJH.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: A. Guest on 05/24/06 at 2:38 pm

Actually, I think Michelle asked her sisters if Joey was the uncle, and one of them said, "No, Jesse's our uncle," to which Michelle replied: "Oh yeah! The guy with the hair!"

That's right, they never called Joey an uncle. That's because he wasn't one.

Hey...by the way, Bob Saget (who played Danny Tanner) turned 50 last week! :D http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaybiggrin.gif

Written By: Blue Ant on 06/10/06 at 4:55 pm

Hey...by the way, Bob Saget (who played Danny Tanner) turned 50 last week! :D http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaybiggrin.gif

And the Olsen twins, who played Michelle Tanner, will turn 20 this Tuesday!! :D :D :D :D

Written By: Mr. X on 06/13/06 at 12:51 pm

And the Olsen twins, who played Michelle Tanner, will turn 20 this Tuesday!! :D :D :D :D

Happy 20th, Mary-Kate & Ashley!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/13/06 at 3:25 pm

:o

Written By: Steve Hale on 09/01/07 at 5:52 pm

I always liked D.J.'s Boyfriend Steve  :)

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/01/07 at 6:19 pm

this show is just uncomfortable for me to watch. everything is so forcefully wholesome....

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/01/07 at 7:33 pm

I loved the first four seasons of the show; I grew bored after the 5th season and pretty much stopped watching altogether. I didn't like the addition of the twin boys to the show; I guess they had to keep the cuteness in the show.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/01/07 at 7:38 pm

I loved the first four seasons of the show; I grew bored after the 5th season and pretty much stopped watching altogether. I didn't like the addition of the twin boys to the show; I guess they had to keep the cuteness in the show.

i hated those little things....

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/01/07 at 8:33 pm

this show is just uncomfortable for me to watch. everything is so forcefully wholesome....

Actually I disagree there. That's always been a common criticism for the show. Although I can see why people say that, I don't share the same views. ;)

I think they tended to emphasize the heartfelt parts of the show, so that people would feel connected to the characters. More often than not, it's done in a sentimental or "life lesson" kinda way so that it felt real and not just for the sake of being "sappy". That's why I think it worked so well. If you watch it enough, you'll see that they often touch on situations of things that do (or very possibly could) happen in real life. Their reactions are plausible to how it might really happen in terms of what everyone would be thinking.

Written By: audkal on 09/01/07 at 10:33 pm

Totally agree Marty.  After not seeing Full House for probably 10 years, I recently fell in love with it all over again.  It's a show that really makes you feel at home when you get to know the characters.  They seemed like they were always having fun.  And no matter what happened, everything would be okay.  The "life lesson" moments they got into were a lot of times, very relatable in real-life.  Just totally love the show. 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/01/07 at 10:43 pm

I've always been somewhat of a fan of the show. I will admit that Danny's cheesiness sometimes gets annoying, or when something happens like a car being driven through a house, and Danny doesn't even get the slightest bit upset...stuff like that kind of annoys me...HOWEVER, this show reminds me of when I was younger, and my sisters were younger...and my family (my sisters and I) were very similiar to the Tanner girls.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/01/07 at 11:23 pm

Totally agree Marty.  After not seeing Full House for probably 10 years, I recently fell in love with it all over again.  It's a show that really makes you feel at home when you get to know the characters.  They seemed like they were always having fun.  And no matter what happened, everything would be okay.  The "life lesson" moments they got into were a lot of times, very relatable in real-life.  Just totally love the show. 8)

Interestingly it was the same with me, lol.

I first got into it towards the end of its run (the new episodes as well as the reruns), but I didn't rediscover it until about 3-4 years ago again. That was when I got into it more hardcore even. Aside from the funnier/easygoing parts of the show being entertaning, I admit I'm something of a softie which is I suppose, one reason I like the sappy stuff that some people don't care for. ;) There's almost a safe, comforting feeling about the show, as corny as that sounds.

Doesn't it sit well in the "world" of Will Smith, America's Funniest Home Videos, Paula Abdul, Nintendo games, Family Matters, Home Alone and power ballads? I know I've said it before, but something about the whole 1989-1991ish era just seemed so wholesome, fun and innocent. Not just now, but even as it happened.

Written By: whistledog on 09/02/07 at 12:03 am

I didn't much care for Jesse and Becky's twins either, but I still liked the show.  In a world of sex and violence, the Tanners were a G rated Family, and it was always entertaining 8)

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/02/07 at 9:27 am

i used to be a fan of the show, too. i used to watch it every day after school on TBS in 5th grade, and i still watch it ocassionally. but what i meant by "forced" was how everyone acts so lovey-dovey to eachother....it just comes off as being really phoney to me.

Written By: nally on 09/04/07 at 2:59 pm

I first got into it towards the end of its run (the new episodes as well as the reruns), but I didn't rediscover it until about 3-4 years ago again. That was when I got into it more hardcore even. Aside from the funnier/easygoing parts of the show being entertaning, I admit I'm something of a softie which is I suppose, one reason I like the sappy stuff that some people don't care for. ;) There's almost a safe, comforting feeling about the show, as corny as that sounds.

yes...which is one reason why the show appealed to me. I think I remember watching it for the first time around 1990 or so, and I didn't really get "into" it until mid-1991, when the show moved to Tuesday nights and the older episodes went into syndication. Then I became an avid watcher of it.

On a side note....I find it hard to believe that this month marks 20 years since the show premiered on ABC! :o

Written By: audkal on 09/04/07 at 3:43 pm

Doesn't it sit well in the "world" of Will Smith, America's Funniest Home Videos, Paula Abdul, Nintendo games, Family Matters, Home Alone and power ballads? I know I've said it before, but something about the whole 1989-1991ish era just seemed so wholesome, fun and innocent. Not just now, but even as it happened.

I'd also say I'm way more of a hardcore fan now than when I used to watch it (at age 3-8).  Now I'd probably even call it my #2 favorite show of all time (Seinfeld being #1). ;)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/05/07 at 12:19 pm

I have loved Full House ever since I started watching it 12/13 years ago.

Written By: nally on 02/20/08 at 12:36 pm

I've seen every episode of it at least once! :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/20/08 at 12:37 pm

do you own the boxsets, Jeff?

Written By: nally on 02/20/08 at 12:41 pm

do you own the boxsets, Jeff?

No, I don't own any of them. I've just seen them all on TV.

There are two episodes I have to admit that I truly don't like...

#139, where Jesse rides the subway to his graduation and the subway breaks down. DJ---one of the main characters of the show during the entire run---was absent from this episode. (In fact, this was the only time that a main character from the original Tanner household was absent from an episode.)
#146, where DJ falls asleep in Steve's new apartment and violates curfew. DJ wants some privacy with Steve, so they hide in a cement truck, which Steve accidentally activates with his foot, sending cement into the kitchen. Meanwhile, Michelle takes up leaf collecting as a hobby, which irritates Stephanie. (spoilers end here)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/20/08 at 9:48 pm

Me too, in fact ever since it started airing again on Nick at Nite 4 or 5 years ago, I've probably seen most episodes 3 or more times :D

Written By: musicgirl on 02/20/08 at 10:32 pm

OMG I LOVED Full House when I was about 8 and saw all the episodes on Nick @ Nite even if I'd seen them before dozen of times.

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/20/08 at 10:35 pm

I've got the first 7 box sets and probably have seen two-thirds of the episodes, but I like it so much that I don't think I could ever get sick of it. I've noticed they tend to repeat some episodes more than others though.

Written By: whistledog on 02/20/08 at 11:15 pm

They put out the complete series on DVD in a giant house shaped box.  It looks so cool, but I bet the compact packaging would easily scratch the discs :-\\

Written By: nally on 02/20/08 at 11:54 pm

Me too, in fact ever since it started airing again on Nick at Nite 4 or 5 years ago, I've probably seen most episodes 3 or more times :D

Yes, I believe Nick at Nite began airing it in October 2003. For the first several months I would usually watch it a few nights per week. By July 2005, I saw 'em all. I know each and every one of them by heart now.

I remember watching most of the season 5 episodes when they were brand new during 1991-92, and a few from season 6 as well. That's when I really got "into" that show.

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/21/08 at 12:03 am

I got into it a little in 1994, in the last couple seasons. Even if it's just television, in a way I felt even more of a connection to it, since I'm from the Bay Area. It was almost like people from an alternate world that lived 80 miles from me, lol.

You know, speaking of the box sets, it's really disappointing they didn't put any special features hardly at all on them. Although that does keep them inexpensive. ;)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/21/08 at 12:08 am

Yes, I believe Nick at Nite began airing it in October 2003. For the first several months I would usually watch it a few nights per week. By July 2005, I saw 'em all. I know each and every one of them by heart now.

I remember watching most of the season 5 episodes when they were brand new during 1991-92, and a few from season 6 as well. That's when I really got "into" that show.

I came into the show kinda late, I didn't start watching it until the 1994-95 season(which was also the last one). I didn't really become a fan until WGN started showing re-runs on cable in the late '90s though.

You know, speaking of the box sets, it's really disappointing they didn't put any special features hardly at all on them. Although that does keep them inexpensive. ;)

Yeah, I hate it when a show comes out with the full series on DVD and doesn't add some new special features. It almost makes it seem like a rip-off.

Written By: nally on 02/21/08 at 12:19 am

I came into the show kinda late, I didn't start watching it until the 1994-95 season(which was also the last one). I didn't really become a fan until WGN started showing re-runs on cable in the late '90s though.

I saw the reruns on WGN too...but not until after we got cable in 2001. TBS also carried the reruns for a while, up until about 2002 or so. I remember seeing several of the earlier episodes for the first time on TBS.

Written By: ninny on 02/21/08 at 8:39 am

I watched all the originals when they aired,my daughter who is 16 watches them all the time on The Family Channel.

Written By: nally on 02/21/08 at 11:24 am

^Yes, ABC Family has been carrying them too...for just about as long as Nick @ Nite, which doesn't hardly seem to be airing them anymore. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...