inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP PLEASE.....IT'S A LIFE OR DEATH MATTER!!!!!

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 03/26/05 at 2:22 pm

:( Okay, I need to know if there are any house heads in here.  House as in dance and techno type people...in other words, people who like dance music for club purposes.  Here's the deal...anyone remember the track "Gypsy Woman(She's Homeless)" by Crystal Waters from 1991?  Okay, I like that song because it's got something about it that is a breakthrough to the underground club house scene.  Now....I was in an Old Navy one day, spending money and I heard this tropical track on the Old Navy satellite radio.  It was, in  fact, the ORIGINAL "Gypsy Woman", by a jazz group.  I have spent almost a year trying to find this original and awesome track with dismal results on where Crystal Waters got the sample for her release.  That's why I'm looking for real veteran house music listeners, or anyone who might know, to help me, so I can own that luscious and sexy original.  I thank anyone with any info...........

Subject: Re: HELP PLEASE.....IT'S A LIFE OR DEATH MATTER!!!!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/27/05 at 7:25 am

Re: HELP PLEASE.....IT'S A LIFE OR DEATH MATTER!!!!!

::) What a blatant grab for attention...

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/27/05 at 11:56 am

I remember hearing that song for the first time on a cruise ship I was on.  Can't you download it from somewhere?  Dosent it go...."La da dee, la dee da, La da dee, La dee da..."?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/27/05 at 11:57 am

I just looked it up and you cant find it at Bearshare.com  :)

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 03/27/05 at 3:57 pm

I remember hearing that song for the first time on a cruise ship I was on.  Can't you download it from somewhere?  Dosent it go...."La da dee, la dee da, La da dee, La dee da..."?

I know that....I can buy that version all day.  I want the original jazz version, oh which doesn't have any lyrics b/c it's an instrumental.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 03/27/05 at 4:02 pm

I just looked it up and you cant find it at Bearshare.com  :)

Well thanks for telling me where I CAN'T find it........ >:(  LOL j/k :)
I think it's rare and it's hard to find.  I can remember when I heard the original, because I bought a "Toronto 63" pullover shirt when I heard the track.  By my calculations, must of been in December, so I will have to look up the Old Navy satellite radio online, if the have one.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/28/05 at 12:18 pm

Well thanks for telling me where I CAN'T find it........ >:(   LOL j/k :)
I think it's rare and it's hard to find.  I can remember when I heard the original, because I bought a "Toronto 63" pullover shirt when I heard the track.  By my calculations, must of been in December, so I will have to look up the Old Navy satellite radio online, if the have one.

OH SOOORRYYY!!  http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/peeved.gif

Written By: AL-B on 03/28/05 at 8:57 pm

:( Okay, I need to know if there are any house heads in here.  House as in dance and techno type people...in other words, people who like dance music for club purposes.  Here's the deal...anyone remember the track "Gypsy Woman(She's Homeless)" by Crystal Waters from 1991?  Okay, I like that song because it's got something about it that is a breakthrough to the underground club house scene.  Now....I was in an Old Navy one day, spending money and I heard this tropical track on the Old Navy satellite radio.  It was, in  fact, the ORIGINAL "Gypsy Woman", by a jazz group.  I have spent almost a year trying to find this original and awesome track with dismal results on where Crystal Waters got the sample for her release.  That's why I'm looking for real veteran house music listeners, or anyone who might know, to help me, so I can own that luscious and sexy original.  I thank anyone with any info...........
You know, I'll bet that would be cool. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't have the first clue where to even begin to try and help you. I hope you can find it, and if you do tell us about it, I'd like to hear it.

Written By: d_brofi on 04/16/06 at 1:25 pm

Try looking at track 4 on the "montefiori cocktail" compilation (not sure which volume), there's an instrumental "Gypsy Woman" track that seems to fit your description. if you can't find it, I have it in .OGG format.

peace is the word
bunny

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/16/06 at 3:24 pm

Try looking at track 4 on the "montefiori cocktail" compilation (not sure which volume), there's an instrumental "Gypsy Woman" track that seems to fit your description. if you can't find it, I have it in .OGG format.

peace is the word
bunny

WOW.....I posted that back in March last year......! ;D  Yeah I found it on eBAY...and I own it.  Thanks though... :)

It's Raccolta #1

Written By: d_brofi on 04/26/06 at 2:47 pm

WOW.....I posted that back in March last year......! ;D  Yeah I found it on eBAY...and I own it.  Thanks though... :)

It's Raccolta #1

Awesome! Glad to hear you found it. Yeah, when I saw your message back last summer it got me curious to find it too, 'cause I had never heard of that version. What a great find!

peace is the word
bunny

Written By: zotsfreak on 04/28/06 at 2:30 pm

::) What a blatant grab for attention...

Either that or this person is seriously mentaly challanged. I never heard of the song but could have had it in the mail within 60 seconds and two searches: Search #1- Google: "La Da Deee, La Da DAAA" song?  result Crystal Waters "Gypsy Woman"  Search #2 with artist and title on Amazon indicated that it was readily available. "Over a year" spent on this?? ::)

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/28/06 at 4:07 pm

Either that or this person is seriously mentaly challanged. I never heard of the song but could have had it in the mail within 60 seconds and two searches: Search #1- Google: "La Da Deee, La Da DAAA" song?  result Crystal Waters "Gypsy Woman"   Search #2 with artist and title on Amazon indicated that it was readily available. "Over a year" spent on this?? ::)

I know the original from Chrystal Waters......but I was talking about the Jazz version of the song....which was an instramental.  And NO, I'm not mentally challenged....hmf! :P

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/28/06 at 4:08 pm

Awesome! Glad to hear you found it. Yeah, when I saw your message back last summer it got me curious to find it too, 'cause I had never heard of that version. What a great find!

peace is the word
bunny

I'm glad you found it an awesome album....I DLed many other albums from Montefiori Cocktail.  PRIMO!  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...