inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fox Kids Shows From The 90's

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/05/05 at 10:34 pm

What Fox Kids cartoon from the 90's was your favorite?

Subject: Re: Fox Kids Shows From The 90's

Written By: Chrisrj on 05/05/05 at 10:38 pm

I only saw Eek, XMen and Spiderman.  I voted for XMen.

You forgot Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs but it's OK :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/06/05 at 10:02 am

I only saw Eek, XMen and Spiderman.  I voted for XMen.

You forgot Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs but it's OK :P

Animaniacs I think is a WB show.  :-\\

Written By: Chrisrj on 05/07/05 at 2:21 am

It was in 1995, but it was on FOX 2 years earlier.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/08/05 at 10:00 am

It was in 1995, but it was on FOX 2 years earlier.

Thanks, I always thought it aired only on WB.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/08/05 at 10:02 am

My vote is for The Tick.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 05/10/05 at 2:40 am

X-Men definately. Oldschool Fox and CBS probably had the best saturday morning cartoons. Fox had all the marvel stuff, CBS had shows like Back to the Future, ReBoot & Sonic The Hedgehog. God I love sonic  ;D .

Written By: nally on 05/11/05 at 3:57 pm

Tiny Toons and Animaniacs are my favorites from this list. However, I only watched Animaniacs on the WB (that is, during the 90's).

Edited to add:
I also remember some of the other shows listed here, although I never really watched them all that much (except for Bobby's World).

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/12/05 at 4:10 pm

Xmen and Animaniacs all the way!

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/12/05 at 6:29 pm

I voted Animaniacs, although I also thot it was only on WB.  Bobby's World is a close second.

Written By: Jogu on 05/29/05 at 9:07 pm

POWER RANGERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;D ;) IT is the coolist show ever but wasn't there another one where the big robot and the little guy are saving the wolrd. i dont rember but i think the little boy was a robot 2. anywayz THEY ALl RULE FOX KIDS RULE IT WAS THE BEST STAION EVER!

Written By: Webstor on 05/30/05 at 12:12 am

X-Men, Spider-Man, and Batman the Animated Series

They were great!  All 3 need to be put out on DVD.

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 10:38 am

BOBBYS WORLD i loved the opening theme with the music and the trike BRILLIANT

Written By: CSM1986 on 07/13/05 at 10:42 am

I'm surprised you don't have "Goosebumps" on that list. Anyway, I would probably go with "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers".  I still remember the Promo's for that show before it ever aired.  Oh the memories  :-[

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 10:43 am

lol i actually used to be scared of goosebumps :-[

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/23/07 at 9:24 am

I picked Animaniacs, even though it was a really hard choice. I loved basically every show on this list, and at that time I watched Power Rangers religiously. Fox Kids sure had alot of great shows back then 8)

Written By: woops on 06/23/07 at 3:50 pm

"Tiny Toons"  :D

Written By: Roadgeek on 06/23/07 at 5:14 pm

I believe in late 1995, my FOX affiliate quit carrying FOX Kids and I don't really remember watching FOX Kids before that. As for shows, to me it's a tie between Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/07 at 5:46 pm

I liked a few of these, but the first cartoon that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread was 'Eek! the Cat' so I will pick that one :)

Written By: Haynsoul on 06/23/07 at 11:30 pm

Tiny Toons but Animaniacs makes a close close close second...

EDIT: I just remembered about Bobby's World...Loved that show too.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 06/24/07 at 11:09 am

I picked Animaniacs, even though it was a really hard choice. I loved basically every show on this list, and at that time I watched Power Rangers religiously. Fox Kids sure had alot of great shows back then 8)

They sure did. 8) Nowadays I can't even see the reruns because no stations carry them :(

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/24/07 at 11:32 am

They sure did. 8) Nowadays I can't even see the reruns because no stations carry them :(

Yeah I know :( The only shows on this list that still come on TV sometime that I know of are The Tick, and older episodes of Power Rangers.

Fox Kids was great for awhile, so it really sucked in the early '00s when they started to show nothing but bad anime and Pokemon rip-offs(Digimon, anyone)

Btw, I heard that Bobby's World may be coming out with new episodes soon. Does anyone know if thats true?

Written By: nally on 06/24/07 at 1:29 pm

Yeah I know :( The only shows on this list that still come on TV sometime that I know of are The Tick, and older episodes of Power Rangers.

Fox Kids was great for awhile, so it really sucked in the early '00s when they started to show nothing but bad anime and Pokemon rip-offs(Digimon, anyone)

Btw, I heard that Bobby's World may be coming out with new episodes soon. Does anyone know if thats true?

That's right. However, now that you mention it, I do happen to know that Power Rangers and Digimon are still on....but on Toon Disney, of all channels. ::) IMHO, they don't belong there.

I do sorta remember Fox Kids in the early 00's, even though I never watched any of their shows. (In fact, I was never a fan of Power Rangers, even when it began c. 1993.) In '01, their weekday lineup was axed (at least where I live), but they still have it on Saturdays.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/25/07 at 2:56 pm

That's right. However, now that you mention it, I do happen to know that Power Rangers and Digimon are still on....but on Toon Disney, of all channels. ::) IMHO, they don't belong there.

I do sorta remember Fox Kids in the early 00's, even though I never watched any of their shows. (In fact, I was never a fan of Power Rangers, even when it began c. 1993.) In '01, their weekday lineup was axed (at least where I live), but they still have it on Saturdays.

Yeah, The Tick comes on Toon Disney as well, but it is kinda weird that any of those shows come on TD since there not actually Disney shows.

I stopped watching Fox Kids every day in the late '90s because thats when there line-up started to change. Right around the time that Pokemon took off, and Fox came out with Digimon, they started to add alot more "anime" shows to there line-up, and by the last time I watched Fox Kids at all(probably '01 or so) those "anime" shows were basically all that came on :(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/25/07 at 5:37 pm

I liked Tiny Toons and Animaniacs pretty much equally, but I think I remember liking Tiny Toons a bit more. I still loved Pinky and the Brain, though.

Check for new replies or respond here...