inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Nintendo virtual boy?

Written By: Les on 03/10/05 at 11:46 pm

It was read and you couldnt see the buttons. It kinda sucked. Didnt seem llike it was around very long....wanna also say hey. Im new and was born in 85 so I guess you could say im a child of the 90s.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Nintendo virtual boy?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 12:07 am

It was read and you couldnt see the buttons. It kinda sucked. Didnt seem llike it was around very long....wanna also say hey. Im new and was born in 85 so I guess you could say im a child of the 90s.

Yeah I got one when it came out, it currently resides in my attic. I have 3 games, Mario's Tennis, Galactic Pinball, and Wario land or something.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/11/05 at 10:01 am

It wasn't out for very long, was it?

Written By: SkyLowLow on 03/11/05 at 10:38 am

Yeah I got one when it came out, it currently resides in my attic. I have 3 games, Mario's Tennis, Galactic Pinball, and Wario land or something.

I played the tesnnis and was pretty disappointed.

Written By: 90s boy on 03/12/05 at 2:21 pm

i tryed it in a Block Buster store one time back in 1996 i was 8 and i remember puting it on and trying it out it was fun i just wish it was in coler lol ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/06/06 at 1:02 am

Yeah, and I also remember selling to a videogame store for 15bucks! :o

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/06/06 at 10:21 am

Wasn't virtual reality "supposed to be the wave of the future?"  ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/06/06 at 11:20 am

Wow the Virtual Boy sucked. It was Nintendo's most high profile failure. Even to this day they deny its existince ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/06/06 at 1:44 pm

Wow the Virtual Boy sucked. It was Nintendo's most high profile failure. Even to this day they deny its existince ;D

I agree!  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/07/06 at 6:10 am

I thought the 'Virtua Boy' was the name of a Game Boy emulator - but they probably stole it from the real Virtual Boy. I had a gameboy pocket (black and white) with one of those 150 in 1 games pirate cartridges. Must've been about '96...The gameboy though, that's another 90s icon.

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/06 at 10:30 am

I remember the Virtual Boy.  When it first came out, they had one on display at Zellers and I gave it a try.  The red screen was quite hard on the eyes :o

Check for new replies or respond here...