inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My So-Called Life

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/19/05 at 9:28 am

Does anyone remember My So-Called Life?

It starred Claire Danes and Jared Leto and was a must for the troubled teens (or so we liked to think) of the angst-ridden mid 90's.

I just wanted to start a discussion about the show because I taped them all off the TV in the 90's (I would buy them on DVD but they are not available en Angleterre just yet) and recently watched them all. When I was 15 I so wanted to be Rayanne. (yes I know she was a drunk, but she was so cool and weird).

Any thoughts?

Is there anyone that loved this show as much as me?

Duh Squared.

Subject: Re: My So-Called Life

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/19/05 at 5:07 pm

Well, I guess not then.

I'm so alone!!!

Written By: hideej18 on 05/27/05 at 8:18 pm

hey i do!! i loved that show sooooo much.  i thought jared leto was so hot!!  i wanted to be angela because i liked her red hair.  Hee hee.  i can't believe they cancelled that show so soon, it was great.

Written By: bluelucky13 on 05/29/05 at 12:54 pm

I had a friend who was obsessed with that show! I still catch the reruns on Nogin at about 2 a.m. from time to time.

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/29/05 at 3:49 pm

It's so great!

There was a campaign in the UK to re-run it. I can't believe they didn't commission a second series, it's just wrong.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/07/05 at 8:10 pm

It starred Claire Danes and Jared Leto and was a must for the troubled teens (or so we liked to think) of the angst-ridden mid 90's.

I just wanted to start a discussion about the show because I taped them all off the TV in the 90's (I would buy them on DVD but they are not available en Angleterre just yet) and recently watched them all. When I was 15 I so wanted to be Rayanne. (yes I know she was a drunk, but she was so cool and weird).

Any thoughts?

Duh Squared.

I LOVED that show.  I was in my early 20's and my then-boyfriend was in his mid-30s at the time it came out -- and we were ADDICTED.  I always rooted for Brian Krakow over Jordan Catalano to win Angela's favour.  My favourite scene ever was the fashion show where Angela narrated something about everyone being beautiful -- maybe even herself.  Enigma's "Return to Innocence" was playing in the background and over the closing credits.  I cried!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/12/05 at 4:27 pm

I never understood why people liked this show. I hated it! The main character acted like she had such a bad life. What was she bitching about?? She was leading the perfect life of a middle class brat!!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/13/05 at 12:28 am

Yes  :)

Written By: Sugafairey on 06/13/05 at 3:52 pm

I never understood why people liked this show. I hated it! The main character acted like she had such a bad life. What was she bitching about?? She was leading the perfect life of a middle class brat!!

Because it's cool to be miserable when you're a teenager!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/13/05 at 4:35 pm

If you think its cool to be miserable, then you dont really know what the word means.

Written By: Blondie on 06/13/05 at 10:09 pm

I love this show! Does anyone know if it is available on dvd or if it will ever be?

Written By: cagesundercage on 06/14/05 at 4:04 pm

you can buy the complete series on dvd.

Written By: alana on 06/16/05 at 3:51 am

Any thoughts?

Duh Squared.

its at circut city :)

Written By: Sugafairey on 06/26/05 at 4:31 am

If you think its cool to be miserable, then you dont really know what the word means.

i don't think it's cool to be miserable, but when you're a teenager in the age of teen-angst it's was cool to act miserable. Now leave me alone *slams bedroom door*

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/28/05 at 9:42 pm

I had a friend who was obsessed with that show! I still catch the reruns on Nogin at about 2 a.m. from time to time.

Bluelucky13-I love your avatar.  What a cutie  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/29/05 at 12:55 am

I also loved the show.  I was a teenager when it came out and could totally relate...

Written By: Miss Tainted on 06/29/05 at 1:59 am

I never watched the show but Jared Leto was one of my first loves. XD

Written By: Howard on 06/29/05 at 4:20 pm

http://www.hissandpop.com/celebrities/f/daniellefishel/photos/012.jpg

Who remembers Danielle Fishel(Topanga)?

Written By: STAR70 on 07/03/05 at 6:13 pm

I loved the episode when Wilson gets down with that curly haired girl to the "what is love " song

Written By: Sugafairey on 07/09/05 at 11:51 am

I loved the episode when Wilson gets down with that curly haired girl to the "what is love " song

Oh my GOD! That is soooo 90's. I love that episode apart from the fact that Brian has the voiceover on that one (urgh, I hate Brian, I always rooted for Jordan, I have a thing for boys with guitars). That was some serious dancing. I wonder if Haddaway ever saw that episode, I think it was even embarrasing in the 90's.

Have you seen Party Monster, Wilson Cruz (Rickie) is Angel, the murder victim. Also he played a transvestite that gets killed in the saddest episode of Ally McBeal ever.

Written By: STAR70 on 07/09/05 at 2:58 pm

Oh my GOD! That is soooo 90's. I love that episode apart from the fact that Brian has the voiceover on that one (urgh, I hate Brian, I always rooted for Jordan, I have a thing for boys with guitars). That was some serious dancing. I wonder if Haddaway ever saw that episode, I think it was even embarrasing in the 90's.

Have you seen Party Monster, Wilson Cruz (Rickie) is Angel, the murder victim. Also he played a transvestite that gets killed in the saddest episode of Ally McBeal ever.

ooops, i missed it.
what's up with Wilson???

Written By: Sugafairey on 07/10/05 at 12:13 pm

ooops, i missed it.
what's up with Wilson???

It's a good film, he plays a really hateful character in it and gets killed by macaulay culkin the film also features an amusing cameo by marilyn manson, he plays a drag queen!!

Written By: Howard on 07/16/05 at 5:51 pm

Boy meets world?

Oh Yes It Is.I'm sorry wrong show. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...