inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Time to take action and bring back the old nick!

Written By: Mancow on 05/19/05 at 8:22 am

I have noticed alot of people on this forum have been discussing the fact that they want to see the old nick shows back. The shows we used to watch from the 90's up. Like Are you afraid of the dark, Hey Dude!, and Salute your shorts. Those are my own personal favorites. I want to see them come back too. Instead of sitting here talking about it, maybe alot of us can take some action and write a letter to Nick. If we can get alot of people to petition maybe we can get them to do a ", Old Nick Shows" day. I know some TV networks do that once in a while.

Let's get some feedback and try to get this thing started!

Subject: Re: Time to take action and bring back the old nick!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/05 at 11:16 am

If this is a petition......then I am totally game!!!

I think if Nick brought back some of the old shows....their ratings would definitely go UP...as us "kids of the 80s/90s" would most definitely frequent the channel...and I think the kids of today would totally dig them as well.

Erin :)

Written By: MagnumPI on 07/13/05 at 10:47 am

there already is a petiton! try searching the Classic Nickelodeon web ring for more info

Written By: CSM1986 on 07/13/05 at 10:55 am

I Loved "Are you afraid of the dark" so much. The Episode with Zebo the Clown scared the living daylights out of me for years when I was a kid

Bring It Back Snick!!

Written By: annonymouse on 08/07/05 at 12:12 pm

maybe they should make a second nick channel with all the old shows.  kinda like toon disney ya no.

toon disney has all the old disney shows like gargoyles, chip and dale (my personal favorite) and duck tales and stuff like that.

Written By: Chrisrj on 08/08/05 at 7:22 pm

Why would adults want old Nickelodeon to come back?  So they could watch it?  Isn't it "just for kids"?

I want the older(better) Nickelodeon to come back too, but it might be better to just put them on a new station, or just bring them all out on DVD(including Nicktoons!).

Maybe Nick at Nite should have them, but that might prompt kids to stay up.

The only ones from Nickelodeon I do enjoy though, every now and then, are Spongebob and Teenage Robot.

Written By: bj26 on 08/09/05 at 6:57 am

Why would adults want old Nickelodeon to come back?  So they could watch it?  Isn't it "just for kids"?

I want the older(better) Nickelodeon to come back too, but it might be better to just put them on a new station, or just bring them all out on DVD(including Nicktoons!).

Maybe Nick at Nite should have them, but that might prompt kids to stay up.

The only ones from Nickelodeon I do enjoy though, every now and then, are Spongebob and Teenage Robot.
I may be an adult but I would definately watch the old Nick shows, they would bring back a lot of memories and were funny, especially Pete & Pete ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 08/09/05 at 3:52 pm

I Loved "Are you afraid of the dark" so much. The Episode with Zebo the Clown scared the living daylights out of me for years when I was a kid

Bring It Back Snick!!

That makes two of us that  loved "Are You Afraid of the Dark" so much.

My favorite Episode of all time would either be "The Tale of the Long Ago Lockett"  Or  "The Tale of the Prom Queen".  I loved those episodes.

Some day I want to be a script writer, and how I'd love to be part of a team that wrote scripts for a show like Are you Afraid of the Dark.

Written By: *MaRgIE88* on 08/11/05 at 8:31 am

Bring It Back Snick!!

the zebo the clown episode scared me too!

Written By: Shaneequa on 08/11/05 at 12:38 pm

I am not getting why they cant put all these good shows back on. I mean who wants to watch some Zoey 101, Drake and Josh. Teenick when was that planned. They have to think about im sure that all the teens have grown up watching Clarissa explains, Pete and Pete, Tiaina, my brother and me, kenan and kel, and All that. Put that on Teenick because im positive that youll have alot of viewers. Who cares if the same actors for some reasons cant play the rolls but show re-runs.   :\'(

Written By: jaypunkchick1 on 08/18/05 at 11:44 pm

absolutely we deffinately need old nick back this new stuff is extremely crappy

Written By: green_dragon on 08/19/05 at 1:55 pm

I was soooo addicted to those shows!

Written By: rich1981 on 08/19/05 at 11:38 pm

As much as I really liked the old nickelodeon shows, I would rather see them through old episodes as I would be afraid to think how new episodes of those shows would look like if more were made nowadays. Take shows like Rugrats or Ren & Stimpy as examples.

Written By: jarjar23 on 08/20/05 at 5:07 am

Don't get too excited about this, guys.  I don't meann to sound like the bringer-of-bad-news, but this has been tried for the past few years, petitions, letters, etc for Nick to bring out the old shows from the vault and air them.  And, maybe Nick somewhat listedned.  They aired the classic Nicktoons (Monsters, Rocko, and Beavers) on Sunday afternoons, in 2003, brought back Pete & Pete in sporidic airings in 2003, also.  Shows like Oh Yeah Cartoons, Angry Beavers, and Cairltins Way (even though that show isn;t technically a 90's show) in the early morning hours a few months back.  And at the beginning of summer 2004, they brought back various classic Nick shows for 2 weeks, as a part of Nick's 25th anniversay celebration - Shows like Hey Dude, Salute your Shorts, Doug, and, offcourse, YCDTOTV - but, sadly, Nick unexpectedly cut the 3rd week of the celebrations, becuase they weren't getting ratings from thier target age.  THIS DOES NOT mean that the block didn't get ratings, it just didn't get ratings from kids 2-11.  Which leads me to say that if they couldn't even bear another week of rating loss, how would they do an ENTIRE DAY filled with these shows.  My simple answer, is to have this "Classic Nick Day" on either The-N or MTV, where the probuble target audience for these shows are lurking.  Advertize them as "Pimped Out Old-School Shows" (especially if they were showing it on MTV).  Yeah, it's sounds stupid, but it would probubly draw some ratings - from brainwashed teenagers, and us who are posting in this thread.  It wouldn't work on Nick today, becuase non of the kids would remember any of the shows that would play during that day, therefore, they would not watch it.  The only reason Nick pulled off the "All-Weekend Long 20th Birthday Celebration thing" in 1999 was because A - some of the classics shown were still popular, still on the air at the time and B - because kids back in 1999 actually KNEW what Roundhouse was or KNEW what Double Dare was becuase they grew up with it and remembered it.  I feel bad for the poor 2-11 year-olds who need to grow up with Current Nickelodeon's mindless crap.  Hope this message answered a few questions.  :D   

Written By: annonymouse on 10/01/05 at 9:11 am

Rokos modern life  that was my favorite, but that still comes on somewhere anybody know when???

Written By: annonymouse on 10/01/05 at 9:18 am

i hated doug, my sister always loved it and they should cancel rugrats or atleast return it to the way it was before. i cant stand all those new characters like dill, kimmy, chukies new mom. why cant they just leave good shows the way they are???

Check for new replies or respond here...