inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MMMbop 2 hanson

Written By: John on 04/30/05 at 11:04 pm

After 8 years mmmbop is still my fav. song. I really don't think it's a pop song more pop/rock, because it's pretty hard 2 be just a  teeny bop song I was only like 5 when they came out and  I have their new album and I"m still a fan , wow 8 years. I'm about 2 be 13. But when the song 1st came out in 97' I thought it was "Jute Box"  MMMMbop buduba dop budaba dop ba du.

Subject: Re: MMMbop 2 hanson

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 4:17 am

After 8 years mmmbop is still my fav. song. I really don't think it's a pop song more pop/rock, because it's pretty hard 2 be just a  teeny bop song I was only like 5 when they came out and  I have their new album and I"m still a fan , wow 8 years. I'm about 2 be 13. But when the song 1st came out in 97' I thought it was "Jute Box"   MMMMbop buduba dop budaba dop ba du.

What a sad taste in music you've got. "Mmmbop" is the worst single ever to be released in 1997. The song sucks and people who love that song need help. The song is just novelty crap that shouldn't have gone to number 1.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/05 at 4:21 am

"Mmmbop" is the worst single ever to be released in 1997.
The worse single of 1997 was  Where Do You Go by No Mercy

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 4:24 am

The worse single of 1997 was  Where Do You Go by No Mercy

How dare you say that was the worst song from 1997. That song was by far the best song of that year. How anyone can call it crap is beyond me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/05 at 4:29 am

How dare you say that was the worst song from 1997. That song was by far the best song of that year. How anyone can call it crap is beyond me.
When it was constantly played everywhere I went in the world it made it even worse for me.

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 4:33 am

When it was constantly played everywhere I went in the world it made it even worse for me.

The song was tasteful and it was great to be able to hear it wherever people went in the world. When I heard it when I went abroad it was brilliant to hear such a beautiful song. I also have the version from La Bouche. It was great to see No Mercy covering such a great song.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/05 at 4:45 am

The song was tasteful and it was great to be able to hear it wherever people went in the world. When I heard it when I went abroad it was brilliant to hear such a beautiful song. I also have the version from La Bouche. It was great to see No Mercy covering such a great song.
By the way, Mmm Bop was pretty bad too.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/01/05 at 5:13 am

You have stink music taste, the both of you.  ;D ;D

Written By: Kryllith on 05/01/05 at 1:17 pm

Does anyone else here the mmmbop refrain (what there is of it) in the refrain of "Semi-charmed Kind of Life"? Or is it just me?

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 1:18 pm

You have stink music taste, the both of you.  ;D ;D

No we haven't...Well I haven't anyway  ;D ;D It's only people that like that fudging "Mmmbop" song that don't have a taste in music.

Written By: chaka on 05/01/05 at 1:25 pm

No we haven't...Well I haven't anyway  ;D ;D It's only people that like that fudging "Mmmbop" song that don't have a taste in music.

Yep,I've gotta agree with you there ;)
That song was crap

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 1:33 pm

Yep,I've gotta agree with you there ;)
That song was crap

It was. The lyrics to the chorus just didn't make sense. And just out of interst, what the hell was that song about anyway. I never did quite understand it.

Written By: chaka on 05/01/05 at 1:50 pm

It was. The lyrics to the chorus just didn't make sense. And just out of interst, what the hell was that song about anyway. I never did quite understand it.

There was absolutely NOTHING intelligent in that "song"
That's why there's nothing you need to understand

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 1:55 pm

There was absolutely NOTHING intelligent in that "song"
That's why there's nothing you need to understand

Song? I don't think anyone in their right mind would call it that. It was the worst song ever to have been released in the 1990's. Why the hell did that song get to number 1 and why were people wasting their money on it, that's what I would like to know.

Written By: chaka on 05/01/05 at 2:10 pm

Song? I don't think anyone in their right mind would call it that. It was the worst song ever to have been released in the 1990's. Why the hell did that song get to number 1 and why were people wasting their money on it, that's what I would like to know.

I'm not good at reading peoples minds
I can't understand how people can be so shallow...

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 2:13 pm

I'm not good at reading peoples minds
I can't understand how people can be so shallow...

Neither can I, but all I can say is that they are all money wasters the lot of them.

Check for new replies or respond here...