inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Biography Of Aqua

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/20/05 at 12:58 pm

Aqua started out as a band called Joyspeed back in 1996. They released a single in Norway and Denmark but the single flopped because Lene and Rene's vocals did not fit with the kind of music that they were doing.

Then they called themselves Aqua and in the Spring of 1996, they released their first ever single in the UK, Denmark and Norway which was "Roses Are Dead". They then went to have spawn of hits including "Barbie Girl", "Lollipop (Candyman)", "Doctor Jones", "Turn Back Time", "Good Morning Sunshine" and the million selling album "Aquarium". After an absence of two years, Aqua returned with the single "Cartoon Hero's" before releasing their second album "Aquarius" which spawned hits such as "Around The World", "We Belong To The Sea" and "Bumble Bees" before splitting at the end of 2000.

Subject: Re: Aqua Facts

Written By: Bobby on 03/20/05 at 1:00 pm

You love your Aqua, don't you, Dave?  ;D

Subject: Re: The Biography Of Aqua

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/20/05 at 1:04 pm

Aqua started out as a band called Joyspeed back in 1996. They released a single in Norway and Denmark but the single flopped because Lene and Rene's vocals did not fit with the kind of music that they were doing.

Then they called themselves Aqua and in the Spring of 1996, they released their first ever single in the UK, Denmark and Norway which was "Roses Are Dead". They then went to have spawn of hits including "Barbie Girl", "Lollipop (Candyman)", "Doctor Jones", "Turn Back Time", "Good Morning Sunshine" and the million selling album "Aquarium". After an absence of two years, Aqua returned with the single "Cartoon Hero's" before releasing their second album "Aquarius" which spawned hits such as "Around The World", "We Belong To The Sea" and "Bumble Bees" before splitting at the end of 2000.

You love your Aqua, don't you, Dave? ;D

Only a true fan would know facts like this!

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/20/05 at 1:06 pm

I can't get enough of them. They were just fab and their music was just funtastic pop :-D

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/20/05 at 1:09 pm

You love your Aqua, don't you, Dave?  ;D

I can't get enough of them. They were just fab and their music was just funtastic pop which I love :D

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/20/05 at 1:10 pm

Only a true fan would know facts like this!

I've followed Aqua since day one. I've been to every single one of their concerts all over the world and i've even met them. Those were the days.

Written By: Bobby on 03/20/05 at 1:26 pm

I can't get enough of them. They were just fab and their music was just funtastic pop which I love :D

That is cool. I like them too.  :)

Written By: 90s boy on 03/20/05 at 2:41 pm

I can't get enough of them. They were just fab and their music was just funtastic pop :-D

yep lol i loved them and i still do they kida remined me of Ace Of Base

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/20/05 at 4:53 pm

yep lol i loved them and i still do they kida remined me of Ace Of Base

Being a Aqua's number 1 fan, I can just safely say that Aqua are nothing like Ace Of Base.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/05 at 1:12 pm

I've followed Aqua since day one. I've been to every single one of their concerts all over the world and i've even met them. Those were the days.

Every single concert?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/22/05 at 12:54 am

Every single concert?

Yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/05 at 1:26 am

Yes.

How many concerts did they do?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/23/05 at 12:53 am

How many concerts did they do?

I've lost count. In fact I didn't count

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/05 at 1:14 am

I've lost count. In fact I didn't count
But you must remember the British concerts?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/23/05 at 1:26 am

But you must remember the British concerts?

Oh yes

Check for new replies or respond here...