inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: fruit snack name!!

Written By: Bob on 02/20/05 at 11:38 am

Alright everyone I need your help bad.  As a child of the 90's i grew up on fruit snacks, but there is one in particualr that i loved but i can not remember the name of it.  It cam in a yellow regtangular pouch about 7" wide and 3" tall and inside was a piece of white cardboard with string fruit snack on it with a crazy design.  you peeled the string snack off the cardboard and eat it.  I need to know it's been ratling my brain for the last few day.  If you know please email me at bobushka_king@hotmail.com .  Thanks in advance

~bob~

Subject: Re: fruit snack name!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 12:00 pm

Fruit Roll Ups?

Written By: gord on 02/20/05 at 12:56 pm

Fruit Roll Ups?

or maybe 'fruit by the foot' ?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/05 at 1:03 pm

or maybe 'fruit by the foot' ?

Probally.

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/20/05 at 2:10 pm

It sounds like Fruit by the foot. I used to eat those. Man we had some good snacks back in the day. I also remember Dunkaroos.  :P

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/20/05 at 2:32 pm

It's neither of those, I know what he's talking about. It was on a white piece of thin cardboard, maybe not quite as big of a size as he said, and the string fruit snack was wrapped around in different designs on the cardboard and you would peel it off. I can't think of the name either.

Written By: Bob on 02/20/05 at 5:22 pm

I figured it out (thanks to my mom you fed me all of them :-D) they were called String Thing.   It was in a yellow package with blue lettering, man those were some good snacks

Written By: Aubster on 02/20/05 at 11:01 pm

I figured it out (thanks to my mom you fed me all of them :-D) they were called String Thing.   It was in a yellow package with blue lettering, man those were some good snacks

ooo i loved those string things .. y dont they make those ne more .. or dunkaroos? damn them all ..  >:(

Written By: 90s boy on 02/21/05 at 3:44 am

ooo i loved those string things .. y dont they make those ne more .. or dunkaroos? darn them all ..  >:(
They Still make dunkaroos i just got some a the super market but not all super makets sell them god i lived off of thoghs back in the 90's many popualer in 1995 96

Written By: SpaceHog on 02/21/05 at 11:20 am

remember tgose chocolate covered chex that had sprinkles on them?

Written By: Aubster on 02/21/05 at 10:26 pm

remember tgose chocolate covered chex that had sprinkles on them?

mmmm yea!!  :D  do they still make those?

Written By: Aubster on 02/21/05 at 10:27 pm

They Still make dunkaroos i just got some a the super market but not all super makets sell them god i lived off of thoghs back in the 90's many popualer in 1995 96

Pst where do u shop?? ive been having dunkaroo withdraw for years ..  :P

Written By: SpaceHog on 02/23/05 at 3:38 pm

mmmm yea!!   :D  do they still make those?

What were those called? I loved them. Remember PopTarts Crunch cereal? and wasn't there a cereal that had a red or purple filling and some pieces had nothing at all?

Written By: Katie on 03/02/05 at 8:33 am

Its STRING THING!!!!! IVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Dinkadoo on 03/02/05 at 8:52 am

All fruit snacks and fruit leather taste the same.

Written By: nally on 03/02/05 at 10:42 am

It sounds like Fruit by the foot. I used to eat those.

Fruit By The foot was 3 feet long, and rolled up. I began eating it when it came out in late 1991. I'd always unravel it entirely before I began eating it.

Written By: Emily and Annie 91 on 02/23/09 at 12:13 pm

OK GUYS. first of all, to whoever said they all taste the same, you have a sad and deprived childhood. and YES ITS CALLED STRING THING!! thank you sooo much for remembering that. wow. My sister and i could NOT remember for the life of us, i'm craving it so bad haha so thank you everyone! sitting in italy trying to figure out string thing. you saved my life

Written By: mizzgreen on 02/23/09 at 5:49 pm

What were those called? I loved them. Remember PopTarts Crunch cereal? and wasn't there a cereal that had a red or purple filling and some pieces had nothing at all?

Yeah! what was that cereal??? I've been wondering about it for years. wasn't it like some kind of "buried treasure" cereal or something? It kind of looked like bigger cap'n crunch pieces but with filling right?

Written By: 90steen on 02/23/09 at 6:16 pm

It sounds like Fruit by the foot. I used to eat those. Man we had some good snacks back in the day. I also remember Dunkaroos.  :P

They still have dunkaroos!  :D When I saw them in the store recently I almost went crazy.

Written By: Meg on 11/18/09 at 9:32 pm

yes that cereal was called hidden treasures and it was the eat cereal ever 1993!

Written By: nally on 11/18/09 at 10:13 pm

Oh my, this is a rather old thread. :o

They still have dunkaroos!  :D When I saw them in the store recently I almost went crazy.

They've probably been around a long time. I remember the ads about them from the 1990s.

Check for new replies or respond here...