inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Old School Nickelodeon

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/02/05 at 3:50 pm

I think when it comes to kids show Old School Nick (pre-Spongebob) is the 90s equivalent to Care Bears, My Little Pony and the like.  I really can't remember the true Old School nick days of 1989-1994 but I got the mid-90s reruns (I assumed they were new shows then).  My Nick days were more 1995 to 1998, mid-school I guess. Stuff like Angry Beavers, Rugrats, and Hey Arnold were the "hot" shows, although I think Rocco's Modern Life still made new episodes.  For SNICK I got Kablam!, Kenan and Kel, Rugrats  :P, among others.

I miss when Nick was about slime and stuff.  Now SNICK is gone and they play d*mn Spongebob all the time, and all Slime Time is is a minute between the shows.  Remember all the game shows like that Temple one and Figure it Out?

Old School Nick may of sucked but it sure was nostalgic and I love it for that  8)

-FHF

Subject: Re: Old School Nickelodeon

Written By: george78 on 03/02/05 at 3:57 pm

I used to love the Saturday morning show "Total Panic". A great variety show that brought awesome artists to perform (the Cover Girls, Expose').

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/02/05 at 4:26 pm

I miss the old Nick.  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 4:31 pm

ME TOO!!!!  :\'(

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/02/05 at 4:43 pm

I watched Nick like all the time from around 1992-1997, then it started to suck so I stopped watching. I remember they had Clarissa, Salute you shorts, GUTS, legends of the hidden temple, Rocco's modern life, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Rugrats, Ahh real monsters, Angry beavers, etc. It's been like 8 years since I've seen some of those shows, man.

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/02/05 at 4:47 pm

I know!! Its not worth watching now, trust me!!

Written By: Howard on 03/02/05 at 4:53 pm

I used to watch it for You Can't Do That On Television but now I rarely watch it.

Howard

Written By: 90s boy on 03/02/05 at 5:20 pm

I miss the old Nick.   :\'(

So Do I  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Dinkadoo on 03/02/05 at 6:16 pm

I miss Salute Your Shorts.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/05 at 6:34 pm

I miss Salute Your Shorts.

That was one of the most awesome shows on Nick...other than Pete & Pete....my sister's and I used to watch that show religiously...and during the summer when we would go to summer camp...we would prep ourselves by watching Salute your Shorts...and the movie Ernest Goes to Camp!!!! LOL!

Erin  ;D

Written By: Kyle on 03/02/05 at 7:16 pm

BTW, old-skool "SNICKELODEON" is coming back!  Good thing Catdog is back on the air.  I'd watched it in the second grade and it rocks!  :) :)  That's when my good 'ol friends such as Carly Michelle was in the mainstream, not Coty Kremer.

Later Days!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/02/05 at 11:11 pm

BTW, old-skool "SNICKELODEON" is coming back!  Good thing Catdog is back on the air.  I'd watched it in the second grade and it rocks!   :) :)  That's when my good 'ol friends such as Carly Michelle was in the mainstream, not Coty Kremer.

Later Days!

Not a fan of Catdog. IMO it's among the first of New School Nick, along with Cousin Skeeter and Spongebob.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/02/05 at 11:18 pm

Not a fan of Catdog. IMO it's among the first of New School Nick, along with Cousin Skeeter and Spongebob.

Yea, catdog is part of new school nick, imo.

Written By: Kyle on 03/04/05 at 6:32 pm

I think when it comes to kids show Old School Nick (pre-Spongebob) is the 90s equivalent to Care Bears, My Little Pony and the like.  I really can't remember the true Old School nick days of 1989-1994 but I got the mid-90s reruns (I assumed they were new shows then).  My Nick days were more 1995 to 1998, mid-school I guess. Stuff like Angry Beavers, Rugrats, and Hey Arnold were the "hot" shows, although I think Rocco's Modern Life still made new episodes.  For SNICK I got Kablam!, Kenan and Kel, Rugrats  :P, among others.

I miss when Nick was about slime and stuff.  Now SNICK is gone and they play d*mn Spongebob all the time, and all Slime Time is is a minute between the shows.  Remember all the game shows like that Temple one and Figure it Out?

Old School Nick may of sucked but it sure was nostalgic and I love it for that  8)

-FHF

Sorry to be impolite, but I think I'll add Jimmy Neutron to the list if I were you?  A few month's ago, that is basically all they played!  :-[

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/04/05 at 7:13 pm

I miss old school Nick as well. Salute Your Shorts, Aah! real Monsters, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, Wild and Crazy Kids, Clarissa, Rocko's Modern Life, Are you afraid of the dark?, All That(the original cast), and of course, Pete & Pete(season 1 is finally coming to DVD btw, yay!!). Who can forget Artie?

The strongest man..in the WORLD!

http://www.wellsvilleusa.com/pictures/artie.jpg

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/04/05 at 7:22 pm

Sorry to be impolite, but I think I'll add Jimmy Neutron to the list if I were you?  A few month's ago, that is basically all they played!   :-[

I dont think Jimmy Neutron started until about 1999 did it?  I got the tail end of the old school I guess, 1996-97.  I remember the cable guy INSTALLED the cable into our house from the power line.  Remember that?  ;D

Written By: 5PID3R-MAN on 03/23/05 at 9:11 am

What About "WHAT WOULD YOU DO"?
Awsome F-ing Show

Written By: Harmonica on 03/23/05 at 12:20 pm

I miss old school Nick as well. Salute Your Shorts, Aah! real Monsters, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, Wild and Crazy Kids, Clarissa, Rocko's Modern Life, Are you afraid of the dark?, All That(the original cast), and of course, Pete & Pete(season 1 is finally coming to DVD btw, yay!!). Who can forget Artie?

I loved the Pete and Pete Theme song...."Hey Sandy" by Polaris

Written By: DaChazman on 03/23/05 at 8:20 pm

that show is classic. Seriously.

Written By: Classic Nick fan!!! on 03/24/05 at 3:53 am

i wish they would make a channel specificlly for old school nick. i miss shows like rocco's modern life, my brother and me, nick arcade, wild and crazy kids, are you afraid of the dark, today's special, ren and stimpy, you cant do that on television, Guts, Funhouse, double dare, salute your shorts, pete and pete, figure it out(summer sanders had some tig ols :P), mya the bee, the little kowala, eurka's castle, pinwheel, legend of the hidden temple, welcome freshman....i cant think of anymore but those were the classics   ;) :) ;D :D :o ::)

Written By: bj26 on 03/24/05 at 10:36 am

I watched Nick like all the time from around 1992-1997, then it started to suck so I stopped watching. I remember they had Clarissa, Salute you shorts, GUTS, legends of the hidden temple, Rocco's modern life, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Rugrats, Ahh real monsters, Angry beavers, etc. It's been like 8 years since I've seen some of those shows, man.
Don't forget Pete and Pete and Are you afraid of the dark!  I don't know who liked all these shows more, my kid who was born in '89 and grew up with all these shows, or me :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/05 at 11:11 am

Some of the favorites I used to watch (and yes, I was an adult when I watched them) were:

You Can't Do that on Television
Eerie, Indiana
Are You Afraid of the Dark
Alex Mack

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/24/05 at 10:45 pm

Eerie Indiana was the BEST!!!!!

Erin :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/24/05 at 11:15 pm

When we had cable (from about '98 to '00), and I enjoyed watching Nickolodeon (it was in Australia). Some of my favourite shows (I forget them) included Hey Arnold, Ren and Stimpy, Real Monsters and to a lesser extent Clarissa Explains it All, Keenan and Kell and a few others I don't remember. I also liked Cartoon Network, they wacky shows.

Written By: AL-B on 03/25/05 at 9:33 pm

I remember watching Nickelodeon back in the 80's, and some of the shows I remember were:

You Can't Do That On Television - Call me weird, but when I was a kid, I thought Christine (Moose) was hot.

The Third Eye - This was some creepy sci-fi show about these aliens with long, slimy tentacles. I had trouble eating spaghetti after watching this show.

Pinwheel - Annoying Sesame Street knockoff.

Dangermouse - Quirky British cartoon about a crime-fighting mouse and his sidekick (who was a mole or something).

Turkey TV - Weird show made up from clips of various public access shows, old Canadian public service announcements, and obscure music videos. Also had a funny spoof of a Russian newscast (anchored by "Ivan Tell-A-Lie, Hero Of Soviet Union...")

Livewire -  Teen talk show hosted by Fred Newman, who was like 30 yet had white hair. (In about 1979-80, I remember seeing the Ramones on this show, lip-syncing "Do You Remember Rock N' Roll Radio." At the time, I thought they were weird.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/05 at 3:20 pm

You Can't Do That On Television - Call me weird, but when I was a kid, I thought Christine (Moose) was hot.

I wouldn't call you weird. As I said, I watch this show as an adult and as a hetersexual, I thought that there was something about Christine that was very striking. I can't say she was "hot" because I am not "that way". But there was something about her.

Cat

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/26/05 at 8:09 pm

The old Nick was the best. My faves were Double Dare ( I had the Board game too) and Eat my shorts, I love the theme song.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/05 at 9:40 pm

The old Nick was the best. My faves were Double Dare ( I had the Board game too) and Eat my shorts, I love the theme song.

was "eat my shorts" a show? i've never heard of that one.....did you mean..."salute your shorts"

Erin:)

Subject: Re: Old School Nickelodeon-you forgot

Written By: mike on 03/27/05 at 6:39 am

i wish they would make a channel specificlly for old school nick. i miss shows like rocco's modern life, my brother and me, nick arcade, wild and crazy kids, are you afraid of the dark, today's special, ren and stimpy, you cant do that on television, Guts, Funhouse, double dare, salute your shorts, pete and pete, figure it out(summer sanders had some tig ols :P), mya the bee, the little kowala, eurka's castle, pinwheel, legend of the hidden temple, welcome freshman....i cant think of anymore but those were the classics  ;) :) ;D :D :o ::)

you forgot about the biggiest name of them off that little pop sickle stick i forgot the name but he was the host of all the nick shows remember

Written By: rich on 03/30/05 at 4:19 pm

dangermouse was cool! 

mr. wizard was a favorite...

which show was this???  The kids would run down into the basement and there was caves,
dark...They would walk up to this wall of sticky-gooey stuff and press through it.  Kinda
like a goo-doorway.  Email me if you know the name of the show!

fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads.

Written By: Les on 03/31/05 at 3:47 pm

to address a post above his name was stick stickly....and here in atlanta on comcast cable we get a station called nick sports. they show double dare, legends of the hidden temple and guts.

Written By: 90s boy on 04/01/05 at 6:16 am

dose anyone Remember a show on Nickelodeon called Space Cases????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Written By: SpaceHog on 04/01/05 at 11:36 pm

remember dont just stand there? or what about the strange files of shelby Wu? or what about all that? (before it got gay)

Written By: beautifuljen on 04/06/05 at 8:05 pm

dose anyone Remember a show on Nickelodeon called Space Cases????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I remember space cases i loved the girl with the rainbow hair wasnt her name cat something.

Written By: oldschool on 04/22/05 at 8:06 am

Does anyone remember a show with Manniquins in a department Store.  This is going really far back.  The manniquins would come to life after the store closed.  What's the name of it?! Also, a  game show on Nick about going through a house finding clues. (Similar to lEGENDS OF THE hIDDEN tEMPLE)  i AM COMPLETELY STUCK, AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Written By: lalaloveyou on 04/22/05 at 4:47 pm

DOUG WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER.

Written By: Tara on 04/23/05 at 11:54 pm

Stick Stickly!!!!! ;D :D ::)

Written By: wilshaw on 04/24/05 at 1:00 pm

i loved roccos modern life ! also i remeber the jack in the box (or doll w/e) in the attic of 'are you afraid of the dark?' scared me!

Written By: gemini61 on 04/24/05 at 7:09 pm

Does anyone remember a show with Manniquins in a department Store.  This is going really far back.  The manniquins would come to life after the store closed.  What's the name of it?! Also, a  game show on Nick about going through a house finding clues. (Similar to lEGENDS OF THE hIDDEN tEMPLE)  i AM COMPLETELY STUCK, AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I think it was called Today's Special. That's about the time my kids watched and me and hubby watched with them. Some of our favs to watch with the kids were Pinwheel, which had cartoons such as "Emily", "Simon In The Land Of Chalk Drawings", "Paddington", then the next daughter watched "Maya The Bee', "The LIttle Bits' , I think we watched Belle and Sebastian, David The Gnome, geez there were alot of them, I just keep remembering more.  :o 

Written By: RRBM on 05/04/05 at 5:59 pm

legends of the hidden temple rocked.  someone is selling blue barracudas shirts on ebay.
http://search.ebay.com/legends-of-hidden-temple_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

i really want to know what they did with that temple set. that would be so cool to have in my house.

Written By: Sophie on 05/06/05 at 2:18 pm

OMG I totally miss all the old shows!  ALL THAT used to rock my world i cant wait for it to comeout on DVD. but only the real ALL THAT with like danny Tambereliand amanda bynes and kenan and kel and lori-beth dinberg and nick cannon.  wat happend? now it sux.  u just cant top the original!  :)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/06/05 at 3:16 pm

So do I; I grew up on it. If you want Old school Nick back, sign the petition linked on my signature, just click on the All That logo. It was written by someone named Ellie Lea to bring back the original All That (seasons 1-6, 1995-2000) on Nickelodeon, DVD, or even a CLASSIC NICK channel. It currently has 2,975 signatures, I think.  ???

Please mention that you want All That on TV and DVD, and tell them also that you want a CLASSIC NICK channel for All That, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afriad of the Dark?, Ren & Stimpy, Doug, Rugrats, Welcome Freshman, DOuble Dare, What Would You Do?, Today's Special, Pete & Pete, and just about any other Nick show you can name from that era (1979-2000, a long enough time period to include the entire original All That and all of Kenan & Kel).

Old Nickelodeon was the best. I used to watch SNICK religiously, especially All That. I really miss the original cast that made the show so funny ten years ago. Now, the show in is its tenth season and still nothing like the first six seasons that gave the show such high ratings. The new All That is kinda pathetic., especially without Jamie Lynn Spears, let alone the original cast, who were actually funny!

Written By: mike on 05/07/05 at 7:30 am

does anyone remember "The Adventures of Pete and Pete"? I thought that show ruled.

Written By: Julie on 05/07/05 at 6:05 pm

Does anyone remember stick stickley and the skeleton dinasour that was a puppet and talked?  What was his name?  This has been bugging me for several years!  Anyone have any ideas?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/08/05 at 5:18 pm

the skeleton dinasour that was a puppet and talked?  What was his name?  This has been bugging me for several years!  Anyone have any ideas?

His name was boney and the show was called "Weinerville," starring comedian and puppeteer Marc Weiner.

Written By: captboondock on 05/12/05 at 9:28 pm

when it comes to old skool nick roundhouse was the sheesh

Written By: Jani on 05/16/05 at 11:39 am

But nobody mentioned Hey Dude ! That was the best show . . . so corny. . . . I loved it. . . .

Written By: figwig on 05/16/05 at 2:34 pm

Well you'll be happy to know that Pete and Pete are comming out on DVD soon!  If you don't believe me go to www.tvondvd.com

Written By: sh0rtst0p on 05/18/05 at 3:21 pm

does anybody know where i can buy the old nick shows?

Written By: Melissa on 05/18/05 at 7:54 pm

Anyone remember DINOSAURS?  with the 2 teenagers, fat dad, and grandma and mom and little fat baby

Written By: bj26 on 05/19/05 at 7:52 am

Anyone remember DINOSAURS?  with the 2 teenagers, fat dad, and grandma and mom and little fat baby
This show was insane! I recall a line from the crotchity grandmother to the dad, she said, "shut up fata_s." The show had some funny scenarios, would like to see it again.

Written By: Rachel1913 on 05/19/05 at 9:19 pm

i can't remember if this is even a nickelodeon show but does anyone know the name of the show where a bearded man would go in a clearing in the forest and i think he would sing and had friends and stuff?  the intro to each show was him crossing logs and creeks and stuff.  please help!

Written By: Diana on 05/20/05 at 7:52 pm

Oh the memories :) :) :) 8)

Written By: Triviamom on 05/20/05 at 8:14 pm

Was this Nickelodeon? I can't remember all the names, but my kids used to watch The Little Bits, David the Gnome, and the one about the twin koala bears that lived in the tree outside a little girl's bedroom window. There was some weird lizard running around in the show, too, but I never got the connection.

Also, what was the name of the show about the family that lived on the little island with Binya-Binya?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/20/05 at 8:16 pm

Yes...those were all Nickelodeon shows.....my little sis used to watch all of these shows when she was younger....

The show you are thinking of with Binya-Binya was called, "Gullah Gullah Island"

Written By: Triviamom on 05/20/05 at 8:20 pm

Yes...those were all Nickelodeon shows.....my little sis used to watch all of these shows when she was younger....

The show you are thinking of with Binya-Binya was called, "Gullah Gullah Island"

Thanks. I thought they were Nick shows.

Tracy

Written By: Kyle on 05/21/05 at 11:11 am

I dont think Jimmy Neutron started until about 1999 did it?  I got the tail end of the old school I guess, 1996-97.  I remember the cable guy INSTALLED the cable into our house from the power line.  Remember that?  ;D

I remember that, too.  It was about the same time, and one of the first shows I watch on the satelite dish is probably something like Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry!  I wish all these good shows are back.  :\'( :\'( The first Nick show I watched was probably Catdog and maybe Rugrats.

Written By: Aboynamedginger on 05/22/05 at 12:43 pm

The show with the kids who talked telepathically was "The Tomorrow People" right? I remember watching the end of that show everyday. It was odd.

My favorite shows were "Space Cases" and "Salute your shorts" though. I hope they both get a DVD release.

I just bought "Clarissa Explains it all" season 1, I realized how much I miss old school Nick! It's so GREAT! Can't wait to get Pete and Pete. I couldn't find it at Best Buy. :(

Written By: BWKermadecs on 05/24/05 at 1:03 am

There is this one show that was on in the 80's, I'm pretty sure it was Nickelodeon, but it could have possibly been a network.  Anyway it's been driving me crazy for years.

All I can remember is part of the theme song, but one of the characters who is the bad guy he was sort of like the body shape of The Grinch, but he was pink and he had this snout for a nose, and he had a couple of kids, and they had this big control room.  I can't remember any of the good guys from this show, unfortunately.  I do remember they were on another planet, and then something about palm trees or something, it was a REALLY long time ago, ahaha.

If any of this sounds familiar to anyone, help!

Written By: thankful on 05/24/05 at 2:04 pm

The show with the manniquin was called "Today's Special"...one of my all-time favorites along with "Pinwheel"...definitely Throwback Nick ...Also, the other show is called "Finders Keepers."  

Written By: thankful on 05/24/05 at 2:08 pm

i can't remember if this is even a nickelodeon show but does anyone know the name of the show where a bearded man would go in a clearing in the forest and i think he would sing and had friends and stuff?  the intro to each show was him crossing logs and creeks and stuff.  please help!

Fred Penner's Place was the name of that show

Written By: heatherklein on 05/25/05 at 6:58 pm

I really miss the old nickelodeon.  Like Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Pete and Pete... Now there is nothing on Nickelodeon.  I miss the old cast of All That.  And don't even get me started on Weinerville.  But does anyone remember the name of an old gameshow.  I don't remember all of the challenges but the ending was a red team, blue team and purple team climb a mountain with boulders and snow... ring any bells?  Also, is it called Legends of the Hidden Temple gameshow?

Written By: Dukefan on 05/26/05 at 1:28 am

^The show your thinking of is Guts.  Legends of the Hidden Temple was where kids had to run through an old temple in the jungle collecting all these things within a certain time frame. 

Guts was where kids competed in physical games, and then at the end of the show they climed to the top of Mount AgroKraig,  (Fake mountain in the studio) while being sprayed with water, smoke, and confetti.  The winner was the first person to make it to the top and ring a bell.

Written By: hideej18 on 05/27/05 at 8:11 pm

I do too  :-[  I don't know if you remember, but they used to have little cartoony parts in between shows after commercials.  They had those dinosaurs..and they'd sing-"Nick nick nick nick na-nick nick nick..nickelodeon!!!!"  Some of them were made of clay, and some of them were cartoons.  I loved that stuff.  I wish you could get them on dvd!

Written By: C on 05/28/05 at 6:14 am

OMG I totally miss all the old shows!  ALL THAT used to rock my world i cant wait for it to comeout on DVD. but only the real ALL THAT with like danny Tambereliand amanda bynes and kenan and kel and lori-beth dinberg and nick cannon.  wat happend? now it sux.  u just cant top the original!  :)

Thats not even the orginal cast, keenan and kel and lori beth were but not the rest

Written By: Cutie32 on 05/29/05 at 7:05 pm

Awww.

I miss "You're On"- Salute you shorts- Alegra's Window-Eurekas Castle-Rockos Moddern Life-Nick Arcade-GUTS-Figure it out- Legends of the hidden temple- clarrisa explains it al ( they just relesed all the episodes on DVD!!!)

and sooo much moree

Written By: bluelucky13 on 05/29/05 at 7:10 pm

I don't know if you guys mentioned it or not but did any of you ever watch "The tomorrow people" on Nick? OR the show "Fifteen"? I loved those shows! I think my favorites were Clarissa, The tomorrow people, Fifteen, Roundhouse (was that the name of it?), and Salute your shorts. I miss old nickelodeon. They should have a Nick Classic or something and show all their old shows. Kinda like TV land for a different generation!

Subject: Old School Nickelodeon (DVD Releases)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/05/05 at 6:01 pm

On May 17, 2005, the first two titles in what is proposed to be the Nickelodeon Rewind Collection, were released on DVD. They are the first seasons of Adventures of Pete & Pete and (as previously mentioned by cutie33) Clarissa Explains It All. If you're a guy and love dark humor, obscure celebrity guests, and TV shows with a cult/underground/indie vibe, or you're just a fan of Michael Maronna, I recommend Pete & Pete; I miss this show terribly and I should add this to my Xmas list this year unless I get it early. If you're a girl, or if you're just a guy who thinks Malissa Joan Hart was cute back then, check out the Clarissa DVDs.

I've heard that Clarissa is kinda cry on extra features. But Pete & Pete is loaded with the original shorts and specials, except for those that are probably slated to appear on the Season 2 & 3 DVDs (Season 2 has just been announced because it's been selling like hot cakes). The DVDs also include all 8 original episodes, but 5 of the original specials/shorts before it became a series, and a section where you can listen to Polaris tunes, like the theme. I think that fans of the shows should buy both titles just so that both shows have additional seasons released. And if they sell exceptionally well (which they are), then we can look forawrd to DVDs of: The original All That, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, You Can't Do That On Television, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Fifteen, etc.

And keep signing the petition in my signature to bring back the original All That! Let Nickelodeon know that people remember Old School Nick and they weant it back any way they can.

Written By: Gamerguy32123 on 06/06/05 at 12:32 am

This has been really bothering me. Does anyone remember this one character that kind of hosted nick for a while. i think he might have been a pickle that lived in the refrigerator. but one thing that really sticks out in my mind is someone asking him how many toe nails were in the world. and he deduced that there were 6 billion pple so there had to be about 60 billion toe nails in the world. i also think this was around the time of stick stickly or something like that.it would be really nice if someone knew this so i guess i can be hopefull, OK thats it.

Written By: BloodyCriticism on 06/09/05 at 2:03 pm

Oh. The memories. *Teary eyed.*

I loved old school nickelodeon and I miss it terribly. Even though I really never liked Pete & Pete I did enjoy Clarissa Explains it All, Wild and Crazy Kids, Double Dare, Salute Your Shorts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, OLD All That (with the cast members like Josh, Lori Beth, Kenan, Kel, and Alisa along with others I can't remember), Figure it Out, Allegra's Window (Nick Jr. at its best), Eurerka's Castle, The Busy World of Richard Scarry (sp?), Rupert, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Angry Beavers, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, My Brother & Me, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, old Blues Clues, early Rugrats, Doug, GUTS, You're On!, Nick Arcade, Alex Mac, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and ect, ect.

One thing I have realized though is that Salute Your Shorts sometimes comes on the Nickeloden GAS channel along with Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and Nick Arcade. And the channel NickTOONS shows Rocko's Modern Life, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Doug, old Rugrats, Kablam, Anamaniacs, Tiny Toons, and they WERE showing Angry Beavers but they stopped.

Btw, does anyone remember how on Sundays Nick used to show all kinds of movies?

Written By: Jammy on 06/11/05 at 8:56 am

Yeah, I'm only 15 but I really miss the old nick.. I can remember when the presenters were actually interesting, I used to love Moonia and Yiolanda, and i can remember Watch your own wednesday, where you could phone up and vote what program you wanted to watch for FREE!

Im suprised no one has mentioned Bailey Kippers P.O.V, i used to love that program along with clarissa, alex mack, Saved by the bell, are you afraid of the dark, rockos modern life etc.
And i can vaguely remember this program had something to do with a newspaper.. And thats about all i can remember.

The only programs from the last couple of years i have bothered to watch are As told by ginger, Sabrina and spongebob.

Oh yeah, and i was just wondering, was Kablam that cartoon thing with the action figures?

Written By: CAren on 06/11/05 at 8:44 pm

I was a avid Nick watcher as a child.
I watched: Salute

Written By: CAren on 06/11/05 at 8:48 pm

I was a avid Nick watcher as a child.
I watched: Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Inspector Gadget, Global Guts, David the Gnome, Secret World of Alex Mack, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Clarissa Explains It All, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Double Dare (Old one of coarse), Legends of the Hidden Temple, Ren & Stimpy, and more, but I can't remember the names.

If I had known they wouldn't be on air anymore, I would have taped them.

All I ask is they take time and show some of the old shows for us. Just a day.

Written By: Margie1988 on 06/13/05 at 6:00 pm

So Do I  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

sigh....i miss old nick too.  Hey Dude was awesome, and I always wanted to be on Double Dare, i rmr when they used to have celebrities come on the show...I was so mad i wanted to be on soooo bad.

Also, does anyone rmr David the Gnome, The Busy World of Richard Scarry, Papa Beaver's Storytime, Rupert, and Eurekas Castle Roundhouse, and Global Guts to name a few?  BTW, was nick arcade hosted by a black guy named phil?

BloodyCriticism ....thanks for listing all of those awesome shows :)

Whenever my life gets me so down i know i can go down
to where the music and the fun never ends
as long as the music is playin
if you know what im sayin
i know that i can have a friend
down at the roundhouse

--does anyone here rmr that game show Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? and that show on PBS w/ the old guy that painted some really amazing paintings?

One Last thing, I really do think that they should create a network where all they do is show old school nick, it would pull in a lot of faithful viewers.i have a little brother who is 9 (born in '95) that always tells me about how cool the shows were back in the 90s (ive shown him a couple of old tapes i have).  Viacom should really take that idea into consideration.

Written By: Queenanne on 06/16/05 at 1:28 am

Does anyone remember an old show, can't remember if it was on Nick Jr. or not, with two women and a guy. I think one of the women was named Sharon and the guy's name was Bram or Bran? I used to love that show.

Written By: alana on 06/16/05 at 3:48 am

it was not nick it was tlc but itit wasappyland and he drew the song is did u evEvaawannaaint did u evEvaraw did u evEvaanna recreate any thing at all but now u can at pappy land sometin somethin pappy pappy drew it we drew pappy land  :o

Written By: alana on 06/16/05 at 3:55 am

I used to watch it for You Can't Do That On Television but now I rarely watch it.

Howard

my older bro did 2

Written By: shellshock420 on 06/17/05 at 12:20 am

i miss the old school nickelodeon. that's all i ever watched. could anyone tell me the name of an old game show that used to come on? the panelists were stars from shows like All That. and they had to guess something that a kid had invented or some talent they had. i just thought of the show earlier and i can't remember the freekin name and it's gettin on my nerves!!!! help

Written By: margie1988 on 06/20/05 at 2:30 am

Was this Nickelodeon? I can't remember all the names, but my kids used to watch The Little Bits, David the Gnome, and the one about the twin koala bears that lived in the tree outside a little girl's bedroom window. There was some weird lizard running around in the show, too, but I never got the connection.

Also, what was the name of the show about the family that lived on the little island with Binya-Binya?

The two koala bears were called pinky and blinky.

Written By: Margie1988 on 06/20/05 at 2:34 am

i miss the old school nickelodeon. that's all i ever watched. could anyone tell me the name of an old game show that used to come on? the panelists were stars from shows like All That. and they had to guess something that a kid had invented or some talent they had. i just thought of the show earlier and i can't remember the freekin name and it's gettin on my nerves!!!! help

The show was called Figure It Out....sorry to say that i didnt like that show too much.

Written By: Eddy on 06/20/05 at 10:25 am

http://imdb.com/title/tt0108921/
Was there really a character in this show called Lars Frederickson?

Anyone remember Gumby?  That was okay.

Written By: jen on 06/20/05 at 6:27 pm

YESSSS!!! I LOVE GUMBY!!

I miss the old school classics so much and we like write a letter to nick or something cuz i really think we need a station with all the CLASSICS!!!!!! :\'( :\'(

Written By: AMber on 06/21/05 at 10:59 am

FRED PENNER....

Canadian???

Written By: AMber on 06/21/05 at 11:02 am

Does anyone remember an old show, can't remember if it was on Nick Jr. or not, with two women and a guy. I think one of the women was named Sharon and the guy's name was Bram or Bran? I used to love that show.

"The Elephant Show" ... w/ children's entertainers Sharon, Lois and Bram

Written By: AMber on 06/21/05 at 11:05 am

Im suprised no one has mentioned Bailey Kippers P.O.V, i used to love that program along with clarissa, alex mack, Saved by the bell, are you afraid of the dark, rockos modern life etc.
And i can vaguely remember this program had something to do with a newspaper.. And thats about all i can remember.

I'm thinking that the newspaper one might be "Read All About It"...

Written By: Patrick on 06/24/05 at 11:27 am

Alex I agree totally with you! SALUTE YOUR SHORTS, CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL, DINOSAURS, PETE AND PETE, WHAT WOULD YOU DO! I loved these shows so much, I miss them and would love to see them on DVD, I would buy them right away!

We run, we jump, we swim and play
We row and go on trips
But the things that last forever.....our dear friendships
Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you
It makes me wanna fart!
Its I hope we never part! Now get it right or pay the price!
Now we will share a lifetime of the fondest memories
By the lake of Anawanna
Set in the old pinetrees
Camp Anawanna
We hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you
This thing came apart
Think Anawanna, Speak Anawanna, Live Anawanna, UG!

Written By: Andrea on 06/24/05 at 6:50 pm

I really miss the old nickelodeon.  Like Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Pete and Pete... Now there is nothing on Nickelodeon.  I miss the old cast of All That.  And don't even get me started on Weinerville.  But does anyone remember the name of an old gameshow.  I don't remember all of the challenges but the ending was a red team, blue team and purple team climb a mountain with boulders and snow... ring any bells?  Also, is it called Legends of the Hidden Temple gameshow?

the name of that game show is Global Guts

Written By: MK on 06/25/05 at 7:40 pm

i remeber where in the world is carmen sandiego and also after that they had where in time is carmen sandiego

Written By: Dukefan on 06/26/05 at 7:00 am

I think WITW is Carmen Sandiego was a PBS show rather than a Nickelodeon show.  (PBS brings back some good memories too...Shining Time Station, Mr. Rodgers, Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow...I use to love watching PBS until I "grew up into" Nickelodeon and The Disney Channel)

Written By: Kal on 06/26/05 at 8:15 pm

Hi. I'm not sure, but the cartoon you're thinkng of might be David and the Gnomes. He was a little guy that lived in a tree with a family and he had a pet fox names Swift? I dunno if that's it, but it was a great cartoon. :)

Written By: jane on 06/28/05 at 5:33 pm

i totally miss all these shows so much! that is all i used to watch...what happened to nick...they should bring back SHELBY WU, WEINERVILLE, PETE & PETE, HEY DUDE, SALUTE YOUR SHORTS, ALLEGRA'S WINDOW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO, DOUBLE DARE, EUREKA'S CASTLE, GUMBY, AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING THAT WAS PLAYED ON SNICK OR NICK JR.!  man i miss them all so much

does anyone rember a show about a couch in a room with concrete floors...that's all i really remember about?

Written By: teyie on 07/01/05 at 1:53 am

i just picked up pete & pete tonight.  i'm so excited about are you afraid of the dark, salute your shorts, and you can't do that on television coming out!

i picked up eerie, indiana about a month ago.  i had totally forgotten about the first episode with the lady who locks her sons in tupperware to keep them young.  lol.  weird show

Written By: Guest on 07/06/05 at 6:53 pm

Does anyone know the gameshow on Nick where people went into a video game or a TV or something?

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 9:25 am

yes thats called nick arcade it ran from 1992 to 1994

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 9:29 am

OLD NICK ROCKED forget all the cartoons of today and remember these great shows

Double Dare(my fav)
What would you do
Guts
Finders Keepers
Ledgends of the hidden temple
Pete and Pete
Salute your Shorts
Freshman
Hey Dude
Weinerville
Alex Mack
Are you afraid of the dark
and Nick arcade
                                            just to name a FEW of the GREAT shows! i hope nick brings back at least some of these gems

P.S. who could forget Stick Stickly (lol)

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 9:32 am

;D ;D ;D

I JUST FOUND A CHANNEL CALLED NICK GAS(games and sports) IT PLAYS ALL THE CLASSIC NICK GAME SHOWS!!!!!!!!!(cremes pants)

Written By: CSM1986 on 07/13/05 at 9:36 am

Legends of the Hidden Temple >>>> All

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 9:37 am

hell ya i loved that (i really was scared of omar the talking rock)

Written By: CSM1986 on 07/13/05 at 9:41 am

lol, I always thought the Host of the Show (Kirk Fogg) was that guy from the movie "Airplane!"

Guess I was wrong  :-\\

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 9:42 am

lol i hated him he was weird best host was MARC SUMMERS for sure

Written By: CSM1986 on 07/13/05 at 9:43 am

Yeah, Marc Summers (The Neat Freak) ruled all!

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 9:46 am

doing double dare was hell for him (OCD) the pies, the slime

but his entry with harvey was great ( The HOST MARC SUMMERS

Written By: Ashley jahns on 07/16/05 at 11:46 am

:) me too I miss all the old nickelodeon shows
like invadter zim and legnes of the hiden temple and also are you afraide of the dark

Written By: ashlikestrees on 07/16/05 at 2:39 pm

it was not nick it was tlc but itit wasappyland and he drew the song is did u evEvaawannaaint did u evEvaraw did u evEvaanna recreate any thing at all but now u can at pappy land sometin somethin pappy pappy drew it we drew pappy land  :o

that^^^ Was the show on PBS called "Pappy Drew It" or "Pappy Land"

Written By: j2002 on 07/18/05 at 5:02 pm

That was The Elephant Show, and yes i think her name was Sharon. I'm pretty sure the guy's name was Bram or Gram.

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/19/05 at 8:09 am

dude invader zim is from like 2002 thats deffinatley not classic nick :P

Written By: annonymouse on 07/20/05 at 1:27 pm

hey this is to who ever started this post ,    rockos modern life rocks. that was my favorite show.

"ello heafer"

Written By: ren on 07/21/05 at 2:43 am

Does anyone remember the show Roundhouse?

Written By: Justin on 07/23/05 at 7:52 pm

I don't know if you guys know this or not but spongebob actually existed in 1992-1993...it just wasnt recieved well and it got shut down after the pilot...i thought it was the funniest ever but i guess no one got it....the first season of spongebob is reminiscant of the pilot (in fact the marching band episode was the pilot back in 1992) but the new episodes are complete garbage...so toned down...by the way if you notice, alot of the new nick shows are watered down and babyish...if you watch classic nick there is so much dirty humor involved but thats what made it funny...too bad you have to be sheltered in today's culture   :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/23/05 at 9:12 pm

Old School for me was Heathcliff, Double Dare, Inspector Gadget, You Can't Do That on Television, the Littles and those bouncing gnomes - but as for the 90's I watched Clarissa Explains it All, Salute your Shorts, Freshman, and some show I think about a Dude ranch called Hey Dude!. Also, I liked the "Are you afraid of the Dark?" series. After about 1995, I just about abandoned Nick's newer shows. I think Rugrats was a bit past my prime, as I never quite got into that show and so was Doug. Neither appealed to me. I thought the animation sucked, lol.

Written By: rich1981 on 07/23/05 at 9:33 pm

Today's Special and Pinwheel were the first few Nick shows I've seen back in 1987 and that's howI was introduced to Nickelodeon.

Written By: jarjar23 on 07/28/05 at 3:47 am

Check these out...

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KRW5V0KUT8RC30DBWZQEULN6I

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JZ8524VHKEW935KRMZEALWSTG

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1T6FBM2WQOL8G3DIVDUGR0IR3S

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LWM9AGEY900Y2F3AT2F86W8KA

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FTM5MBERKRHE06AOFZLTHN05U

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34G7XMMVYPBAW2LGRCPM535WXC

I think one of the best part of the Nickelodeon network, back in the days, was the stuff "in-betwwen" the shows.  These clips basically show how creative Nick was back then and how they took thier time to connect with the viewer.  Turn on Nick today, and this is what you get...

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25WS0LAYXE8QO0ADUR5767K1R6

Not only is it promoting a mindless show very annoyingly, but, yes, Nick uses split freakin screens for thier closing credits!!!! 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/28/05 at 3:56 am

Today's Special and Pinwheel were the first few Nick shows I've seen back in 1987 and that's howI was introduced to Nickelodeon.

Was "Today's Special" that show that was a bout a department store that had mannequin's come to life after the store closed? Didn't it have some kind of mouse that lived inside something and some other critters had to go up an elevator to visit it? I must be going crazy, but I could've sworn that was some of what happened in the show.

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 07/28/05 at 7:09 am

I used to like Pinwheel

Written By: jarjar23 on 07/29/05 at 9:51 pm

btw, that zoey 101 video in the bunch I posted was a mistake, lol.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/29/05 at 10:35 pm

Was "Today's Special" that show that was a bout a department store that had mannequin's come to life after the store closed? Didn't it have some kind of mouse that lived inside something and some other critters had to go up an elevator to visit it? I must be going crazy, but I could've sworn that was some of what happened in the show.

yes, that's exactly it! The mouse's name was Muffy and the security guard puppet's name was Sam. The mannequin's name was Jeff...and the lady who worked in the store..her name was Jodie. I used to watch that show all the time with my younger sister.

Written By: alisha on 07/30/05 at 9:25 pm

http://www.petitiononline.com/ncqtpie2/petition.html

click there if u want to help petition for our old nick shows back!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/31/05 at 2:03 am

yes, that's exactly it! The mouse's name was Muffy and the security guard puppet's name was Sam. The mannequin's name was Jeff...and the lady who worked in the store..her name was Jodie. I used to watch that show all the time with my younger sister.

Yeah, I remember trying to recall that with my brother - I have no idea why that show, and especially the mouse, seemed to stick out in my mind - and the beginning of the show - the credits are very vivid for me.. it's sooo strange! I thought that mouse was sooo cute - she talked soo old and was sort of like a mouse version of Blanche Du Bois from "A Streetcar Named Desire," lol.

Written By: Lindsayej1983 on 07/31/05 at 1:51 pm

That show with the clues was called Finder Keepers I believe!

Written By: DaChazman on 07/31/05 at 3:52 pm

Anyone remeber Space Cases?
I vaugely remember it.

Written By: jamesking007b on 08/01/05 at 12:36 pm

I really love  Hey dude they need to bring that back. oh and how could forget count duckula or danger mouse , welcome freshmen

Written By: woops on 08/01/05 at 3:36 pm

I only liked Ren & Stimpy and Looney Tunes...

And a few shows that I don't want to admit that I watched since most I now find annoying (from finding tapes at a video rental)

Written By: Nicole Pettigrew on 08/04/05 at 11:50 am

Attention!!!

To anyone on this forum who loves old school Nickelodeon as much as you say, PLEASE read the following!!!!

There is a newly founded petition going around asking for your signatures in order to bring BACK your favorite classics!!!!
Once enough signatures are accomplished it will be brought to Viacom (who owns Nickelodeon)

So if you'd like to help please simply sign your name (which is not publically displayed) to this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/nicklove/petition.htm
or click the link to read more about the petition.

Thank you so much, question and comments are appriciated; and so is the spreading and sending of this petition nationally!

Written By: makdafi on 08/04/05 at 12:06 pm

I really miss the old school in many aspects, but definitely when it comes to nickelodeon, it's just not as good as it used to be, but sometimes you'll catch some old school shows on Gas/Nicktoons.

Written By: aznbabiie1432 on 08/09/05 at 11:56 pm

does anybody remember that show called "  Under the umbrella tree" ?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/10/05 at 12:11 am

does anybody remember that show called "  Under the umbrella tree" ?

I do. I loved it. I use to watch it everytime it was on. I use to think I wanted to be like the lady who had the house with the umbrella tree and shared it with those muppet like characters. I think one was a bird of some sort. I think he was a blue bird. The other's I can't quite place right now.. but, yes, I remember that show very, very well.

Written By: bdl on 08/12/05 at 10:46 pm

What year were all of you born in...I just think it will be interesting seeing what ages remember what shows (1984 myself)

The shows I miss are Mya the Bee, Heathcliffe, Inspector Gadget, The Elephant Show, Hey Dude, David the Gnome, Double Dare, What Would you Do?, Salute Your Shorts.....I also used to think Snick at Night was the coolest thing ever and loved Are you Afraid of the Dark.

hehe....does everyone remember..........

Skinnamarinkydinkydink.  Skinnamarinkydoo.  I - Love - You!

I love you in the morning and in the afternoon.

I love you in the evening, underneath the moon.

Skinnamarinkydinkydink.  Skinnamarinkydoo.  I - Love - You!

Skinnamarinkydoo, I - Love - You -- Too!.

Great times!

Written By: Sifl on 08/14/05 at 9:26 pm

I do. I loved it. I use to watch it everytime it was on. I use to think I wanted to be like the lady who had the house with the umbrella tree and shared it with those muppet like characters. I think one was a bird of some sort. I think he was a blue bird. The other's I can't quite place right now.. but, yes, I remember that show very, very well.

Jay the Bluejay

Along with Gloria Gopher and Iggy Iguana, aired in the Disney Channel

Written By: Olly on 08/14/05 at 9:27 pm

Jacob Blue Jay to be exact  :)

Written By: David on 08/17/05 at 11:08 am

Tv shows like Rockos Modern life & Ren & Stimpy are on nicktoons tv. Other Tv shows like Guts & Double Dare are on Gas.

Written By: onlytranslating on 08/17/05 at 8:18 pm

SNICK?

Does anyone know if they still slime people all the time?

Written By: Steve on 08/18/05 at 12:45 am

This site has a list of every Nickelodeon show:

ClassicNick.com

Written By: xoxobebe82 on 08/18/05 at 7:13 am

I used to like "Alex Mack"
That was an awesome show!!
  ;D

Written By: jaypunkchick1 on 08/18/05 at 11:06 pm

I use to love Pete and Pete, rocko's modern life,ren and stimpy,the legend of the hidden temple, and gula gula island omg those shows rocked

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 08/23/05 at 10:55 am

Does anybody remember the zoo show Wild Side?

Written By: Magnum,PI {2} on 08/23/05 at 2:28 pm

roccos modern life ren and stimpy guts and more CLASSIC NICK RULES :)

Written By: CSM1986 on 08/23/05 at 3:07 pm

All of my Favorite Nick Shows Growing Up...
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Legends of the Hidden Temple

Rugrats

Doug

Rocko's Modern Life

Roundhouse

All-That (The Earlier Years)

The Secret World of Alex Mack

You Can't Do That On Television

What Would You Do?

Nick Arcade

Salute Your Shorts

Wild & Crazy Kids

Written By: CSM1986 on 08/23/05 at 3:29 pm

Oh Yeah, and I almost forgot "Stick Stickly"

Written By: Magnum,PI {2} on 08/23/05 at 3:40 pm

heh stick stickly was the man ;) so simple but the man ;)

Written By: nick on 08/24/05 at 11:50 am

I use to love Pete and Pete, rocko's modern life,ren and stimpy,the legend of the hidden temple, and gula gula island omg those shows rocked

gula gula island kickd ass evry 1 who says no should hang there selves tht was the best show evr, evn with binya binya poly wog

Written By: kristy on 08/25/05 at 5:17 pm

I am burning all my roundhouse episodes onto DVD and if you pay for the DVD I will make you copies.
Just email me in a few weeks my master DVD should be done.
Take care.
I'll be doing Clarissa shortly after this.

Written By: chris kuntz on 08/29/05 at 12:02 pm

does anyone remember on all-that when kel was that repair man and always said repair man man man man man man man man and so on. than he always busted something. or does anyone remember finders keepers. or double dare i miss my childhood  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: rich1981 on 08/30/05 at 1:31 am

Another one I remember from All That was Kenan as Pierre Escargot, he was so hilarious  ;D.

Written By: Kim on 09/02/05 at 11:42 am

I am still kind of young, but i remember the good stuff!! Doug is one of my favorite shows, along with pete and pete salute ur shorts, clarissa, wild and crazy kids...the new stuff sucks! I REALLY MISS DOUG! :\'(

Written By: Rozy ET, WI on 09/05/05 at 1:05 am

Oh, wasn't it Stick Stickly and then there was Pizza Face who was always smashed by a giant hand and would scream, 'oh no!' or something retarded.....hard to remember.

Shows I remember: SNICK with Are You Afraid of the Dark, old All That, Rugrats and something else... then there's Pete and Pete, My Brother and Me, Doug(the original), old Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Ahh! Real Monsters, Alex Mack, Double Dare, Figure It Out(with Summer), Rocko's Modern Life, Beetle Juice, Looney Toons, Little Tiny Looney Toons(or something like that),  Pinky and the Brain with Animaniacs I think, Clarrisara Explains It All, can't forget Keenan and Kel, Allen Strange(show with weird alien kid from Zeon or something that lived in caccoon in kids room), Salute My Shorts I'm guessing was with Camp Onawana and the camp counselor they didn't like, and that's all I can think of... by the way this is between the time frame 1992 and 1997.  In case you were wondering, yes, I grew up on Nick and loved it...oh and yes I have a good memory of this.  I HOPE THEY HAVE AN OLD SCHOOL NICK CHANNEL!!!  One that would set it up the old way or play back Nick starting from a certain year or something.

Written By: Rozy ET, WI on 09/05/05 at 1:08 am

I can't believe I left out Ren and Stimpy...whoops!

Written By: Rozy ET, WI on 09/05/05 at 8:15 pm

Oh, and also Kablam! and the many game shows with the slime and such...

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/05/05 at 10:47 pm

I miss Salute ur shorts too...... My brother liked the show, Im 32 so I was a little older to really get into it < or so i thought>. I loved loved loved UG!!! He was the best.  I saw him on an episod of Arliss not too long ago.  I would love to get the dvd of the show, It would be a hoot to see the eppys agian

Written By: Allison on 09/15/05 at 12:28 am

What about roundhouse  the pre- or co All That ??

Also Global Guts, original double dare-- I loved david the gnome, and eurikas castle....

Written By: YWN on 09/19/05 at 7:57 pm

I stopped watching Nickelodeon shortly after Spongebob became popular.  Spongebob, the stupid show about the freaking stupid cats, it is all mindless.  Angry Beavers was mindless too, but it was funny and mindless.

I liked "Figure It Out".  I think the last good show they had was "Invader Zim" but they canceled it pretty quick.

Written By: i am the ssssshhht on 09/20/05 at 8:00 am

what was the mean kids name on Solute Your Shorts....skudface?? i cant remember... but everyone is forgetting an unforgettable show to go along with all these... Hey Dude.  anyways, im right there with all of you. i hate all the new nick shows, and All That used to be good. anyways...thanks for you time.lol ???

Written By: JarethsCrystal on 09/20/05 at 3:08 pm

I miss Hey Dude!, Fifteen (remember that show?!), Clarissa, etc...I just don't dig the shows they have on now. My little brother is 11 and he watches it. Talk about obnoxious.

Written By: goerikat on 09/20/05 at 4:18 pm

I always thought GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple were the same show... hm.

I remember once on Figure It Out, a boy ate cereal out of his brother's chest bowl. I didn't think it was that amazing. Another time there was a boy with a ridiculously long rat tail. *shivers* guh-ross.

Anyone recall The Secret Life of Allen Strange? I don't think it was on too long, but I do remember it.

Thanks for bringing back memories, guys.

Written By: YWN on 09/20/05 at 4:31 pm

Allen Strange was a terriblie show.  :P

Written By: Heidi366 on 09/20/05 at 9:51 pm

Does anyone remember the format for the nick show Double Dare?  I am trying to do a remake for my friend's birthday party.

Written By: Mike on 09/21/05 at 4:35 pm

Does anyone remember the show "welcome freshmen"?  I remember it being on around the same time as "fifteen".

Written By: katie on 09/22/05 at 11:05 pm

If you have comcast they have a channel I think it's called GAS-it has all the old game shows that you guys are talking about.  I've seen legends of the hidden temple, guts, figure it out, finders keepers, and double dare.  They play all day!  I just bought Clarissa explains it all tonight I can't wait to watch it.  Anyone hear if salute your shorts or hey dude are coming out on dvd? 

Written By: katie on 09/22/05 at 11:13 pm

just found a list of shows: 
Adventures of Black Beauty

Adventures of Pete & Pete

Adventures of the Little Koala

Against the Odds

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Bananaman

Belle and Sebastian

Clarissa Explains It All

Count Duckula

Curious George

Danger Mouse

David the Gnome

Dennis the Menace

Doctor Snuggles

Don't Just Sit There!

Double Dare

Eureeka's Castle

Fifteen

Finder's Keepers

Flipper

Going Great

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics

Heathcliff

Hey Dude

Inspector Gadget

Kid's Court

Lance Link: Secret Chimp

Lassie

Littl' Bits

Little Prince

Livewire

Looney Toons

Make the Grade

Mapletown

Maya the Bee

Mister Wizard

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Nick News

Nick Rocks

Noozles

Out of Control

Picture Pages

Pinwheel

Salute Your Shorts

Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show

Sixteen Cinema

Sk8 TV

Spartakus & the Sun Beneath the Sea

Special Delivery

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Third Eye

Today's Special

Turkey TV

Welcome Freshman

Wild & Crazy Kids

You Can't Do That on Television

Zoo Family

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/22/05 at 11:40 pm

i loved salute ur shorts and pete and pete..... U CANT DO THAT ON TELE WAS AWESOME

Written By: Vera on 09/23/05 at 5:19 pm

okay this has been driving me crazy.. i used to watch this show in  the mid 90s in london bt it was an american show about two girl-friends entering teenage years.. one of them came from an italian family and had like 3 brothers and was pretty tom-boyish and the others name was amanda, she was kinda boy crazy and always wanted to be one of the popular girls or at least fit in  and lived with her mother (parents divorced half way through i believe). the show was just about their every day life as young teens, meeting boys, fitting in, entering women hood.. so on and on.. i have been looking everywhere and i cannot remember the name.. any cluess?????? anyone  :D

Written By: L on 09/30/05 at 1:00 pm

Nickelodeon gave me so many great memories, it's a shame it is so lame today showing all these futuristic stupid boring pointless cartoons. Anyone remember Under the Umbrella tree on Disney and Dumbos's Circus, Disney is still good but the only thing i watch is "that's so raven". Cartoon network is lame too, But i like watchin Static Shock. I want to get Boomerang so I can see all those Cartoon before CN started showing Peokemon and all them boring cartoons. Kids these days just don't kinow what they are missing.

Written By: frosty on 10/07/05 at 2:33 pm

okay this has been driving me crazy.. i used to watch this show in  the mid 90s in london bt it was an american show about two girl-friends entering teenage years.. one of them came from an italian family and had like 3 brothers and was pretty tom-boyish and the others name was amanda, she was kinda boy crazy and always wanted to be one of the popular girls or at least fit in  and lived with her mother (parents divorced half way through i believe). the show was just about their every day life as young teens, meeting boys, fitting in, entering women hood.. so on and on.. i have been looking everywhere and i cannot remember the name.. any cluess?????? anyone  :D

My god, the shows talked about on this board were absolute classics. How I long for the days of being 6 years old and watching these again (I'm 21 now). Time went by so quick. Anyway, in answer to this question, your description sounds like a show that I actually don't believe was on Nick, but Disney. It was called, "Ready or Not." Amanda was the main character and she had a friend named "Bizzy?" It was like you described. Hope this helps. It was a good show!

Written By: HeyDudeRocks on 10/07/05 at 10:22 pm

Oh PLease! Boo-hoo...you want to talk about depressing, bitch?! How about the fact that Hey Dude is no longer on the air...EVER! At least you get crappy Full House re-runs on the Family chanel. F-you!

-FHF
>:(

Written By: TarzSp on 10/07/05 at 10:32 pm

Oh PLease! Boo-hoo...you want to talk about depressing, bitch?! How about the fact that Hey Dude is no longer on the air...EVER! At least you get crappy Full House re-runs on the Family chanel. F-you!

>:(

Idiot

Written By: L on 10/07/05 at 10:57 pm

Hey, this is not classic Nick but Classic Disney, do u all remember Dumbo's Circus, Under the umbrella tree, Mickey Mouse Club, Kids Incorporated, and it was this other cartoon about a talking Robot that came on in the afternoons

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/05 at 11:02 pm

Hey, this is not classic Nick but Classic Disney, do u all remember Dumbo's Circus, Under the umbrella tree, Mickey Mouse Club, Kids Incorporated, and it was this other cartoon about a talking Robot that came on in the afternoons

I remember Under the Umbrella Tree.  It was a CBC Canada series (also shown in America on the Disney Channel) that ran from 1986-1993.  I used to have a crush on Holly Laroque, the lady that hosted the show :)

Written By: J-Hova on 10/13/05 at 1:53 pm

I miss the days when Snick was Are You Afraid Of the Dark and Round House and Clarrisa Explains It Al....and that rediculous orange couch

I remember when Nick was David the Gnome and the Lil bits and Muppet Babies...i think im gonna cry.l

Written By: NiCoLe on 10/14/05 at 12:56 am

i miss those shows too! plus are you afraid of the dark? the old ones though.... i downloaded and episode of that and 2 of salute your shorts and it wa so cool to see it again, so u guys should try downloading them!

Subject: PAST TV. I SAW TRUMB UP (CHANNEL PAST NICK KIDS & NICK AT NITE )

Written By: Ion McKinney on 10/17/05 at 5:11 pm

*1.BRAINEGG'S GAMES HBO.(HBO Family)
*2.Pinwheel WOMAN MIME Coco.(Nickelodeon)
3.You Can't Do That on Television. (Nickelodeon)
4.Dick TRACKY (CARTOON NETWORK).
*5.Today's Special.(Nickelodeon)
*6.Picture Pages with Bill Cosby (Nickelodeon)
*7.THE CONVITEN.
TOWER SERVICE.BLACK DRESSING, WHITE APON & SHOULD CATERING.(NITE AT NICK)
8.NURSE SERVICE.(NITE AT NICK)
*9.STARRING AS THE ROPERS.(NITE AT NICK)
10.THE THREE COMPANY 2.(NITE AT NICK)
11.Dennis the Menace.(BOOMRANG TOON).
12.Beetlejuice (Nickelodeon) or
BOOMRANG TOON.
*13 SCIENCE WORLD..(ABC) or (Nickelodeon)
*14.Inspector Gadget (Nickelodeon)
*15.Out of Control with Dave Co (Nickelodeon)
*16.Mister Wizard's World. with Mr.Wizard (Nickelodeon)
17.The Monkees(NITE AT NICK)
18.Green Acres(NITE AT NICK)
*19. Laugh-In(NITE AT NICK
20.The Donna Reed Show(NITE AT NICK)
*21.WKRP in Cincinnati(NITE AT NICK)
22.The Jeffersons(NITE AT NICK)
*23.Perfect Strangers(NITE AT NICK)
24.Charles in Charge(NITE AT NICK)
25.The Gumby Show (Nickelodeon)
26.Bill Nye, the Science Guy (Nickelodeon)
27.Bananaman (Nickelodeon)
*28.The Mysterious Cities of Gold (Nickelodeon)
29.Adventures of the Little Koala (Nickelodeon)
30.The Facts of Life(NITE AT NICK)
31.227 (NITE AT NICK)
32.AMEN(NITE AT NICK)
33.Dennis the Menace(NITE AT NICK)
*34.WEINERVILLE(GAME SHOW NICK GAS)
35.Think Fast(GAME SHOW NICK GAS)
*36.HEE HAW (NITE AT NICK)
37.WEBSTER(NITE AT NICK)
*38.WHAT HAPPEN'S(NITE AT NICK)
39.THE CONSEN FAMILY(NITE AT NICK)
*40.ABARMEA KIGHT
41.All New Nick Arcade(NICK GAS)
*42.Hey Dude (Nickelodeon)
*45.Count Duckula (Nickelodeon)
*46.Salute Your Shorts (Nickelodeon)
*47.Danger Mouse (Nickelodeon)
48.PEE-WEE PLAYHOUSE.
*49.PENNY GIRL
*50.Typewritertoon word..(BOOMRANG TOON).
*51.SUITCASE BUNNY

***WONDERFUL***

REMCERBER OLD (1985) I SEE TV LONG LONG AGO KID 6 MAY. 19, 1983
NOW! I WANT SEE!
state c)

Written By: TarzSp on 10/18/05 at 1:29 pm

Anybody remember the show called "My Brother and Me"?

It lasted from 1994 to 1995, I hardly remember it but I do remember watching it.  It was just some show about 2 Brothers and I don't think they got along (I can't really remember)

Written By: dena on 10/23/05 at 3:15 pm

omg . .i seriously miss old school nick . . it used to be such a good channel . .now there are soo many stupid, not funny, and boring shows . .i think they should re-AIR old school shows for sure

Written By: McDonald on 10/23/05 at 5:58 pm

I miss the days when Snick was Are You Afraid Of the Dark and Round House and Clarrisa Explains It Al....and that rediculous orange couch

I remember when Nick was David the Gnome and the Lil bits and Muppet Babies...i think im gonna cry.l

I've downloaded quite a few episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark, it's still a pretty good show. Way Canadian too, now that I think of it. All the actors have accents if you listen for them.

Written By: Billy on 10/24/05 at 8:26 pm

I've actually seen Mike O'Malley and Phil Moore in person. Here in Greensboro, we have the Greensboro Coliseum. Back in 1994, GUTS and Nick Arcade went on the road and appeared in my hometown Greensboro in a GUTS and Nick Arcade combo performance. I don't remember a whole lot about it, except that they had a Mega Crag and a Video Zone and it was a spectacular performance. Even though I didn't meet them in person, I actually saw them in real life. So whenever I watch a rerun of GUTS or Nick Arcade and see Mike or Phil, I can say that I've seen them without a TV.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/25/05 at 11:53 am

i wish they would make a channel specificlly for old school nick. i miss shows like rocco's modern life, my brother and me, nick arcade, wild and crazy kids, are you afraid of the dark, today's special, ren and stimpy, you cant do that on television, Guts, Funhouse, double dare, salute your shorts, pete and pete, figure it out(summer sanders had some tig ols :P), mya the bee, the little kowala, eurka's castle, pinwheel, legend of the hidden temple, welcome freshman....i cant think of anymore but those were the classics   ;) :) ;D :D :o ::)
summer sanders had some what????

Written By: mar and kym on 11/02/05 at 11:29 pm

what was that eartly mornin nick show about the kids on a ranch. i think the girl from dodgeball was on it... ALSO if they still aired old school nick on basic cabletv, even though im older now, id so0oo0o0 friggin watch it

Written By: Leah on 11/03/05 at 8:12 am

Today's Special - Muffy mouse, her little apartment, sam, I think the lady's name was Theresa

Written By: Billy on 11/03/05 at 3:18 pm

Bad news. Nick GAS just got rid of every version of Double Dare except for Double Dare 2000. This unfortunately includes Family Double Dare. :\'( But I did however save 2 episodes from 1992 on tape.

Written By: james on 11/13/05 at 10:15 pm

that show was sharon lois and brams elephant show and not only i use to watch it i want it on dvd so bad. it was my ultimate ultimate show ever when i was younger.
skina marinkee dinkee dink skina marinkee doo i love you. i love you in the morning in the after noon i loved you in the eavning underneath the moon skinna marinkee dink skinna marikee doo i love you i love your singing i love you ill see you next time i i i  i love u too bobo be doo. woo.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Written By: jenny on 11/20/05 at 11:29 pm

OK, I'm sure someone has to have mentioned this by now, but does anyone remember Roundhouse? it was a nighttime skit show from snick.correct me if I'm wrong, which i often am, but isn't it also where the "big orange couch" came from, they always sat in one in the beginning of the show.....i think....anyway, aside from my waning memory, i loved that show!

Subject: Re: Old School Nickelodeon-you forgot

Written By: kellie on 12/02/05 at 7:11 pm

you forgot about the biggiest name of them off that little pop sickle stick i forgot the name but he was the host of all the nick shows remember

stick stickly
remember his little song?
write to me
stick stickley
p o box 9-6-3
new york city
new your state
1-0-1..0-8!

Written By: Haugsby on 12/02/05 at 7:17 pm

Whenever I bring up weinerville, everyone calls me a pervert but I miss that show.
The host was Marc weiner and they had the sidekick boney who sang that song
"I'm boney I'm boney leave me alone-y" and the other side kick socko and at the
end of the show they would put people in those shrink machines and turn them into
\little hot dogs or weiners or somehting?? God I miss that show!!  :\'(

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 12/03/05 at 10:26 pm

Anybody remember the show called "My Brother and Me"?

It lasted from 1994 to 1995, I hardly remember it but I do remember watching it.

Written By: Cary on 12/13/05 at 4:15 am

What was Funhouse? Was that a game show? Cause there's this one game show I can't remember the name of that used to be on Nick. All i can remember was kids running through rooms looking for maybe household objects, I think. I barely remember, really.

Written By: Dukefan on 01/18/06 at 7:49 pm

^I think that was "Finders Keepers".  It ran from 1987 - 1990 on Nickelodeon.

Written By: conquistador on 01/25/06 at 2:37 am

old school nick was the sheesh.

u cant do that on television
pete & pete
rocko's modern life
ren & stimpy
double dare
hey dude
salute your shorts
doug
rugrats
etc.

they were all cool.

Written By: PoodyB on 01/25/06 at 9:25 am

I don't think this show came on Nickelodeon but does anyone remember a show where this guy was inside out and all he ate was healthy food? I have been thinking about this show since forever. I had to have been like 4 or 5 when it came out and I'm 20 going on 21 now.

And I'm glad somebody mentioned "U can't do that on television" because I couldn't remember that show's name either. Maya the Bee was the sheesh and I still can't remember the name of that show with the Koala Bears either

Written By: McDonald on 01/25/06 at 12:03 pm

I was an avid Nickelodeon viewer from 1989 to about 1996, at least. I remember shows like:

Mr. Wizard
U Can't Do That on Television (with Alanis, pre-Teenie Bopper/Juno awards, pre-Jagged Little Pill).
Salute Your Shorts
Are You Afraid of the Dark (great show)
Welcome Freshmen
Hey Dude!
David the Gnome
Roundhouse
some cartoon about a girl whose stuffed Koala bear came alive whenever there were no adults
Inspector Gadget
Eureka's Castle
Muppet Babies
All That (<---- this is part of the reason why rap is so popular today)
Pete and Pete

... there were plenty of others, I can't remember them off hand.

Written By: PoodyB on 01/25/06 at 5:22 pm

I don't think this show came on Nickelodeon but does anyone remember a show where this guy was inside out and all he ate was healthy food? I have been thinking about this show since forever. I had to have been like 4 or 5 when it came out and I'm 20 going on 21 now.

And I'm glad somebody mentioned "U can't do that on television" because I couldn't remember that show's name either. Maya the Bee was the sheesh and I still can't remember the name of that show with the Koala Bears either

the name of the show was Slim Goodybody. Do yall remember that show?

Written By: Bowie on 01/28/06 at 2:00 am

Hey, my name is bowie and i miss all those shows as well. :\'(

Written By: Tiffini on 02/01/06 at 5:17 pm

does anyone remember what the show was called where there was the girl and guy that lived next to each other all there lives and went to school together and like the begining credits it showed them growing up together and they had the cups with a line going across there windows! please help its driving me crazy
tiffini

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 5:41 pm

I really remember that show! My Brother And Me.... the brothers were named Alphie and Dee Dee, and it was an all-black family. I remember one episode where the two were playing a board game and Alphie HAD to say, "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, so Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?" (something along those lines...) in order to win.

Ah, a great show.

I'm gunna throw my two cents in and say that Salute Your shorts and Rocko's Modern Life HAVE to be my favourite old school Nickelodeon shows! <3

I'm also gunna tell ya that I only watch The Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob Squarepants on today's Nick, though. It has children's plots that they can understand, yet the creators throw a little adult-oriented things in there to make it utterly hilartious! Ah, I love it <3

That's early '90s?  My Brother and Me?

I watched, at one time or another (my Nick days are really like 1996-1999, basically the few years before the Spongebob era and tail end of Old School). Some, if not most are reruns:

-Doug
-Rugrats
-Rocko's Modern Life
-Figure It Out
-Ren and Stimpy  :P
-Ahh! Real Monsters
-Are You Afraid of the Dark? (my fav)
-Clarissa Explains it All
-Hey Dude
-Pete and Pete
-Space Cases
-Adventures of Allen Strange
-Kablam! (loved this show then, for some reason.  Probably because it was on at 9:30)
-Kenan and Kel
-Alex Wack
-Shelby Woo
-Cousin Skeeter  :P

Written By: Stompgal on 02/02/06 at 5:38 am

My favourite Nick shows are Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Amanda Show, Rugrats, All Grown Up and SpongeBob SquarePants. I also like Hey Arnold, but they tend to show it on Nick Toons these days.

Written By: lastofthefamous on 02/02/06 at 6:22 am

yeah new nick sux bad! i hate that dumb ass anime show on there. the only new shows  that i really actually like are my dad the rockstar and jimmy nuetron. yep.... i love angry beavers and like a year or so ago they had invader zim and they took it off the air.... i was mad as hell

Written By: 90's kid on 02/23/06 at 11:27 pm

HAHA OMG NICKELODEON IN THE 90'S ...THOSE WERE THE DAYS ... BEST SHOWS I REMEMBER WERE AHHH REAL MONSTERS, ALL THAT (CLASSIC)  , BUT MOST OF ALL  ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK? YEA I USED TO WATCH THAT SHOW EVERY NIGHT I WENT TO SLEEP.. AND I WONDERED WHY  I COULDNT SLEEP ;D

Written By: DaChazman on 02/24/06 at 4:59 pm

My avatar is sure to bring back memories. I just love old bumper animations.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 5:05 pm

Yeah, I was a huge Nickelodeon viewer through about 1998.

-Clarissa Explains It All
-Rocko's Modern Life
-Doug
-Pete and Pete
-Are You Afraid of the Dark?
-All That
-The Kenan and Kel Show
-Rugrats
-Shelby Woo
-Alex Mack
-Kablam!
-Inspector Gadget
-Muppet Babies
-All of the Nick game shows...including that one with Olmec...that was my absolute favorite...

McDonald: I had NEVER thought of All That as a reason for rap's current popularity....whoa....good call.

Written By: Stompgal on 03/01/06 at 5:07 am

I have 4 Nick channels. They are:

Nickelodeon
Nick Replay
Nick Jr
Nick Toons

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/01/06 at 11:07 am

Yeah, I was a huge Nickelodeon viewer through about 1998.

-Clarissa Explains It All
-Rocko's Modern Life
-Doug
-Pete and Pete
-Are You Afraid of the Dark?
-All That
-The Kenan and Kel Show
-Rugrats
-Shelby Woo
-Alex Mack
-Kablam!
-Inspector Gadget
-Muppet Babies
-All of the Nick game shows...including that one with Olmec...that was my absolute favorite...

Great list. I think I gave up on nick in 2000 but not at the time because I noticed the decline in show quality but because I thought I was getting too old to watch it. But its pretty much good that I stopped watching when I did. I first watched nick when I was 3 in 1990 but my peak years were probably '92-'97 after that I started wathcing it alot less. My personal all time favorite would probably be pete and pete.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/01/06 at 12:28 pm

Great list. I think I gave up on nick in 2000 but not at the time because I noticed the decline in show quality but because I thought I was getting too old to watch it. But its pretty much good that I stopped watching when I did. I first watched nick when I was 3 in 1990 but my peak years were probably '92-'97 after that I started wathcing it alot less. My personal all time favorite would probably be pete and pete.

I think my peak was 93-98 though I still occasionally watched in '99/'00 or so, but by then my love was really for other things. By 5th grade I'd quit.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/01/06 at 3:35 pm

I can't help but find it a little amusing how you're all talking about Nickelodeon from 1995 as being "old school." Nothing wrong with that, it's cool and all, but still I think it's kind of funny.

To me, "old school Nickelodeon" makes me think of seeing the Ramones on "Livewire" in 1980.

I got your old school Nickelodeon right here:

http://members.aol.com/kyl416/myhomepage/Graphics/nick.png

Written By: YAY on 03/01/06 at 5:11 pm

I have 4 Nick channels. They are:

Nickelodeon
Nick Replay
Nick Jr
Nick Toons
    whats Nick Replay?????????? is it reruns from previous shows or what?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/01/06 at 6:26 pm

I can't help but find it a little amusing how you're all talking about Nickelodeon from 1995 as being "old school." Nothing wrong with that, it's cool and all, but still I think it's kind of funny.

To me, "old school Nickelodeon" makes me think of seeing the Ramones on "Livewire" in 1980.

Yeah nick's been around since 1979 I think so I guess that would be the real "old school" nick but I still think late 80's-early 90's nick is old school as well.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/01/06 at 6:39 pm

I got your old school Nickelodeon right here:

http://members.aol.com/kyl416/myhomepage/Graphics/nick.png

Yeah, "old school" Nick is like that for me as well. I watched the old timer's stuff  (1986-1993) and I was a little too old to watch much after 1994 or 1995.

I liked "Today's Special" - That show with Muffy the Mouse up in her condo/elevator thingy.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/01/06 at 6:44 pm

What was on Nick before 1990 or so?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/01/06 at 6:55 pm

That was a little before my time but I know what wasn't and that was nicktoons. The first ones didnt start until 1991.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/01/06 at 7:59 pm

Have you ever seen reruns of a show called "You Can't Do That On Television?" That was probably Nick's best-known show of the 80's. It was a Canadian sketch-comedy show, with a cast made up mostly of teenagers (and a couple of adult regulars) and a rude and juvenile gross-out (yet oddly innocent) kind of humor. I used to watch it all the time back in the 80's, and I thought it was quite funny.
  Nick also showed a lot of reruns of the old 60's Monkees Saturday morning show around that time. It was also a very funny show, and it generated so much renewed interest in the Monkees that the original members reformed the band and went on a national tour in 1986 (to celebrate their 20th anniversary).

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/01/06 at 8:01 pm

Have you ever seen reruns of a show called "You Can't Do That On Television?" That was probably Nick's best-known show of the 80's. It was a Canadian sketch-comedy show, with a cast made up mostly of teenagers (and a couple of adult regulars) and a rude and juvenile gross-out (yet oddly innocent) kind of humor. I used to watch it all the time back in the 80's, and I thought it was quite funny.
   Nick also showed a lot of reruns of the old 60's Monkees Saturday morning show around that time. It was also a very funny show, and it generated so much renewed interest in the Monkees that the original members reformed the band and went on a national tour in 1986 (to celebrate their 20th anniversary).

I think I saw the reruns when I was little in the early-mid '90s, or maybe a bit later.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/01/06 at 8:04 pm

Wow, Albert - I am so glad you talked about the Monkees reairing on Nick. I couldn't remember what channel I use to watch that on because I use to get babysat at a friends house and they always watched it.

You Can't Do That On Television was disgusting at times, but it was a lot of fun, too. I think it probably stopped airing in the early 90's.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/01/06 at 9:01 pm

Wow, Albert - I am so glad you talked about the Monkees reairing on Nick. I couldn't remember what channel I use to watch that on because I use to get babysat at a friends house and they always watched it.
Glad I could help.  :)
You Can't Do That On Television was disgusting at times, but it was a lot of fun, too. I think it probably stopped airing in the early 90's. Sure it was disgusting, and that's what made it some damned funny! Barth, the nasty old chef, used to just kill me, especially when, after one of the kids would make some smartass remark about his cooking, he'd say, "Duuhhhhh...I heard that!" ;D ;D ;D

Written By: bethany on 03/02/06 at 12:29 pm

omg...i could go on about old school nick forever....salute your shorts...my brother and me...the secret world of alex mac, pete and pete((dvd!?!?!)), wild and crazy kids, clarissa explains it all, anyone remember stick stickly in the summer?...what would you do?, legends of the hidden tample, guts((d,d,d,d,do ya have it?)), double dare, all that((original cast...laurie beth dimberg, danny tamborelli, kenan and kel)), are you afraid of the dark?, whateverer that show was with boney((i'm boney, i'm boney, so leave me aloney)), rugrats, hey arnold, doug((original not brand spankin new crap))....and no, i don't obsess over this...i just have a really big memory...

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/02/06 at 1:22 pm

I think they now have a "best fart" award on the Nick Awards and they have commercials about how "to pass gas with class."

Written By: michyboolina on 03/05/06 at 12:09 am

yes i do! it was nickelodeon. the name of the show was the guy's name. i just happened to be browsing this page for a minute and thought i'd respond. i can't quite remember, but give me a day or two. i'm usually really good at remembering this kind of stuff.

Written By: 90sto2000sfanrob on 03/17/06 at 4:18 am

Some of my favorite shows

http://www.cdaccess.com/gifs/pc/front/large/afrdark.gif http://www.johnnorrisbrown.com/classic-nick/saluteyourshorts/saluteyourshorts2.gif
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~jfrens/pete-and-pete/pictures/olderpete.jpg

Written By: Dukefan on 03/18/06 at 5:29 pm

Nick also had some other strange shows pre-1990-

Pinwheel - Kind of like Kablam/Oh Yeah Cartoons...

Mr. Wizzard - Like Bill Nye the Science Guy

Finders Keepers - Game show where kids would search through a house for prizes

The Elephant Show - Kids show where a man dressed up as an elephant would go around helping kids with problems.

They also ran Looney Toons and a few cartoons like Maya the Bee, Maple Town, and Inspector Gadget.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/18/06 at 10:43 pm

Nick also had some other strange shows pre-1990-

Pinwheel - Kind of like Kablam/Oh Yeah Cartoons...

Mr. Wizzard - Like Bill Nye the Science Guy

Finders Keepers - Game show where kids would search through a house for prizes

The Elephant Show - Kids show where a man dressed up as an elephant would go around helping kids with problems.

They also ran Looney Toons and a few cartoons like Maya the Bee, Maple Town, and Inspector Gadget.

Yep, that's all the stuff I use to watch... then came Doug, and I had no enthusiasm for the cartoon.

Written By: nikki89 on 03/19/06 at 8:30 pm

Don't even get me started on this! I was born in 1989 so I grew up on Nickelodeon. My earliest memories of Nick involved old black and white episodes of Lassie and Dennis the Menace, Welcome Freshmen, the theme song part of You Can't do that on Television(and only that part, it's weird), and old Nick Jr. shows like Fred Penner's Place, Eureka's Castle, Muppet Babies, and the one with the koala bears. Now the only halfway good shows are Jimmy Neutron, Sponge Bob, and Drake and Josh when there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else on.

My favorite Nickelodeon shows were Salute Your Shorts, Rocko's Modern Life, Kenan and Kel, Hey Dude, What Would You Do, Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids, All That, Clarissa Explains it All, Pete and Pete, Angry Beavers, Space Cases, Rugrats, Beetlejuice, Garfield and Snoopy, Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes, and Doug. My favorite Nick Jr. shows were Eureka's Castle, Muppet Babies, Gullah Gullah Island, Allegra's Window, Blues Clues, Little Bear, and Franklin.

I really think there needs to be a channel for just old Nick Shows. Heck, there's certainly enough demand for one, try a whole generation of people. Or if not a channel, how about an hour block for classic Nick shows on Nick, God knows kids nowadays need something good to break from the crap that's on there now. Mostly I'd love DVDs. Did you know that on TVshowsonDVD.com Salute Your Shorts is the number 11th unreleased show? I think Nick needs to start listening to the people, right now.

Written By: trisha on 03/22/06 at 12:26 pm

It's called the ELEPHANT SHOW with Sharon, Lois, and Bram!!! I KNOW THE SONG!

Skinna-ma-rinki-dinki-dink, Skinna-ma-rinki-do I Love You. I Love you in the morning and in the afternoon, I love you in the evening and underneath the moooooon..

haha!

i loved all the old shows...Today's Special...the jems...Eureeeka's Caaaaastle

Written By: Roadgeek on 03/22/06 at 1:20 pm

Don't even get me started on this! I was born in 1989 so I grew up on Nickelodeon. My earliest memories of Nick involved old black and white episodes of Lassie and Dennis the Menace, Welcome Freshmen, the theme song part of You Can't do that on Television(and only that part, it's weird), and old Nick Jr. shows like Fred Penner's Place, Eureka's Castle, Muppet Babies, and the one with the koala bears. Now the only halfway good shows are Jimmy Neutron, Sponge Bob, and Drake and Josh when there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else on.

My favorite Nickelodeon shows were Salute Your Shorts, Rocko's Modern Life, Kenan and Kel, Hey Dude, What Would You Do, Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids, All That, Clarissa Explains it All, Pete and Pete, Angry Beavers, Space Cases, Rugrats, Beetlejuice, Garfield and Snoopy, Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes, and Doug. My favorite Nick Jr. shows were Eureka's Castle, Muppet Babies, Gullah Gullah Island, Allegra's Window, Blues Clues, Little Bear, and Franklin.

I really think there needs to be a channel for just old Nick Shows. Heck, there's certainly enough demand for one, try a whole generation of people. Or if not a channel, how about an hour block for classic Nick shows on Nick, God knows kids nowadays need something good to break from the crap that's on there now. Mostly I'd love DVDs. Did you know that on TVshowsonDVD.com Salute Your Shorts is the number 11th unreleased show? I think Nick needs to start listening to the people, right now.

You just described what I always say. My earliest memory of Nick would be Rugrats crica 1993. I remember Lassie too.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/22/06 at 8:58 pm

You just described what I always say. My earliest memory of Nick would be Rugrats crica 1993. I remember Lassie too.

Yeah I first watched nick in like 1990 or '91 and I remember all those old shows. They used to show flipper too didnt they?

Written By: Roadgeek on 03/22/06 at 9:13 pm

Yeah I first watched nick in like 1990 or '91 and I remember all those old shows. They used to show flipper too didnt they?

I believe so.

Does anyone remember when they'd show Nick Arcade and Family Double Dare on Sunday mornings around 1994/1995? That's when I'd usualy watch those. I'd watch them with my mom before church. Such good times.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/23/06 at 12:24 am

I believe so.

Does anyone remember when they'd show Nick Arcade and Family Double Dare on Sunday mornings around 1994/1995? That's when I'd usualy watch those. I'd watch them with my mom before church. Such good times.
    My lil brother liked those game shows < he will be 30 in Sept>... U know, they still show eppys of those shows on  NICK GAS

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/23/06 at 2:39 am

I only started watching nickelodeon when we had cable from about 98-2000 (2-3 golden years). I watched shows like Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Clarissa Explains it all, Keenan and Kell...I think Angry Beavers' came later (??), never really liked that show anyway. I remember this game-show on Nic, I forgot the name, but I remember there was this big mechanised Aztec Olmec thing (how cool is THAT!) that said, 'pass at your own peril' or something like that. Anyone remember the name of that show?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/23/06 at 1:28 pm

I remember this game-show on Nic, I forgot the name, but I remember there was this big mechanised Aztec Olmec thing (how cool is THAT!) that said, 'pass at your own peril' or something like that. Anyone remember the name of that show?

That's Legends of the hidden temple I think.

Written By: Vincent on 03/27/06 at 2:32 pm

I miss count Duckula, Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it All, David the Gnome, All That(original), Legends of the Temple,Are you Afraid of the Dark, Pete and pete, Ducktales, original Double Dare, Doug,  (there is more but that is all I can think of right now.)

Written By: Gary on 03/27/06 at 2:45 pm

i remember Double Dare (the original '86 version), Think Fast, Make the Grade, Finders Keepers, and Nick Arcade.

Written By: Roadgeek on 03/27/06 at 3:32 pm

My favorite Double Dare would probably be Family Double Dare because that's the one I grew up with.

Written By: nikki89 on 03/27/06 at 4:37 pm

My favorite Double Dare would probably be Family Double Dare because that's the one I grew up with.

Yeah, I hardly even remember regular Double Dare. I really just remember a celebrity episode that had David Faustino on it. Family Double Dare was great, though. I have a tape that I bought at Big Lots years ago with highlights of it. I do remember being upset that I'm an only child and couldn't be on Family Double Dare.

Written By: twistedwarp on 03/29/06 at 12:03 am

YEAH  my favorites were  all that the original cast  and are you afraid of the dark? the intro stll freaks me out.. but good times yes

Subject: Re: Old Skool Nick

Written By: j-rat on 04/21/06 at 11:17 am

I think I remember when Looney Tunes and Garfield was on Nickeloden. My favorite short is the "duck season, rabbit season, duck season, rabbit season" argument!

Written By: j-rat on 04/21/06 at 11:24 am

I know Gumby was a good show, and so was Garfield. Still, I wonder what happened to SNICK? All they show is TeeNICK now; they used to show it only on Sundays with 'As Told By Ginger.' Still, I miss Roundhouse. I think my favorite sketch is where two of the kids pretend to go back in time where the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Written By: j-rat on 04/21/06 at 11:30 am

I know Gumby was a good show, and so was Garfield. Still, I wonder what happened to SNICK? All they show is TeeNICK now; they used to show it only on Sundays with 'As Told By Ginger.' Still, I miss Roundhouse. I think my favorite sketch is where two of the kids pretend to go back in time where the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Written By: Derek on 04/23/06 at 9:05 pm

For Nick schedules from the beginning of the network, visit:

http://www.classicnick.com/

Written By: Roadgeek on 04/24/06 at 1:23 pm

For Nick schedules from the beginning of the network, visit:

http://www.classicnick.com/

I've checked them out, but I think their schedules for 1994 and 1995 are inacurate. I remember watching Nick Arcade and Family Double Dare at 6:00 and 6:30 AM on Sunday mornings, but they don't show that for 1994. 1995 only has Nick Arcade.

Written By: bamclaughl on 04/24/06 at 10:24 pm

If someone could please tell me what show I am thinking of, I would really appreciate it...It's been buggin me for awhile...The show aired on Sunday mornings on Nickelodeon.  It was like a talk show, with maybe one female host and two male hosts?  The only thing I really remember from it, besides that I'm pretty sure it was short-lived, was that they had the guy who played Ted on 'Hey Dude' on and maybe a few other cast members, and they were talking about learning to ride horses for the show.  This has driven me crazy...any help would be appreciated!

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/24/06 at 10:41 pm

I remember Nick Jnr. and 'Nick at Nite'..great times, they were...

Written By: Liz on 04/26/06 at 3:49 pm

If you went some old school cartoon go here http://www.toontracker.com/realaudio/ttra80.htm . its cool and it have cartoon from 70s-90s I like it a lot. I love old nick jr  old good times can someone tell me  the schedules for 1993 and 1995  schedule for nickjr .

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 04/28/06 at 10:09 am

I remember the cool station ids nick used to have 8)

Written By: Kayla on 04/28/06 at 10:52 pm

Wow! All the memories!! I grew up on Nick and watched SNICK religiously. I had a complete ritual for Saturday that went like clockwork. I couldn't pick a favorite though. Just wondering though, did anyone ever watch Caitlin's Way? I never watched it that much but it was something I do kind of remember.

I saw something kind of sad a while ago on the 10 year All That special. They had a countdown of the best All That moments ever and if I recall correctly all but 1 were from recent casts and nothing really from the originals.

I know this isn't Nick, but, did anyone ever watch State Of Grace?

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/29/06 at 1:45 am

omg, I used to watch double dare all the time and I was sad when they stopped showing it :\'(  I think nick should have like a week dedicated to showing old school stuff ;D

Written By: sonikuu on 04/29/06 at 2:12 am

I looked at that site with the schedules and it just blew me away with nostalgia.  It looks like Nickelodeon did a major overhaul in 1999.  Within a year, reruns of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Ahh! Real Monsters, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and Ren & Stimpy all disappeared in favor of crap like CatDog.

I demand a Classic Nick network!  I mean, it's clear a lot of people miss old school Nick shows.  Even the "cool crowd" at my high school can't resist talking about Old School Nick shows from time to time!  I don't see how Nickelodeon can't see the potential profits!

Written By: Spice on 05/26/06 at 9:05 pm

I never have forgoten my childhood favs!!  Do your remember Pinwheel, Today's Special, You Can't Do That On Television, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Eureka's Castle, Gullah Gullah Island, the original All That?  There are so many more.  I wish they all would come back on the air.  I miss comming home and watching my favorites.  And then on Disney Kid's Incorporated.  Those days were the best!

Written By: Chairman on 07/07/06 at 10:39 am

Pete and Peet, Roco's Modern Life, and Ren and Stimpy( immortal in our hearts).

Written By: Sarrah on 07/24/06 at 3:05 pm

quote author=ElDuderino link=topic=7727.msg316039#msg316039 date=1109985204]

I love that Artie pic!!  How bout Hey dude!!

Written By: Sarrah on 07/24/06 at 3:13 pm

I think it was called Today's Special. That's about the time my kids watched and me and hubby watched with them. Some of our favs to watch with the kids were Pinwheel, which had cartoons such as "Emily", "Simon In The Land Of Chalk Drawings", "Paddington", then the next daughter watched "Maya The Bee', "The LIttle Bits' , I think we watched Belle and Sebastian, David The Gnome, geez there were alot of them, I just keep remembering more.  :o 

Oh my gosh i forgot about David the Gnome!!  I loved that cartoon!

Written By: Snot on 07/24/06 at 7:26 pm

quote author=ElDuderino link=topic=7727.msg316039#msg316039 date=1109985204]

I love that Artie pic!!  How bout Hey dude!!

Looks like  Arwin from "The Suite Life"

Written By: Anna7186 on 08/08/06 at 1:51 pm

Here is a huge list of shows that I miss. Some more than others. They are in no particular order of my top favorites. But personally, my all time favorite is by far Are You Afraid of the Dark?

1.) Salute Your Shorts
2.) Hey Dude
3.) Are You Afraid of the Dark?
4.) Roundhouse
5.) The Secret World of Alex Mack
6.) Wild and Crazy Kids
7.) What Would You Do?
8.) The Adventures of Pete and Pete
9.) Welcome Freshmen
10.) You Can't Do That on Television
11.) Kenan and Kel
12.) All That
13.) The Amanda Show
14.) Animorphs
15.) My Brother and Me
16.) Weinerville
17.) Clarissa Explains it All
18.) Caitlin's Way
19.) The Brother's Garcia
20.) Space Cases
21.) 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd
22.) Cousin Skeeter

Written By: pokemonkid888 on 08/09/06 at 12:20 am

I LOVED OLD SCHOOL NICK

Written By: Lindsey on 08/09/06 at 5:32 pm

Please help me! I'm going crazy trying to figure this out!!

Question posed on Yahoo Answers:
Do you remember this show? Maybe ten or more years ago on either Disney Channel or Nickelodeon a short cartoon about a girl whos name I belive was Nanete. The cartoon was composed of pictures of this girls face and it had a really annoying voice to the character. All I remember is the song "Beautiful Dreamer" playing in the background on most episodes. Ring any bells?

~-~-~-RESULTS SO FAR-~-~-~
Turns out the character Nanete was from another show that was similar to the show I'm talking about that was on ABC Family called "Angela Anaconda." Maybe this show didn't have such an annoying character voice as the ABC Family's show.

PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT THIS SHOW!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/11/06 at 5:15 am

Yeah, I was thinking Angela Anaconda as well...the narrator (Angela's) voice sure is annoying in that one...

Written By: Margaret on 09/14/06 at 6:55 pm

I remember there was this show, it wasn't really a show, but it played these movies that weren't very well known. i think it aired on saturdays and maybe sundays and/or fridays. The opening title was like a filmstrip and big light bulbs and a marquee. I remember this one movie they showed about a dragon that i think could talk and this guy took care of it and in the end let it go free or something. This has been bugging me for years. PLEASE HELP!

Written By: hp on 10/02/06 at 3:49 pm

man, i miss the old-school-ness of it all, and i was in like 4th grade when it was all in its hieght.. originall all that, rocko's modern life, pete and pete, are you afraid of the dark, animorphs (first few ones), doug, alex mack, allen strange (c'mon now, i know it was a show!) eddie mc dowd....ect.. now nick isnt soo great, and its not cause im older, i know this for a fact because im into anime which to some people are just cartoons.... oh well, thats why they made dvds.... still would be nice if they'd play them every once in a while..

Written By: Christopher Patti on 10/07/06 at 12:22 pm

I remember back when I used to watch Nick Arcade, Finder's Keepers, Ledgends of The Hidden Temple, Guts, Global Guts, Picture This, Super Slopy Double Dare and Double Dare were on. And other shows like Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains It All, Doug, Rugrats, Are You Afraid of The Dark, and that show with Rosie O'donnell was on. Also I remeber waking up in the morning and watching Lassie and other really old shows. Another big one was NIck at Night back when it was actually godd to watch. When you had real classics. Now they play what they consider "new classics" from the nineties.  Biggest thing of all is GAK. Whatever happend to the stuff. It was so fun to see people fet slimed with it unannounced.

Written By: nupur on 10/07/06 at 12:38 pm

i loved every old nick show, except for around 8:00 pm every night when they announced "coming up next: nick news with linda ellerbee." that was the one thing i dreaded :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/07/06 at 1:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HinVn6vCE3I

Written By: Benji on 10/11/06 at 9:30 pm

Hey Guys!

I am working to send a physical petition to Nickelodeon including numerous essays to tell them why they should bring back all of our favorite nick shows!

If you want to help, just send an email of why you want Old Nickelodeon back and include your name, age, city and state. In one month I am going to start sending out pages among pages to them, pleading our cases!

Please help me out guys! The more we send, the more they'll listen.

send emails to : BringBackNick@gmail.com

Benji

Written By: McDonald on 10/18/06 at 6:48 pm

"Are You Afraid of the Dark" was a great Canadian show that I still enjoy. Most of the episodes were filmed in and around Montreal. I have several episodes on my computer.

Written By: sarah36 on 11/19/06 at 12:10 pm

i remember a show called double dare 2000. i loved thet show when they took it off the air i was mad.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/19/06 at 12:26 pm

This was one of my favorite shows from back in the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4YGT7ozgFQ

Written By: JAKE on 10/01/07 at 6:41 pm

I know i miss "All That" the most

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/03/07 at 3:32 pm

I watched Nickelodeon from 1991 to 1997. And though I got into Ren and Stimpy, I got into Doug, Rugrats, and other non-MTV owned shows. Especially the Thanksgiving Special.

Ever since CBS and Viacom owned Nickelodeon, everything went to hell. There's no show that's owned by another network.

Written By: rocker80 on 10/03/07 at 11:45 pm

well nickoleden was cool in the 90s with the ending of youcant do that on telvision and mark summers hosting double dare and claresa explains it all

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/04/07 at 4:31 pm

I watched Nickelodeon from 1991 to 1997. And though I got into Ren and Stimpy, I got into Doug, Rugrats, and other non-MTV owned shows. Especially the Thanksgiving Special.

Ever since CBS and Viacom owned Nickelodeon, everything went to hell. There's no show that's owned by another network.

Those are roughly the same years that I watched Nick, even though I watched it on and off up until 2000, and I couldn't agree more. Nickelodeon has been total crap since at least 1999.

Written By: wildcard on 10/04/07 at 10:28 pm

well nickoleden was cool in the 90s with the ending of youcant do that on telvision and mark summers hosting double dare and claresa explains it all

I use to watch Double Dare all the time.

Written By: teababe27 on 10/05/07 at 9:54 pm

I remember watching Doug, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, The Wild Thornberrys, Ah! Real Monsters, GUTS, All That, Pete and Pete, Kenan and Kel, The Secret World Of Alex Mack, Animorphs, 100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd, Kablam, Cousin Skeeter, Taina, The Brothers Garcia, Pinky and the Brain, and Clarissa Explains It All. I miss the old Nickelodeon.  :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/06/07 at 6:35 am

I miss You Can't Do That On Television.

Written By: rocker80 on 10/06/07 at 9:40 pm

there were some cool shows that mark sumera did as well as double dare one with pies they were cool

Written By: wildcard on 10/06/07 at 10:51 pm

I also watched Hey Dude all the time and What Would You Do?

Written By: kyle on 11/22/07 at 3:22 am

Wow thanks alot guys for making me miss my childhood son of a b. I dont care if this counts or not did anyone else like the show american gladiators

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/23/07 at 6:46 pm

OMG! I loved all those shows.

I was obsessed with "Are You Afraid of the Dark" and saw every episode. I wanted to be a part of the Midnight Society! (And I liked the New Midnight Society too!)

My favorite characters were Gary and Kiki and Sardo, (no Mister, accent on the do)

Ah memories. To be 10 years old again for the tv...I'd love it. Some kids are Disney kids, I was a Nickelodeon kid all the way!

Written By: woops on 11/23/07 at 9:40 pm

Disney had vintage animation, Nickelodeon aired Looney Tunes (though colorized black & white shorts and edited like other Looney Tunes on tv)

Cartoon Network was also good like the "June Bugs" marathon

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/30/07 at 12:24 am

I miss You Can't Do That On Television.

Funny story.  My parents missed Laugh-in.  Laugh-in got re-aired on some channel I got, they watched it, and I grew to enjoy it too, even though I was too young to get all the jokes.

Fast forward a few years. It's after school, and I'm watching YCDTOT (I forget how I discovered it, but I know that I only had to watch about 30 seconds of it to be hooked).  Couple of weeks later, my folks ask me why I'm always coming home to watch that silly kids' show. 

I practically have to force them to watch it with me.  As soon as the gag with the slamming doors comes on, their eyes light up.  YCDTOT was Laugh-In for kids -- but with just enough adult humor that adults could enjoy it too.  Why Nick changed from that model, I don't kno*SLIME*

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 12:48 pm

I used to have an old "Nickelodeon" hat.

It was red, with blue bull's horns on it, and a patch saying "NIckelodeon- The Young people's Network".
This hat was made in 1978!

I was also a fan of the game shows- Double Dare, Finder's Keepers, Legends Of the Hidden Temple....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/03/07 at 12:50 pm

I used to have an old "Nickelodeon" hat.

It was red, with blue bull's horns on it, and a patch saying "NIckelodeon- The Young people's Network".
This hat was made in 1978!

I was also a fan of the game shows- Double Dare, Finder's Keepers, Legends Of the Hidden Temple....

those were all great gameshows!

Written By: ggmelvin on 12/03/07 at 3:24 pm

Yeah, Inspector Gadget, and Kenan and Kel was good.  :)
I love Alvin and the Chipmunks also.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 3:41 pm

Yeah, Inspector Gadget, and Kenan and Kel was good.  :)
I love Alvin and the Chipmunks also.

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger! Huh, haw- may I take yer order?"

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/07 at 4:08 pm

The very old version of YCDTOT.  Those were great.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 6:20 pm

The very old version of YCDTOT.  Those were great.

*Barth appears from behind a bookcase*
"Duh- I heard that!"

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/07 at 10:21 pm

*Barth appears from behind a bookcase*
"Duh- I heard that!"

Great Shtuff.  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 3:30 am

Great Shtuff.  ;D

Why did you say "shtuff"?

Written By: Paige S:) on 12/04/07 at 6:43 am

I used to love the Saturday morning show "Total Panic". A great variety show that brought awesome artists to perform (the Cover Girls, Expose').

i think that full house is saweet  :D :D

Written By: musicgirl on 02/13/08 at 8:15 pm

I used to watch all of the old Nick shows with my brother- we would spend our Saturday mornings and afternoons watching whichever shows came on.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 02/14/08 at 4:14 am

"Double Dare" kicked some serious boo-taki.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/15/08 at 7:11 am

Why did you say "shtuff"?

That's how Barth used to pronounce stuff. :)

Written By: colette on 04/03/08 at 5:25 pm

yeah i loved kenan and kel.

They were my fav.!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 5:39 pm

yeah i loved kenan and kel.

They were my fav.!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x98/tabor_e/icons/orangesoda.gif

Written By: Nineties nut on 04/03/08 at 7:30 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/bringbackoldnick/

Go there, sign the guestbook and help collect 6000 signatures to get some old programming, back to slots on Nick.

Yeah that's all I have to say ^^

Written By: mango 2001 on 04/04/08 at 10:09 am

my younger son watched hidden temple on the channel nick arade and they took  that off and changed the channel to something else,but also that show where kids had to guess the answer that the person did, that was great to.

Written By: ninny on 04/04/08 at 1:11 pm

My kids who are 16 & 18 now use to love watching Nick...Hey Arnold,Doug,Rugrats,Are You Afraid of The Dark,Keneen & Kel

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/04/08 at 6:01 pm

Oh my gosh! I remember all those shows and I was dying to be on Hidden Temple. I begged my mom forever, and she wouldn't take me to Orlando Studios!  >:(

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/05/08 at 4:36 pm

Oh my gosh! I remember all those shows and I was dying to be on Hidden Temple. I begged my mom forever, and she wouldn't take me to Orlando Studios!  >:(

I was lucky enough to go there once back in the mid '90s. We even got to watch a taping of Double Dare. 8)

Unfortunately, it closed a couple of years ago I think :(

Written By: Brian06 on 04/05/08 at 6:48 pm

Yeah I used to watch Legends of the Hidden Temple all the time and all the other game shows like Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids, etc., dang that was such a great era for Nickelodeon.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/05/08 at 9:19 pm

OMG Machine Head! You got to go to Double Dare? I loved that show! And Marc Sommers was great. (Now I see him on Food Network) I wanted to be on Double Dare too, but mom flat out refused to do the physical challenges and she said she'd kill me if I chose physical challenge. LOL! (I wanted to be on the red team) LOL.

Good memories. Good memories.  ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/05/08 at 9:34 pm

OMG Machine Head! You got to go to Double Dare? I loved that show! And Marc Sommers was great. (Now I see him on Food Network) I wanted to be on Double Dare too, but mom flat out refused to do the physical challenges and she said she'd kill me if I chose physical challenge. LOL! (I wanted to be on the red team) LOL.

Good memories. Good memories.  ;D

Yeah, even though it was kind of a bummer not to get to actually participate in the episode, it was still awesome to get to see a live taping. An episode of Gullah Gullah Island(anybody remember that show,lol) was also being taped that day in the part of the Studios we were in as well.

Even though that was probably about 12 years ago, I still remember that trip well 8)

Written By: woops on 11/18/08 at 11:53 pm

"The Mighty B!"  reminds me of "Ren & Stimpy" and '90's Cartoon Network cartoons though a good cartoon from this decade

As for Nickelodeon in the '90's, "Ren & Stimpy", "Rocko's Modern Life", and even classic Looney Tunes

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/19/08 at 12:01 pm

I'd love to see "AAAAAAHHHHH Real Monsters" back on again and Cat/dog would be nice to see too.  Anyone remember "You Can't Do That On Television"?

Written By: Signals7777 on 12/06/08 at 11:38 pm

I'd love to see You Can't Do That On Televison on Nick again, I've seen about 46 episodes so far off this site.

http://www.barthsburgery.com/epguide.htm

Written By: 90steen on 12/07/08 at 2:44 am

I watched nickelodeon all throughout the 80's and 90's. Even during my teen years i liked it.

I loved "You can't do that on television"

When I first started watching it, the Nickelodeon logo was a silver ball instead of the orange splat thing.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/21/17 at 11:46 pm

It's funny how 2000-2004/5 Nickelodeon, which people at the beginning of the thread were complaining about when it was new, now seems like it can be comfortably lumped into Old School Nick, compared to 2005/6/7+ Nick which really sucks something fierce after Nick Studios closed, Viacom reformed, Cyma Zarghami took over, Spongebob spamming reruns took over, and the Naked Brothers Band became a thing.

It's all perspective. People's perspective on things change with time.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/17 at 5:09 am

The only time I remember the old school Nickelodeon was during The 1980's.

Written By: annimal on 11/23/17 at 10:14 am

Hey Arnold,Doug,Rugrats,Are You Afraid of The Dark all ring a bell.  Loved Double Dare. 

Written By: nally on 11/23/17 at 10:19 am

Hey Arnold,Doug,Rugrats,Are You Afraid of The Dark all ring a bell.  Loved Double Dare.

I did too, although I didn't actually watch it on Nickelodoeon very much (unless I went to a friend's house who had cable).

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/24/17 at 9:10 am

It's funny how 2000-2004/5 Nickelodeon, which people at the beginning of the thread were complaining about when it was new, now seems like it can be comfortably lumped into Old School Nick, compared to 2005/6/7+ Nick which really sucks something fierce after Nick Studios closed, Viacom reformed, Cyma Zarghami took over, Spongebob spamming reruns took over, and the Naked Brothers Band became a thing.

It may be "old' relative to 2010s Nick, but its just like how fans of '60s/'70s music when rock and R&B was at its most innovative won't quite appreciate '80s/'90s music due to the synths, more formulatic, and computerized production, but see it as a "silver age" compared to 2000s/'10s pop music. There was even a Usenet thread that I found in the archives from sometime in the early '90s where the topic was similar to "Are there any good bands that have formed since 1971?" It's commonly referred to as "Silver Age Nick" though, emphasizing that it wasn't quite the best years of the network. Nick has really had many more sub-eras, from the primitive "Video Spinach" Pinwheel era, to the "true golden age" era with the doo-wop theme bumpers during the early years of the splat era (when Double Dare got popular), to arguably the peak of the channel's history (the pre-Spongebob Nicktoons era with many classic Nickcoms and game shows), to the Silver Age as described, to the post-Universal Studios, "modern" age of the channel. It will be interesting to see if a repeal of Net Neutrality will cause a shift in viewing habits as effectively it may charge an additional fee just to access a site where many already pay to access.

Check for new replies or respond here...