inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Friends

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 4:23 pm

I always hated this show.  It dominated the ratings every year from 1994 to 2003 and it just made me sick.  The show was only mildly funny to begin with and the guys were so gay and the girls, except Jennifer Aniston, so annoying.  What makes it the best show ever to so many? I just don't get it.  ???

-FHF

Subject: Re: Friends

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/28/05 at 4:41 pm

i guess you had to date and understand a bit about sexual politics. the show wasn't that deep and i liked it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/05 at 4:49 pm

Ummmmmm.... I like that show!  ;D

Written By: woops on 02/28/05 at 6:39 pm

I agree that the show reeked sweaty socks...  :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/28/05 at 6:43 pm

Next to Seinfield, the...most...overrated...show...ever.

It was for those that thought they were hip or cool, but really wasn't.

Tanya

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/28/05 at 6:48 pm

Tanya

really? i was supposed to think i was hip or cool. here i was watching the show just so i can masturbate to lisa kudrow *slaps forehead*

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/28/05 at 6:49 pm

Tanya

I agree I never liked Friends that much, watched it a few times but never got interested in it. I do think that Seinfeld is better than Friends though.

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/28/05 at 7:13 pm

I saw one episode of Friends a few years ago, and could not laugh.  I think they have one of those laughing machines in the background representing the audience, because it just was not interesting.  Seinfeld was way funnier though.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/28/05 at 8:02 pm

I agree I never liked Friends either. They acted like a bunch of maniacs on speed and the way they spoke was so fake and annoying. It reminds me of high school...shudder. Seinfield, on the other hand, was definately not overrated.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/28/05 at 9:57 pm

I really enjoyed Friends AND Seinfeld...lighten up people ;) It wasn't the end of the world....and both did make me laugh :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 10:40 pm

I agree I never liked Friends either. They acted like a bunch of maniacs on speed and the way they spoke was so fake and annoying. It reminds me of high school...shudder. Seinfield, on the other hand, was definately not overrated.

I guess I see "Friends" and "Seinfeld" the way I see the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.  "Seinfeld" is the critic's darling of sitcoms that anyone with "class" "has to like as a favorite", whereas the critics couldn't care less about Friends but it's still a "must-love".  Stones fall into "Friends" categort and Beatles "Seinfeld".

I really enjoyed Friends AND Seinfeld...lighten up people ;) It wasn't the end of the world....and both did make me laugh :)

True Mark :) 

-FHF  ;)

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/01/05 at 4:48 am

I always hated this show.  It dominated the ratings every year from 1994 to 2003 and it just made me sick.  The show was only mildly funny to begin with and the guys were so gay and the girls, except Jennifer Aniston, so annoying.  What makes it the best show ever to so many? I just don't get it.  ???

-FHF

I didn't find "Friends" funny in the slightest. It was pure rubbish.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/05 at 4:50 am

I have only laughed once at 'Friends' and was by a mistake.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/01/05 at 6:25 am

I liked Friends and I still watch the reruns.

Written By: karen on 03/01/05 at 7:39 am

I liked Friends and for a while watched every episode.  I only watch bits of Seinfield and didn't find it at all funny, just kind of stupid.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/01/05 at 8:31 am

Loved both. Both shows were really made by just one Individual. Joey in Friends and Kramer in Seinfeld.

Ross always annopyed me, i found Chandler & Joey Hilarious. I never really found any of the chicks funny, cus it all seemed so forced.

I never got to watch as much Seinfeld as i wanted, because it was on at like 2AM here for a long time.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/01/05 at 10:57 am

really? i was supposed to think i was hip or cool. here i was watching the show just so i can masturbate to lisa kudrow *slaps forehead*

Ha!

tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/01/05 at 10:59 am

True Mark :) 

-FHF  ;)

FHF, you created the thread. So, how can you agree? Apparently, you didn't like the show.

Tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/01/05 at 11:05 am

I love FRIENDS

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/02/05 at 1:21 pm

FHF, you created the thread. So, how can you agree? Apparently, you didn't like the show.

Tanya

I don't agree its a good show, I agree it's not a big deal :)

-FHF  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...