inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Downfall of The Disney Channel...

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/10/05 at 5:04 pm

This is my last rant on The Disney Channel.  ;)

Does anybody remember when Disney aired classic Disney movies, cartoons, shows and none of that "Zoog" stuff came around until 1998, which is when they started to go downhill.

Granted, I disliked "Avanloea" (sp?), "Ocean Girl", and "The New Mickey Mouse Club", but I loved watching "Mouse Tracks", "Mousterpiece Theatre", "Walt Disney Presents", and "The Ink & Paint Club".  :)

Yes, it did started as Pay Per View channel, but I remember watching it in my relative's house.

Now it's just tween garbage like "Lizzie McGuire" & "Kim Possible".

Another great network gone bad: MTV, which we all agree on  :P

Subject: Re: The Downfall of The Disney Channel...

Written By: Marie on 05/12/05 at 8:40 pm

I can't remember the name of a cartoon that aired on the Disney channel around the same time as the Gummi Bears and Duck Tails. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, Please post it on this message board. The cartoon I believe was called the Racoons there was a mayor, and all the towns people and there were 3 main characters and they were kids. They all had long noses kind of like Gonzo from the muppets. Like I said I think they were called the Racoons but I am not sure, it also was on when Disney played cheesy music videos and the one that I remember was called I need a hair cut, I really need a hair cut. So please I need help to remember what it was called if any body knows please help me!!!!!!!!! Thank you :D

Written By: figwig on 05/16/05 at 2:13 pm

i remember the Hair Cut video, but those videos were on in the morning.  I used to watch the Raccoons too.

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 3:38 pm

who remembers when MTV was actually  ??? about music ???

P.S. The ink and paint club ROCKED

Written By: woops on 07/13/05 at 4:51 pm

P.S. The ink and paint club ROCKED

Ditto

I enjoyed watching it, especially the Donald Duck, Chip n' Dale, & the ones with Mickey, Donald & Goofy cartoons  :D  8)

Now only available on DVD (The Walt Disnet Treasures, Disney Classic Cartoon Favorites)

Written By: Harmonica on 07/13/05 at 5:00 pm

This is my last rant on The Disney Channel.  ;)

Does anybody remember when Disney aired classic Disney movies, cartoons, shows and none of that "Zoog" stuff came around until 1998, which is when they started to go downhill.

Granted, I disliked "Avanloea" (sp?), "Ocean Girl", and "The New Mickey Mouse Club", but I loved watching "Mouse Tracks", "Mousterpiece Theatre", "Walt Disney Presents", and "The Ink & Paint Club".  :)

Yes, it did started as Pay Per View channel, but I remember watching it in my relative's house.

Now it's just tween garbage like "Lizzie McGuire" & "Kim Possible".

Another great network gone bad: MTV, which we all agree on  :P

You hit the hammer on the nail.

Nickelodeon, MTV, Disney it's all gone down hill.  Sci-Fi is a mixed feeling for me.

I think Lifetime has gone down hill as well. I miss it's showing strange B movies compared to all of it's original work now.

Which is another big pet-peeve of mine. I miss the good old days when TV stations would actually show real movies, now a days everyone is showing "A USA original movie" or a "Disney Original Movie".  They're ok, even good sometimes, but "Original movies" are getting on my nerves.

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 7:29 pm

i agree theyve all degraded  >:(

Written By: annonymouse on 07/20/05 at 12:08 pm

chi chi chi chip and dale.  the best ever. chip and dale all the way.

i also loved duck tales.
                                          and hey this is way off subject but do any of u remember that whole robot thing that would come on inbetween shows on the commrcials and stuff. the web surfers or sumthin. all i remem ber is that there was a girl a boy and a dog. personally i liked the dog best. also they were animated and they lasted for like a month in their original appearance and then they were made 3d and then they just dissapeared the next year. any one know what they were called. its drivin me crazy. help me out please. i think it might have been zoog. but i dont remember each of their name the dog was browser i think>

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 02/02/06 at 2:51 pm

It's like an MTV for tweens. Even Toon Disney started to go down hill too  :(

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/05/06 at 1:25 am

I liked the early Zoog stuff, from like 1999-2002, but that's because that's when I gave up Nick for it (around Y2K).

I've never been big on classic Disney, although it's certainly higher quality than most Zoog disney.  EXCEPT EVEN STEVENS!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...