inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I've updated my 80s/90s photo album with lot's of pics

Written By: jwsisliving1 on 03/17/05 at 5:33 pm

I hope everybody checks it out because I put alot of work into it. Just today I added about 40 to 50 really good photos from both decades. Anybody who's a fan of the eighties and nineties will love it. So go to http://community.webshots.com/user/jwsisliving1.

Subject: Re: I've updated my 80s/90s photo album with lot's of pics

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/19/05 at 5:02 pm

cool pics!!!

Erin :)

Written By: jwsisliving1 on 03/21/05 at 3:11 am

Thanks for the nice feedback. Now onto my gripe, intended for everyone. It's of no use reading forward unless your willing to read through to the end, while keeping an open mind to the point I'm trying to make.

I can't understand though how only 19 people looked at my thread. I offer up a highly personalized, hand-picked assortment of over 100 photos from the best two decades ever, but yet it gets buried away by repetitive, useless threads discussing the same topics without offering new insights and/or real genuine memories of eighties/nineties. Some posters on this board know what they're talking about, but more than a few get it wrong. It's especially prevalent with the younger posters (born in early 90s), who don't know enough about enough, and I end up thinking one of three things "that wasn't the nineties I knew, that's a not a fair representation, or does this guy know what he's talking about."

Most threads I see on this board don't stray far beyond:

Favorite Song By

List off all the TV shows, books, and movies from the past twenty years

The occasional rant about how nineties music sucks compared to previous decades, usually started by and replied to by posters unaware/ignorant of the multitude of great bands that came out of the nineties.

Do you remember this popular toy/item/misc./etc ? Of course we all do, and so everyone replies with "yeah I remember that" or " I used to love that" or "that was a ______ .

I'm probably guilty of some of the above, I don't think I'm any better. It's just that maybe if people notice these habits a few of us might bring up the quality of our posts. I'm not talking about anybody or any group in particular, this is mostly my collected observations and opinions from reading the board almost daily the last half year or so. As a whole, this board and it's threads could be more unique, interesting, and even experimental. Less filler, more A-material.

Written By: Bobby on 03/21/05 at 4:37 am

I have read through your post and totally agree with you and have almost withdrawn away from the 80s section because of the quality of threads available (mainly comparing one song/artist/band to another). Admittedly, I don't post threads there half as much as I used to - maybe I should . . .  :)

IMO, the 80s wasn't about comparing one band to another, the 80s was about enjoying every band involved as they all added their own unique style.

Anyway, I have looked through your photos and they are smashing.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/21/05 at 8:27 am

I totally agree as well......as I have strayed away from the "decades" posts...and you can usually find me in the Playful Penguin Place...chatting it up with the really cool people I have met here. I agree that the boards need to be changed up here and there....I mean, it's really nice to keep up with everyone and see how they are doing (ex....the "what are you doing today" thread)....but it's also really neat to find some interesting topics started...ones that really get ya thinking and let everyone else into a part of your mind.
Your pics are really cool!....I like looking at old pictures and I can tell that you put forth a great effort in compiling and posting those pictures.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/21/05 at 8:41 am

P.S....you were such a cute kid!! I am curious as to what you look like now...got any recent pics?

Check for new replies or respond here...