inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did The Sims came out?

Written By: Kyle on 05/03/05 at 6:34 pm

I say around circa 1998-1999, and it's expansion pack, Livin Large' came out in 1999.
When do you think?

Subject: Re: When did The Sims came out?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/03/05 at 8:07 pm

Written By: Chrisrj on 05/05/05 at 9:59 pm

Seems like a lot later... not even part of the 1990's.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/05/05 at 10:21 pm

Looks like it was 2000.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/05/05 at 11:27 pm

It came out in 2000, I remember because I was really into computer games back then and there was alot of hype going on. I bought it when it first came out and then bought the expansion pack 'Hot Date'. Its amazing cos many ppl still play it today and its 5 years old. Few 5-year old games have retained such mass-appeal (Even Quake III). But then again, I suppose some people still play the original Doom...

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/05/05 at 11:43 pm

It came out in 2000, I remember because I was really into computer games back then and there was alot of hype going on. I bought it when it first came out and then bought the expansion pack 'Hot Date'. Its amazing cos many ppl still play it today and its 5 years old. Few 5-year old games have retained such mass-appeal (Even Quake III). But then again, I suppose some people still play the original Doom...
I still play pac-man.....

Written By: Kryllith on 05/06/05 at 8:46 am

The original or the 2600 version? :) I play the original from time to time, but I've not played the 2600 version in years. Course, I still play Yar's Revenge when I get a chance.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/05 at 10:15 am

The Sims always creeped me out with their own language they had....it was very odd

Erin :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/07/05 at 9:04 am

The Sims always creeped me out with their own language they had....it was very odd

I was hysterical the first time I heard Sims talk, maybe it was because I was a little half-baked?

I also wonder what was it like for the voice actors when they were recording that. Was it all improv or did they actually right that stuff down?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/07/05 at 1:01 pm

I was hysterical the first time I heard Sims talk, maybe it was because I was a little half-baked?

I also wonder what was it like for the voice actors when they were recording that. Was it all improv or did they actually right that stuff down?

hahhaaa...

I dunno....that would be kinda funny to see people acting like that...those voices are very nightmarish!!! LOL!

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/10/05 at 8:14 am

OMG! I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Quake III, how addicted to that game was I??

I'm still a Sims addict though, I can even speak Sim with my flatmate. Now that IS sad.

I just got Sims 2 - University expansion pack.

Written By: Kyle on 05/15/05 at 12:34 pm

OMG! I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Quake III, how addicted to that game was I??

I'm still a Sims addict though, I can even speak Sim with my flatmate. Now that IS sad.

I just got Sims 2 - University expansion pack.

Haven't you downloaded any Sims 2 families, because some of these family can downright ditty. (slang term for good!).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/15/05 at 4:17 pm

To answer the question: The orginal came out in 2000. A new expansion was released every 3-6 months after that (so a $50 game would, after 7 expansions, cost around $300.) The new game came out late last year, with a new expansion March this year, and a 2nd one coming out later this year. (There will be 7 expansions for the new game too  :-\\)

You'd think they would package everything intp one game rather that selling it in seperate packages. It's kinda like buying a car in bits and peices: first you get the shell, three months later, the motor, three months after that, the seats etc. I guess at the end of the day, all the company putting out these games care about is $$$$  :-\\ >:(

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/18/05 at 11:21 am

Haven't you downloaded any Sims 2 families, because some of these family can downright ditty. (slang term for good!).

I'll have to look into it!

Check for new replies or respond here...