inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: omg...do you guys remember this movie?

Written By: Ana on 05/11/05 at 10:01 pm

FERN GULLY!  :) wow...someone just brought it to my attention today in school!  I can remember that ooze guy in that machine that cut down the trees..he seriously gave me nightmares at night! And how the fairies like touched the trees and they turned green with little handprints omg! Other movies that just came to my attention:

The Rescuers (AND the rescuers down UNDER)
American Tale (And Fivel Goes West)
Wee Sing Sillyville (anyone who remembers this one-props to you, It's a movie where these kids go in this storybook and are transported to a land of color)
Wow...the good old days...!

Subject: Re: omg...do you guys remember this movie?

Written By: SpaceHog on 05/11/05 at 10:10 pm

Wee Sing Sillyville (anyone who remembers this one-props to you, It's a movie where these kids go in this storybook and are transported to a land of color)

Wasnt W.S.S the movie where the woman lost her colors, and they had to go back and rescue them?

Written By: Ana on 05/11/05 at 10:18 pm

LOL...yep!

Written By: Apricot on 05/12/05 at 5:49 am

I watched it once or twice... can't remember liking it much, though.

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/12/05 at 4:09 pm

yeah, that movie was cool, kinda sad though

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/12/05 at 6:26 pm

I never saw Fern Gully but i DO remember both Rescuers movies (actually I think the 1st "Rescuers" was much older than the 90s)

Written By: SpaceHog on 05/12/05 at 6:32 pm

LOL...yep!

holy sh*t! I remember that? thats amazing, but it's from '89

Written By: casey on 05/12/05 at 11:36 pm

omg i remember The Rescuers. and Wee Sing Sillyville, i loved that movie! I used to watch it like everyday! I didn't really like Fern Gully that much, but i saw it like last year and i wasn't really paying that much attention. lol

Written By: Kenlos on 05/13/05 at 12:32 am

I used to love those movies back when I was younger.  Those and Dumbo, of course though Dumbo was before the 90s.

Written By: Caity on 05/13/05 at 10:28 pm

hey guys, i posted this on another thread but maybe I'll get more responses on this topic because its about movies.  There is this movie, that I'm trying to remember the title to.  It was about these three kids (almost positive it was 2 girls and a boy) who were at home when they're parents weren't there.  They were watching a tv show about dinosaurs and somehow they used the clicker and got into the show.  There were some "bad" dinosaurs who were trying to catch them i think and then they had made some friends among others.  ummm.....I remember some of it was set in a foresty setting and then where the bad dinosaurs were...it was like a castle i think and the picture in my head is that the sky was always reddish tint.  I know this is a really vague/random discription of a movie, but if anyone could help with a title that would be great.  It could be a disney movie but i'm not positive about that and i'm pretty sure it was on tv in the early to mid 90s.  Thanks so much to anyone who responds!

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/13/05 at 10:30 pm

Yeah, Fern Gully, Fivel Goes West, the Rescuers, etc. Remember them all from when I was little.

Written By: figwig on 05/16/05 at 2:09 pm

Fivel goes West " The Lazy eye" 8)

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 3:41 pm

never saw it but i remember the previews on tv

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/13/05 at 9:31 pm

I have seen only Fern Gully, Fivel Goes West, An American Tail, and Rescuers Down Under.

Anyone here seen The Land Before Time?

The original, not the sequels.  ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/13/05 at 9:42 pm

I have seen only Fern Gully, Fivel Goes West, An American Tail, and Rescuers Down Under.

Anyone here seen The Land Before Time?

The original, not the sequels.  ::)

When i was about 5 i used to watch it religiously. Loved it!

Written By: annonymouse on 08/07/05 at 11:58 am

heck yes i remember it. that used to be my sisters favorite movie. remember how the farie thinks that the red x's on the trees protect the trees.  also rescuers down under was my favorite. we used to have a recorded version from when it came on tv.

Written By: Chrisrj on 08/08/05 at 7:46 pm

I never saw Fern Gully but i DO remember both Rescuers movies (actually I think the 1st "Rescuers" was much older than the 90s)

An American Tail was from 1986.

Fern Gully, however, was from 1992, so that fits :P

I liked them all.  I loved The Land Before Time(1988), too :)

Written By: *MaRgIE88* on 08/15/05 at 8:50 am

hey guys, i posted this on another thread but maybe I'll get more responses on this topic because its about movies.  There is this movie, that I'm trying to remember the title to.  It was about these three kids (almost positive it was 2 girls and a boy) who were at home when they're parents weren't there.  They were watching a tv show about dinosaurs and somehow they used the clicker and got into the show.  There were some "bad" dinosaurs who were trying to catch them i think and then they had made some friends among others.  ummm.....I remember some of it was set in a foresty setting and then where the bad dinosaurs were...it was like a castle i think and the picture in my head is that the sky was always reddish tint.  I know this is a really vague/random discription of a movie, but if anyone could help with a title that would be great.  It could be a disney movie but i'm not positive about that and i'm pretty sure it was on tv in the early to mid 90s.  Thanks so much to anyone who responds!

Yeah, this was a movie that came on disney about 6,7, possibly even 8 years back. It was called Adventures in Dinosaur City...

Written By: bj26 on 08/15/05 at 10:51 am

FERN GULLY!  :) wow...someone just brought it to my attention today in school!  I can remember that ooze guy in that machine that cut down the trees..he seriously gave me nightmares at night! And how the fairies like touched the trees and they turned green with little handprints omg! Other movies that just came to my attention:

The Rescuers (AND the rescuers down UNDER)

Ferngully was a terrific movie, I remember showing the video to my 3 year old back then and was concerned she would have bad dreams about the ooze guy (name??).  However, I hadn't taught her about being afraid of anything, save being careful about certain stuff, and she didn't know to be afraid of scary things in movies.  She just watched it all empirically, quite interesting it was :)

Written By: jaypunkchick1 on 08/18/05 at 11:25 pm

omg yeah robin williams played as the voice of the bat lol

Check for new replies or respond here...