inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Share your experiences of crossing into Canada before 9/11

Written By: DevoRule on 04/05/05 at 1:25 pm

In the summer of 2000 I crossed into Canada at Waterton Lakes National Park.  It took about 45 minutes to get in and we were alloted 3 hours in the country. 

Three years later, in November 2003, we weren't even considered into crossing the border at British Columbia.

Subject: Re: Share your experiences of crossing into Canada before 9/11

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/05/05 at 2:45 pm

I actually crossed over after 9/11.  It was so easy in 2002 when I went for a month.  It was alittle hard by January 2003 because I got searched so many times. 

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 3:40 pm

I was in Canada about twice before 9/11 both times were basically problem free, and I've been twice after 9/11, and those times were basically as problem free as the first 2 times.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/05/05 at 8:00 pm

I was in Canada about twice before 9/11 both times were basically problem free, and I've been twice after 9/11, and those times were basically as problem free as the first 2 times.

Maybe out East they're more trusting.  Out in the Northwest, where I've lived for 7 years, they seem to be more anal.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 8:24 pm

Maybe out East they're more trusting.  Out in the Northwest, where I've lived for 7 years, they seem to be more anal.

Yea maybe, I've never been out west so I can't speak for how they are there.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/05/05 at 8:26 pm

Yea maybe, I've never been out west so I can't speak for how they are there.

What's the furthest West you've ever been? The furthest East I've been is Lewistown, Montana.  That might count as the extreme fringe of the Midwest to some.

Written By: whitewolf on 04/05/05 at 8:30 pm

In the summer of 2000 I crossed into Canada at Waterton Lakes National Park.  It took about 45 minutes to get in and we were alloted 3 hours in the country. 

Three years later, in November 2003, we weren't even considered into crossing the border at British Columbia.

I live in Canada and i seems to most of us that it's harder to get into the US. Any more searching done would be considered a strip search  ;D

Written By: whitewolf on 04/05/05 at 8:31 pm

Why is this in the 90s, 9/11 happened in the 2000s.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 8:32 pm

What's the furthest West you've ever been? The furthest East I've been is Lewistown, Montana.  That might count as the extreme fringe of the Midwest to some.

Well I did visit Alaska in 1997, my brother used to live there. We stopped at the Seattle airport on the way, only for a connecting flight. The farthest west I've been in the continental US other than a flight stop was when we drove up to Minnesota in '96. We were up by Bemidji, we stayed in I believe it was the Chippewa national forest area. That was about an hour and a half of so from International Falls.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 8:32 pm

yeah, this really probably should be in the 2000s board since it relates to 9/11.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/05/05 at 8:37 pm

Because most of the time directly preceding the attack was in the 90s.  The point of the thread basically is how much easier it was to enter Canada in the 90s and pre 9/11 2000s than it has been for the past 3 1/2 years.

Chucky can move it if he wants.  It really could be on either board.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 8:39 pm

Because most of the time directly preceding the attack was in the 90s.  The point of the thread basically is how much easier it was to enter Canada in the 90s and pre 9/11 2000s than it has been for the past 3 1/2 years.

Chucky can move it if he wants.  It really could be on either board.

maybe you should have titled it '90s experiences crossing into Canada, then it would directly relate.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/05/05 at 8:46 pm

maybe you should have titled it '90s experiences crossing into Canada, then it would directly relate.

Probably. If someone shared a early 2000s experience I dont think people would get too mad  8)

Written By: SkyLowLow on 04/09/05 at 3:26 pm

I live in Canada and i seems to most of us that it's harder to get into the US. Any more searching done would be considered a strip search  ;D

Boy are you ever right...

...it's like every security officer suddenly got a note saying "Everyones a suspect, and even if they aren't a suspect, treat them like a suspect and ask them about the most mundane items with a veil of accusation"

I have yet to get through customs without someone I know being hassled about their camera or keychain.

I mean I could do as much damage with my frikkin glasses...

:o Uhhh oh, don't tell them I said that, it could be the next item on the list.

Check for new replies or respond here...