inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ace Of Base

Written By: 90s boy on 03/20/05 at 2:40 pm

ok i know most of u may not like them that much but i loved them back in the 90's they remined me of a 90's Abba  and i know most of there songs on there first Album souned the same but it was a good beet they had i guess thats why they used it alot lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Subject: Re: Ace Of Base

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/20/05 at 4:48 pm

I liked them!

Tanya

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 03/20/05 at 8:40 pm

I love em

Written By: nally on 03/20/05 at 9:58 pm

I still love 'em. I have a copy of their debut album, The Sign...great songs. 8)

Written By: AL-B on 03/21/05 at 12:21 am

I'm usually not a big techno-pop fan, but I liked Ace of Base.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/20 at 5:41 pm

I liked them. They're songs were really catchy and I had all of their albums. I remember when they first played "Beautiful life" on VH1. It was in 1995.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/14/20 at 10:51 pm

They were ok. I first thought it was Ace of Bass. That was when I first started playing. I remember in 1993 someone asked me what that song was and she imitated the intro to All That She Wants. I had no idea, all I knew at the time was the bass part.

Written By: nally on 07/15/20 at 5:09 pm

I liked them. They're songs were really catchy and I had all of their albums. I remember when they first played "Beautiful life" on VH1. It was in 1995.

...which I believe was the first single from their second album (The Bridge, which I chose not to get). I heard it on the radio frequently during the fall months (October/November).

Written By: robby76 on 07/15/20 at 10:52 pm

They were hit and miss for me. Two good tracks and the rest truly awful lol.

I liked "The Sign" and "Life Is A Flower".

Written By: nally on 07/16/20 at 10:06 am

I think the one song of theirs that I truly didn't like was their 1998 cover of Bananarama's "Cruel Summer." IMHO i think they ruined a good 80s song.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/16/20 at 11:26 am

I think the one song of theirs that I truly didn't like was their 1998 cover of Bananarama's "Cruel Summer." IMHO i think they ruined a good 80s song.

I still have the CD single. I liked their version of "Cruel Summer". I remember it was released in the Summer of 1998.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 07/20/20 at 5:35 pm

They were ok. I first thought it was Ace of Bass. That was when I first started playing. I remember in 1993 someone asked me what that song was and she imitated the intro to All That She Wants. I had no idea, all I knew at the time was the bass part.

I thought it was Ace of Bass too, like they were the ace of the bass sound.

Just noticed upon listening to it that the beat in "The Sign" is a reggae beat. Have heard the song probably more than 200 times (it was on all the time in the mid 90s) and never noticed that.

Written By: nally on 07/20/20 at 11:06 pm

I thought it was Ace of Bass too, like they were the ace of the bass sound.

oh yes, pronounced with a long-A instead of a short-A sound. When I first heard their name I figured the spelling could go either way...but when I received a copy of their The Sign album I found it out.

Just noticed upon listening to it that the beat in "The Sign" is a reggae beat. Have heard the song probably more than 200 times (it was on all the time in the mid 90s) and never noticed that.

Well, reggae seems to be a common element of europop songs, I guess.

Written By: BrandonB on 08/14/20 at 8:31 pm

"Lucky Love" was a song I enjoyed in the spring of 1996 8)

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 10/07/20 at 8:04 am

They were AWESOME!

Check for new replies or respond here...