inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please Help Me Find The Name of This Ice Cream Mfgr

Written By: Jaseinatl on 02/22/05 at 1:01 pm

I used to live about a block off Market on Castro in San Francisco. It was the early '90's before the Ecstasy started getting bad and before the beautiful people left for New York. The club scene was still glamorous, the weather was perfect, the people were friendly, life was blissful.

And to top off the day, almost every day, I would lounge out on my hammock that stretched over my back porch, overlooking the Castro while savoring this one delicious ice cream. I never really saw the ice cream at your big stores, but it's name was a "big name" like "haagen Dazs" or "fruzen Gladje, RIP". It came in little containers that were about 2 1/2 inches tall and rectangular, with extremely rounded edges (almost like an oval, but with more parallel sides). It was a simple white PLASTIC (not paper) container and I would buy it from the tacky fish  market that neighbored the Phoenix on Castro.

There were a lot of different flavors, but my favorite was a Carrot Cake Ice Cream that had chunks of carrot cake blended into a vanilla base. I have looked up all the big names and can't find anyone that will admit to having made a carrot-cake ice cream. I was hoping that somebody would remember it. Or maybe you could all tell me any ice cream manufacturer's that were around, selling pints of delicious ice cream, in the 90's.

I would be forever grateful if someone could help me. Thanks in advance for you time.

Best wishes,

jase

jaseinatl@yahoo.com

Check for new replies or respond here...