inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your opinion on...HOLE

Written By: chaka on 04/13/05 at 3:09 pm

Right, please forget all the stuff about Courtney Love;just concentrate on the music,ok?!! ;D

I really like Hole and it's a real shame there weren't any other female grunge bands around (yeah I know,there also is a guy in Hole,but still)
Can guys actually enjoy listening to all those feminist lyrics??
;)
Well at least Courtney does a good job singing (and screaming ;D) in the name of
all those suppressed and depressed gals out there!!

Subject: Re: Your opinion on...HOLE

Written By: george78 on 04/14/05 at 8:17 am

You know, I have her first album "Live Through This" and I will proudly say, it is one of the best rock albums. Despite her craziness, "Live Through This" is awesome....the lyrics are good, the music is good, the attitude is good. All in all, it is one of my favorite albums. 

Written By: chaka on 04/14/05 at 8:44 am

You know, I have her first album "Live Through This" and I will proudly say, it is one of the best rock albums. Despite her craziness, "Live Through This" is awesome....the lyrics are good, the music is good, the attitude is good. All in all, it is one of my favorite albums. 

Hey right!!
Live through this IS their best album!!
Ya got some great taste for music,chicagoguy ;D :D

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/14/05 at 8:47 am

Right, please forget all the stuff about Courtney Love;just concentrate on the music,ok?!! ;D

I really like Hole and it's a real shame there weren't any other female grunge bands around (yeah I know,there also is a guy in Hole,but still)
Can guys actually enjoy listening to all those feminist lyrics??
;)
Well at least Courtney does a good job singing (and screaming ;D) in the name of
all those suppressed and depressed gals out there!!

They only made one decent song which was "Celebrity Skin".

Written By: bj26 on 04/14/05 at 12:43 pm

Doll Parts - pretty song, gives me the shivers 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/14/05 at 5:55 pm

Doll Parts - pretty song, gives me the shivers 8)

Good, so I wasn't the only one with this reaction! My favorites are Malibu, Doll Parts, and Celebrity Skin.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/14/05 at 6:32 pm

I remember really liking a song by them but can't remember the name...or the melody :-\\

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/15/05 at 3:24 pm

I really like the Album celebrity skin. I'm kinda sad that they broke up. anyone know why?

Written By: SkyLowLow on 04/15/05 at 7:29 pm

I tolerated Doll Parts when it was out just because it was different.

Hole as a band was passable, but the vocals were pure s**t!

Written By: chaka on 04/16/05 at 6:56 am

I tolerated Doll Parts when it was out just because it was different.

Hole as a band was passable, but the vocals were pure s**t!

Now I realy don't agree with you there...!
:o

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/16/05 at 8:17 am

To be honest, I have only ever heard "Malibu" and I quite liked it  :)

Written By: SkyLowLow on 04/18/05 at 4:11 pm

That's great.. good reasons too... well here are a few from me.

She couldn't hold a note, her singing was rough because of all the weed/crack she liked to smoke.

Her range was next to nothing.

Her band was a 'play by numbers' type.

She was cashing in on a sound of her husbands.

I understand there is a difference between a singer and a vocalist, but she was neither.

At least Kobain had a voice underneath all his gruffness.

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/19/05 at 12:37 am

Courtney Love is nothing more than a drugged up moron.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/19/05 at 4:07 am

Courtney Love is nothing more than a drugged up moron.

I agree KQ..plus what's with the pathetic band name..what with her screeching she classes as singing I wish she would just shut her Goddam  cake 'hole'

Written By: robotrobot on 04/29/05 at 4:11 pm

That's great.. good reasons too... well here are a few from me.

She couldn't hold a note, her singing was rough because of all the weed/crack she liked to smoke.

Her range was next to nothing.

Her band was a 'play by numbers' type.

She was cashing in on a sound of her husbands.

I understand there is a difference between a singer and a vocalist, but she was neither.

At least Kobain had a voice underneath all his gruffness.

okay, all your other points were valid, but these two stuck out most to me. now, i may be wrong, but, hadn't she already created Hole before she even MET Kurt? Hoel was formed in 1989, they didn't get married until 1992. you've got about 3 years of inconsistencies there, my friend.
now, if you can prove me wrong, go right ahead. I'm not sitting around on my computer all day searching for facts and fallacies so i can sound smart on a forum.

Also, it's "Cobain"

Written By: Carrie on 04/29/05 at 6:48 pm

Agreed!
(If you noticed I have some lyrics from Doll Parts below my avatar:) )

A lot of people will remember the song Malibu, but it is so not like their normal music. Live Through This is such a great album. I think Violet is my favorite Hole song.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/30/05 at 5:15 pm

I still have "Live Through This" on cassette and really enjoy it.  And Hole was definitely formed before she met Kurt.  I read about them in "Sassy" in '89 before I ever heard of Nirvana.

Written By: TeenFrom92 on 07/06/05 at 12:49 pm

Ok we know Courtney is a moron, that aside when i heard Live Through This i thought it had a certain appeal & quite a bit of potential. My girlfriend at the time exposed me to that album. I quite liked the song Credit In The Straight World off that album. Yeah the vocals sound rough & trashy but it's supposed to & it suits the nature & themes of the album & lyrics, i mean check out the trashiness of the photos on the inner sleeve, which is a reflection of the times & the subject matter. Trashy & rag tag was popular in the early 90s. Sorry kiddies but not everything needs to sound over produced & over polished like nowadays in a time when rock radio has been swarmed by bands dressed in preppy & brand name clothes trying to mix early-90's alternative rock with pop sensibilities, but unfortunately most of these acts tend to come off as almost appallingly indistinguished. I hated Celebrety Skin, Malibu & that whole album though, coz it actually came accross as one of those albums, bland & mediocre radio friendly crap for the boring masses with no sense of their own style or musical identity. You know the sort of people that just listen to whatever's on the radio & never explore further than that. How could anyone prefer any songs off Celebrety Skin to an album  like Live Through This. Before you form an opinion on a band it pays to actually educate yourself on there complete body of work instead of just hearing a few songs presented to you by radio or TV & then deciding it must be their best stuff if lots of people like it. I'm not much of a Hole fan  & i hate Courtney, but i decided to hear everything they did before i drew an opinion of what i thought. Sorry no offense but comments like "i think Malibu was their best song" annoy the sh!t out of me. So many other better songs by bands that don't get any radio play or media exposure. Oh & yes i am a guy, the feminist themes don't bother me.

Written By: holicman on 07/06/05 at 10:28 pm

I like the song Violet.

thats about it.

Courtney Love is a slag.

Check for new replies or respond here...