inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tommy Paige - I'll Be Your Everything

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/01/05 at 5:15 pm

I would just like to say how fantastic that song is, but what I would like to know is, what year and chart position was it released in the US?

Subject: Re: Tommy Paige - I'll Be Your Everything

Written By: Sick of Britney on 05/01/05 at 5:40 pm

According to the DVD "Essential Music Videos: Pop Hits", it's from 1989.

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/02/05 at 1:15 am

According to the DVD "Essential Music Videos: Pop Hits", it's from 1989.

Just found the chart position for that song. It reached number 1 in the US :) and reached number 53 in the UK :(

Written By: george78 on 05/02/05 at 11:49 am

It did hit #1, I believe the single went gold or platinum. He was really popular there for a bit. His album after that in '91 was pretty much ignored. He is a record executive now for some label. He was featured on Tiffany's "True Hollywood Story" on the E! channel.

Here is something you might have not known......Tommy Page is gay. No joke. It comes from Safire, who did a duet with him on his second album "Paintings In My Mind" in 1990. In an early 2004 interview, she was asked if rumors were true they were dating, she said "as much as he is a gorgeous person, he isn't into girls, if you know what I mean".

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/03/05 at 1:19 am

It did hit #1, I believe the single went gold or platinum. He was really popular there for a bit. His album after that in '91 was pretty much ignored. He is a record executive now for some label. He was featured on Tiffany's "True Hollywood Story" on the E! channel.

Here is something you might have not known......Tommy Page is gay. No joke. It comes from Safire, who did a duet with him on his second album "Paintings In My Mind" in 1990. In an early 2004 interview, she was asked if rumors were true they were dating, she said "as much as he is a gorgeous person, he isn't into girls, if you know what I mean".

I can't believe he's gay. I think Robbie Williams was right for saying that all the best women are married and all the hansome men are gay. They were lyrics from his single "Supreme" which was released in 2001.

Written By: popmusik on 05/03/05 at 9:02 pm

This was a great song!  Also helped him that New Kids was singing backup.  Jordan Knight wrote half of the song I believe.  I didn't know he was gay either.  Doesn't actually surprise me though. 

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/06 at 11:39 pm

Saw a guest viewing this and I Couldn't resist posting ...

Tommy Page in the 90's:  "I'll Be Your Everything"

Tommy Page today:  "I'll be your waiter this evening"

;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 12:13 am

yes, I heard that too...that he was gay.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 01/16/06 at 12:18 am

Remember when he was on an episode of Full House? He was that big...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 12:22 am

yes...i totally remember that one...and he liked DJ..but Stephanie was jealous....classic! LOL! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/06 at 12:37 am

I remember that song he sang for Stephanie.  I wonder if it ever became a single  ;D

Written By: Suite Life on 01/16/06 at 12:46 am

Jesse McCartney's biological father  ::)  :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/16/06 at 12:53 am

I do remember that song. I remember when he opened for the New Kids on the Block on a tour.

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/25/06 at 4:45 pm

He's now Ashley Tisdale's A&R guy...

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=164279

Subject: Maddie Tinsdale

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/25/06 at 4:48 pm

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=146279

My bad  :-[ :P

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/06 at 5:32 pm

^
Proof that any thread can be turned into a discussion about Ashley Gibson and Debbie Tisdale

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/15/06 at 7:45 pm

I remember that song he sang for Stephanie.  I wonder if it ever became a single  ;D

I loved that ep, but I always sorta felt sorry for Steph when he and DJ became close/went on a date. BTW, I didn't realize he was gay, but as with Lance Bass, I can see why he didn't reveal it when he was (briefly) popular.

^ Given that, I wonder if he was gay in the FH universe too. I wonder what Stephanie would've said about that now. ;D

P.S. I like this song, but it's sappy even for an AC/teen pop ballad. It's one of those songs that only could've come out in the 1988-early '91 period.

Written By: Joanne on 06/13/07 at 5:54 am

>:(

:( It's sad, but I wasnt surprised at all.. Darn it! How come all the good looking guys are either married or gay.. That's NOT fair!

Written By: Joanne on 06/13/07 at 5:56 am

I can't believe he's gay. I think Robbie Williams was right for saying that all the best women are married and all the hansome men are gay. They were lyrics from his single "Supreme" which was released in 2001.

Yeah I like that song.. Sad but true

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/14/07 at 1:48 am

I used to have the cassette single (remember those?) for that song......he really was a cutie back then! I didn't know he was gay.......well, as long as he's happy!  :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 10/28/07 at 3:57 am

I used to have the cassette single (remember those?) for that song......he really was a cutie back then! I didn't know he was gay.......well, as long as he's happy!  :)

I think I may have had that too---either that or I recorded it off the radio, which was so commonly done back then.. ::)
Either way, I liked the song.

I didn't know he was gay either, but I can't say as I'm too surprised either. But I don't care one way or the other..and I agree, all that matters is that he's happy.  :)
The only thing that always gets me about the singers that 'come out' is how weird it seems to think they were singing, or at least THINKING about another GUY with a love song that seems so sweet and/or romantic to some young girl at the time.. ;D
(And yes, I know that they are just singing a song, and it could not be being addressed to ANYBODY, but how many people actually hear or sing a love song and NOT think about someone they love ?? Just a thought !  ;))

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/07 at 4:09 pm

Tommy Paige, the male Debbie Gibson :D

Written By: woops on 10/30/07 at 5:27 pm

Though I rarely say this since I'm in my early 20's, but Oh grow up

Written By: Fairee07 on 10/31/07 at 2:49 am

Ohmigosh, I saw the clip a few weeks ago on YouTube and I was shocked 'cause I haven't heard that song since I was 14 and now I see a post on here about it. In all honesty, I never cared for that song.

Check for new replies or respond here...