inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mickey Mouse Club (1989-1994)

Written By: supercute on 05/25/05 at 1:43 pm

Whose the leader of the club that's made for you & me? M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Who remembers watching the MMC b4 the teenyboppers became famous? I remember vaguely, mostly because I was so little when it was on the air...

Subject: Re: Mickey Mouse Club (1989-1994)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 3:49 pm

I watched it every now and then....remember that kid with the red hair...wasn't his name Chase??? He had some crazy hair! LOL!

He has a band now called BuzzFly....here's a link to their website....

http://buzzfly.com/

Erin :)

Written By: supercute on 05/25/05 at 4:00 pm

I know there was a BIG site dedicated to the "New" MMC, no I don't remember Chase but I DO remember a black girl Rhona, along the lines of her & Christina Aguilera (they hung out a lot on the show). Over in Europe, she had a huge hit called "Satisfied" but it never got any play here as far as I'm concerned. BTW, That was in 2001.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 4:01 pm

I think Chase was on sometime in the mid 90s or so

Written By: supercute on 05/25/05 at 4:07 pm

The name "Buzz Fly" does ring a bell in the back of my mind somewhere...were they pop/rock or what?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 4:10 pm

I'm not sure really...I just put his name in a search and his band came up...so I went to the site and I saw a pic of him....he has longer hair now

Written By: Kyle on 05/25/05 at 5:53 pm

I could remember watching reruns on the Disney channel from 1996-1999, but not the actual show!  I was way too young; I was like about 3 or 4.  Haven't you ever remember when Mickey Mouse was conducting the band; that was the best part.  8)

I hope it doesn't happen to my band.  ;D

Written By: Dukefan on 05/26/05 at 1:22 am

I watched it a little...but I preferred Roundhouse over on Nickelodeon.  The two shows were somewhat similar, (You could say Roundhouse was a rip-off of MMC) but I liked Roundhouse better because it didn't seem so preachy I guess.

Anyway, I miss both shows.  The Disney Channel and Nickelodeon have really gone all to hell in the last 7-8 years.

Written By: george78 on 05/26/05 at 8:19 am

I watched it every now and then....remember that kid with the red hair...wasn't his name Chase??? He had some crazy hair! LOL!

He has a band now called BuzzFly....here's a link to their website....

http://buzzfly.com/

Yeah! Chase was in the MMC in the late 80s. He and other members formed a pretty successful group in 1990, The Party. I used to LOVE the song "I Found Love". Such a good summer song. They had other songs, "That's Why" and "Summer Vacation". I remember they were pretty big for a short while. I have no idea what happened to them though.  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/26/05 at 9:42 am

OMG....ya that's right..I nearly forgot about the band called, "The Party"...........ya they had a few good songs...

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/26/05 at 11:50 am

They had a Greatest Hits album? What two songs are on there? ;D

Written By: racer on 05/26/05 at 1:24 pm

OMG....ya that's right..I nearly forgot about the band called, "The Party"...........ya they had a few good songs...

I remember the Party. I got their tape as one of my Christmas gifts one year. Hilarious.  ;D

Written By: robby76 on 05/27/05 at 10:55 am

Didn't care much for the MMC... but I LOVED the Party... I had all 3 of their albums! No Greatest Hits though. I even have the 7" vinyl of "That's Why". There is a website for them.

Written By: C-rite11 on 06/29/05 at 7:05 pm

yo do you know anyone who has this album, i lost it and i would like to have it

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/05 at 8:54 am

yo do you know anyone who has this album, i lost it and i would like to have it

no, I dont...however...I bet if you checked Ebay...you could probably find it there.

Check for new replies or respond here...