inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: GTA: San Andreas

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 8:44 pm

Grand Theft Auto paints a great portrait of 1992 West Coast ghettos.  I like the soundtrack and the feel of it, very early 90s Los Angeles.

Subject: Re: GTA: San Andreas

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/08/05 at 10:35 am

Grand Theft Auto paints a great portrait of 1992 West Coast ghettos.  I like the soundtrack and the feel of it, very early 90s Los Angeles.

It's stereotypical. Not every section of LA is like that.

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/08/05 at 11:48 am

Haven't played it yet, only played GTA 3 and GTA Vice City.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/08/05 at 1:11 pm

It's stereotypical. Not every section of LA is like that.

Tanya

I believe you, Tanya  :)  I used to live in the Bay Area and their San Francisco is unlike the real thing.

-DR  :)

Written By: AL-B on 03/09/05 at 1:48 pm

I just bought it about 2 weeks ago and it's pretty cool.

Written By: cagesundercage on 03/09/05 at 5:26 pm

i've been playing this game since november of last year. i'm almost done. definetly one of the coolest games i've played so far.
the soundtrack is not as good as gta:vice city obviously, but there are some good tunes, like 'young turks' by rod stewart.. what a song.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/09/05 at 5:28 pm

i've been playing this game since november of last year. i'm almost done. definetly one of the coolest games i've played so far.
the soundtrack is not as good as gta:vice city obviously, but there are some good tunes, like 'young turks' by rod stewart.. what a song.

Haven't played any GTA game to be honest, I've just watched my bro play it, which really is more fun than PLAYING most video games. 

I like the soundtrack.  The Gangsta rap on there is the cream of the crop and is the best known of the time.  I love the Vice City soundtrack though.  8)

Written By: AL-B on 03/21/05 at 8:23 pm

There's a jetpack in GTA San Andreas! WOO-HOO!

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/22/05 at 5:15 pm

HOW BIG IS THIS GAME!

I am still in the first area.. and get lost very easily.

I purchased it on Monday, and am stuck on that Train Chase thingy.. It's HUUUUUGE!

Written By: Feiticeira on 03/22/05 at 5:17 pm

There's a jetpack in GTA San Andreas! WOO-HOO!

Yup and in my opinion it completely spoils the game.. simply because it just makes the game toooooo easy.

The ending was a bit lame, but I liked the build up to the end.  I'm not mentioning what as it'll spoil it for people who haven't completed it.

As for the soundtrack, I prefer Vice City.  I'm not into Rap but it's a good listen, the only thing is the songs just got on my nerves.  The amount of times I heard Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle and Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus.  Of course I changed the stations and even had the radio off.

Check for new replies or respond here...