inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pogs!!!...whether you liked 'em or not...

Written By: Sick of Britney on 04/30/05 at 11:03 pm

Yes, I'll admit that I've collected them at one point in the mid 1990's!  :D  ::)

Subject: Re: Pogs!!!...whether you liked 'em or not...

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 4:25 am

Yes, I'll admit that I've collected them at one point in the mid 1990's!  :D  ::)

They were crap

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/01/05 at 11:32 am

I collected them and liked them...  ::)

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 1:30 pm

I collected them and liked them...  ::)

I bought a few, got bored of them and sold them about 3 weeks later.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/01/05 at 3:10 pm

I got some of them in 1995 which I still have today. I have the slammers somewhere too.

Written By: 90s boy on 05/03/05 at 4:53 pm

lol pogs i had so many that i still have to this day and i would always win alot to in games  i started collecting them in 1995 1996 but i think the crazy was more 1996 but i could be wrong

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/03/05 at 6:19 pm

Gesh i remember those..

Remeber the game as well.. it required real stamina, strength and tactical knowledge good luck.

I remember i wasn't bad at it, because i made my own slammer. My Old man was working for a big window company at the time thus i had access to all manner of materials. I forget what it was made of but i remember i lost it down a sewer grate in the school playground.

Written By: Kenlos on 05/04/05 at 9:28 am

lol, I remember pogs way back in 6th grade (94-95 school year).  It was about the only fad I ever got into back in school.  It was probably because I was good at it, I almost never lost.  People hated to play me for keeps.  I still have my slammers and pogs, though I don't play anymore I have kept them as mementos.

Written By: SpaceHog on 05/04/05 at 1:12 pm

pogs went to canada...because thats where all the past stuff goes                                                                                                       

Written By: Head of Vecna on 05/05/05 at 10:11 am

I definitely remember those too (even though I'm not from North America) , I had (and still have) so many of them . They really caught on where I was and I actually didn't win all that often but it was an enjoyable game

Especially those Power Rangers ones , I was really into Power Rangers when I was a kid

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/05/05 at 11:43 pm

I didn't collect pogs but here we had a similar thing called 'Glo-Caps' which were all the rage when I was 9 (the fad only lasted about a year from 95-96). I didn't usually play for keeps. Though there some some caps which were much more valuable than others...I think the most valuable (a 'red glow' version of a certain cap) would have been worth $20-$30...pretty much for a piece of cardboard...maybe not if you consider baseball cards.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/05 at 10:16 am

ya...my sisters and I had a bunch of Pogs.....we had the long tube container for them as well.....those were about as much of a waste as the "slap" bracelets.

Erin :)

Written By: MysteryGoat on 05/10/05 at 2:45 am

Had them, played them, love them, still have them. I even got the Apollo 13 rocket pog container. We need to start a pog tounament, you know we could bring them back for a new generation.  ;D

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/12/05 at 4:35 pm

I remember ghetto pogs made out of juice tops

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/12/05 at 6:24 pm

I was never a big fan of em.  They were too much of a "boy" thing to me.  And the game they always played with them didn't make sense.....then again, I can't even understand football....(c how much of a boy i'm not?)

Written By: casey on 05/12/05 at 11:39 pm

omg pogs! so much fun. i had like millions of them. and i loved the big sparkly ones. I was babysitting for this kid a couple of months ago and he had them! so we started playing except i completely forgot how so we just looked at them. oh, the memories...

Check for new replies or respond here...