inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song: The Globe - Big Audio Dynamite II - Is it rap?

Written By: ADH13 on 04/21/05 at 11:00 pm

I actually like that song from 1991 and everyone in my house accused me of listening to rap when I was playing it.  I don't consider that to be rap, although I can see why others might.

How would you classify that song?

Subject: Re: Song: The Globe - Big Audio Dynamite II - Is it rap?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/22/05 at 9:54 am

it's a dance song and dance songs from the early 90s used a lot of urban influences. influenced by rap but not rap.

Written By: ADH13 on 04/22/05 at 11:51 am

it's a dance song and dance songs from the early 90s used a lot of urban influences. influenced by rap but not rap.

I agree, Sputnik...  some others I can think of would be "Epic" by Faith No More, and "Give It Away" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.  They are not rap, in my opinion, but some consider that type of music to be rap.

Written By: nally on 04/22/05 at 4:44 pm

I actually like that song from 1991 and everyone in my house accused me of listening to rap when I was playing it. I don't consider that to be rap, although I can see why others might.

How would you classify that song?

I don't think it's rap at all. I think of it as alt rock. Sputnikcorp is right, though; it is kind of a dance song.

Check for new replies or respond here...