inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What kind of rock would you place Restless heart under?

Written By: SpaceHog on 04/01/05 at 11:19 pm

Ballad? or country?

Subject: Re: What kind of rock would you place Restless heart under?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 11:24 pm

Ballad? or country?

Do they sing the song "She cries at night" or something similar to that?

If it's the same band, I always put them under country. But I always put John Mellencamp under Rock n Roll but he gets played on CMT a lot.

Written By: SpaceHog on 04/01/05 at 11:30 pm

when she cries.

My band also does covers of that song. And the punk rockers of Nantucket love the song too.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/02/05 at 3:40 pm

Good question - I'd actually say both. "Country rock."

Their sound definitely seems influenced by the Eagles, just slightly updated for the 80's/90's. I remember liking their two crossover hits around 1994, the country-ish pop/rock "Tell me What You Dream" and "When she Cries", a kind of upbeat love song.

However, I later discovered they had a semi big 80's album with another lead singer, called Wheels. That one mixed it up pretty good IMHO. The title song and "Hummingbird" were straight country. "That Rock won't Roll", "Hard Time" and "This Boy's on a Roll" were more on the semi ballad rock lines of "When She Cries".

"I'll Still be Loving You" was the sweet, really soft ballad, and "Wrong or Right" was the half country, half rock hit.

Check for new replies or respond here...