inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: La Bouche

Written By: Dave Brown on 02/28/05 at 3:57 am

They were in a word brilliant. Their first single "Sweet Dreams" was released in 1994 and re-released again a couple of years later, but bothe versions failed to make it into the top 40 in the uk. Follow-up single was the fantastic "Be My Lover" which was first released in 1995 and reaching number 27 and then it was re-issued a year later reaching number 25.

Singer Melanie Thornton quit the duo a few years later and was replaced by Natasha who was the female vocalist from DJ Bobo and La Bouche released their first comeback single which was the catchy "All I Want". Melanie on the other hand went solo and releasing ballads such as "Heartbeat" and "I Love How You Love Me". In 2001, Melanie Thornton was killed in an plaine crash at Zurich Airport when she was on the way to Switzerland to do a signing in a record store of her debut solo album.

She will never be forgotten as the voice from La Bouche.

RIP Melanie.

Subject: Re: La Bouche

Written By: 90s boy on 02/28/05 at 7:51 am

she died :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( i love that song be my lover

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/01/05 at 12:23 am

she died :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( i love that song be my lover

That song was excellent.

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/01/05 at 4:27 am

Sadly, yes she has died. I first found out about a few weeks after it happend. I read to on the internet. It's such a shame how a talent like that has gone to waste. She was so talented vocally.

Written By: cancemini2real on 05/14/05 at 5:54 pm

I had no idea she had passed!!! I have La Bouches Cassette and the last one titled "You won't forget me"

Written By: nally on 05/16/05 at 11:27 pm

I remember them. "Be My Lover" was a U.S. hit in late 1995/early 1996; and "Sweet Dreams" was a follow-up single in mid-'96. (That is, in the U.S.)

Check for new replies or respond here...