inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calling Full House Club members ... Full House Discussion Thread

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 12:47 am

I like how DJ's hair shows what hairstyles were like in different parts of the late 80s and early-mid 90s.  Very cool and there's never been a bad episode.  Okay one, when Michelle first went to preschool.  That one was creepy.

Subject: Re: Calling Full House Club members ... Full House Discussion Thread

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/12/05 at 4:36 pm

Yeah, I liked that even though it evolved a bit -- and you can tell what year it is usually -- even in the very last shows in 1994/95, it still had a definite 80's/early 90's feeling to me.

It is strange seeing the early episodes (for awhile back, after the Finale aired, they flip-flopped it back to show alot of the Season 1 ep's) since Michelle is just a baby. I keep expecting her to have lines or to be in there commenting on something, LOL. However, on the other hand, I like seeing the more "80's" feeling of it -- in one of the very first ones, Jesse has a party with a couple girls he knows. They're rocking in the living room when DJ & Stephanie come down, one of them says, "Do you know any Bangles songs?" :D

That's something that clearly wouldn't have worked even a year or two later.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 11:26 pm

Yeah, I liked that even though it evolved a bit -- and you can tell what year it is usually -- even in the very last shows in 1994/95, it still had a definite 80's/early 90's feeling to me.

It is strange seeing the early episodes (for awhile back, after the Finale aired, they flip-flopped it back to show alot of the Season 1 ep's) since Michelle is just a baby. I keep expecting her to have lines or to be in there commenting on something, LOL. However, on the other hand, I like seeing the more "80's" feeling of it -- in one of the very first ones, Jesse has a party with a couple girls he knows. They're rocking in the living room when DJ & Stephanie come down, one of them says, "Do you know any Bangles songs?" :D

That's something that clearly wouldn't have worked even a year or two later.

Really, Full House felt more eighties and more modern than other show of its time (c. 1990). Family Matters, for instance, feels more 90s but it also feels older.  I don't know, it just does.  Compare a 1992 Fresh Prince to a 1992 Full House.  The Full House seems way more modern, but FH sorta had a hairspray and rock and roll thing with Jesse that was never totally discarded (he lost his mullet in 1989 but he never left that rockabilly attitude).  Up to 1991 FH had a bit of 80s air?  Did you see the 1991 New Year's episode with the dating service and that chick with that 80s do?  Joey was freaked out; somehow that makes me think adults thought the teased hair was weird even in the 80s.

Even the 1990 episodes have legwarmers, some 80s hair, and even a Billy Idol reference (couple with an MC Hammer one).  By 1992 the show felt early 90s.  But really it always feels more modern than other shows of it time.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/17 at 2:45 pm

Has anyone seen Fuller House?

Written By: nally on 12/12/17 at 5:33 pm

I haven't actually been able to, since I'm not subscribed to Netflix. But I heard that most of the main cast returned to reprise their roles.

Have you seen it?

Written By: Howard on 12/13/17 at 2:28 pm

I haven't actually been able to, since I'm not subscribed to Netflix. But I heard that most of the main cast returned to reprise their roles.

Have you seen it?

I'm not quite finished with the other episodes but the show was good, nobody really aged much after 30 years, it's quite surprising.

Written By: nally on 12/13/17 at 10:40 pm

I'm not quite finished with the other episodes but the show was good, nobody really aged much after 30 years, it's quite surprising.

Well, all the girls are now young women (even Michelle, who would now be 31, even though the Olsen Twins declined to be in the reboot). And from what I understand, Danny, Joey, Jesse, and Rebecca (who would all be between 50 and 60 by now) were also supposed to be in it, but recurring.

Also the show's theme song, "Everywhere You Look" (performed by Jesse Fredrick in the original series), was covered by Carly Rae Jepsen for Fuller.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/17 at 2:34 pm

Well, all the girls are now young women (even Michelle, who would now be 31, even though the Olsen Twins declined to be in the reboot). And from what I understand, Danny, Joey, Jesse, and Rebecca (who would all be between 50 and 60 by now) were also supposed to be in it, but recurring.

Also the show's theme song, "Everywhere You Look" (performed by Jesse Fredrick in the original series), was covered by Carly Rae Jepsen for Fuller.

I kind of wished they would continue with Fuller House but they ended at Season 3. :(

Written By: nally on 12/14/17 at 6:08 pm

I kind of wished they would continue with Fuller House but they ended at Episode 13. :(

According to Wiki, the series is scheduled to continue another season next week.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/17 at 7:31 am

According to Wiki, the series is scheduled to continue another season next week.

That's good. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/17 at 7:43 am

I have never seen it.

Written By: nally on 12/15/17 at 1:21 pm

I have never seen it.

And I probably still won't, unless it somehow makes it to actual television in reruns.

But I have seen every single episode of Full House at least once.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/17 at 3:52 pm

I have never seen it.

I think they did a good job with the returning casts, it had some bits of nostalgia and some funny segments, it's definitely recommended.

Written By: nally on 12/15/17 at 5:35 pm

I think they did a good job with the returning casts, it had some bits of nostalgia and some funny segments, it's definitely recommended.

I agree, great way to reunite the entire cast from a classic television show. I'd still iike to see it sometime.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/17 at 3:22 pm

I agree, great way to reunite the entire cast from a classic television show. I'd still iike to see it sometime.

Do you have Netflix? ???

Written By: nally on 12/16/17 at 6:44 pm

Do you have Netflix? ???

No.

Please look at my above postings; I already said I'm not subscribed to it.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=8181.msg3649656#msg3649656

Written By: Howard on 12/18/17 at 6:36 am

Just yesterday I saw the episode, the one with Alan Thicke in it, he was very funny in this one.

Written By: nally on 12/18/17 at 11:45 am

Just yesterday I saw the episode, the one with Alan Thicke in it, he was very funny in this one.

Must've been a "Fuller House" episode, filmed not long before he passed away.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/17 at 1:28 pm

Must've been a "Fuller House" episode, filmed not long before he passed away.

Yes it was, he died later in the year.

Written By: nally on 12/19/17 at 12:23 am

Yes it was, he died later in the year.
Thought so.

On the original series, there was a guest character who died in one episode: Jesse's grandpa, Papouli (in the season 7 episode "The Last Dance"). He was played by actor Jack Kruschen, who in real life didn't die until 2002.

Check for new replies or respond here...