inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody want to talk about Sugar Ray

Written By: Kyle on 05/30/05 at 9:43 am

Sugar Ray may be considered being on of the best alternative/post grunge bands in the '90s.  Instead of having one type of music like most of the artists in the 2000's, Sugar Ray has variety!.  Yes, variety, as in all types of music ranging from heavy metal to hip-hop thrown into one album.

And BTW, they make good middle school band songs too, especially "Every Moaning".  ;D ;)

Every comments will be welcomed, homie!

Subject: Re: Anybody want to talk about Sugar Ray

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/31/05 at 9:50 pm

I will talk about Mark McGrath....he is one HOT man!!!! MEOW!

Erin :)

Written By: Satish on 06/05/05 at 12:57 pm

I like their heavy songs the best. Songs like "Mean Machine" and "10 Seconds Down".

That was before they did "The Fly". That was their big hit, though I personally didn't like it too much. It's too soft for me.

Written By: Apricot on 06/05/05 at 7:19 pm

Sugar Ray? They were interesting. They had their own style, and a good sense of beat. I liked them. "Runaway" was my favorite of their work.

By the way, did they have a CD titled 14:09? Or something, some time starting with 14? I downloaded "Runaway", and that was what the album was listed as.

Written By: Kyle on 06/05/05 at 8:47 pm

Sugar Ray? They were interesting. They had their own style, and a good sense of beat. I liked them. "Runaway" was my favorite of their work.

By the way, did they have a CD titled 14:09? Or something, some time starting with 14? I downloaded "Runaway", and that was what the album was listed as.

You mean 14:59.  This is on of Sugar Rays best albums.

Written By: 90s boy on 06/05/05 at 9:13 pm

there ok they have some good songs that i like :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/06/05 at 8:48 pm

You mean 14:59.  This is on of Sugar Rays best albums.

14:59... yeah, I remember now, that was it. Thanks.

Written By: ali on 06/27/05 at 7:00 am

I will talk about Mark McGrath....he is one HOT man!!!! MEOW!

Erin :)

Mark mcgrath is the hottest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* ;D ;)Even tho he got rid of his black-frosted hair :\'(

Written By: Jaime on 06/28/05 at 1:42 am

I don't recall a song called "Runaway" on that album. Could you mean "Falls Apart"? ???

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 06/28/05 at 2:55 am

Sugar Ray may be considered being on of the best alternative/post grunge bands in the '90s.  Instead of having one type of music like most of the artists in the 2000's, Sugar Ray has variety!.  Yes, variety, as in all types of music ranging from heavy metal to hip-hop thrown into one album.

And BTW, they make good middle school band songs too, especially "Every Moaning".  ;D ;)

Every comments will be welcomed, homie!

"Every Morning" was such a classic.

"Shut the door baby don't say a word". Yeah love it.

Written By: Apricot on 06/29/05 at 10:47 pm

I don't recall a song called "Runaway" on that album. Could you mean "Falls Apart"? ???

Could be.. meh.

Written By: Apricot on 06/29/05 at 10:49 pm

Sugar Ray had a very unique style indeed.. you can pin a Sugar Ray song as soon as it comes on.. even without vocals, just from the beats and mixing sounds.. I heard one the other day.. very nice listen, I enjoyed it much.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/30/05 at 1:05 am

Ya i liked/like them, Every Morning/ Someday are my favorites.

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/05 at 8:13 pm

Ya i liked/like them, Every Morning/ Someday are my favorites.

I didn't like "Every Morning" too much.. don't know why.. too happy, I guess. They were good with lyrics, too.

I liked "Falls Apart {Runaway}" and "Someday" best.

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/05 at 4:36 pm

Anybody want to talk about Sugar Ray

O MAN! I'm in the wrong board I was thinking Sugar Ray Leonard!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 07/04/05 at 10:06 am

Sugar Ray Leonard? Never heard of him, at least never addressed as "Sugar"... what is he famous for? Refresh my memory.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/05 at 3:20 am

Sugar Ray Leonard? Never heard of him, at least never addressed as "Sugar"... what is he famous for? Refresh my memory.

Good looking boxer from the 80's he is also Sly Stallone's co-host/partner on NBC's the Contender.

espn.go.com/.../ s/Leonard_Sugar_Ray.html

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/07/ew.best.mon/

www.ecamagazine.com/ sugarrayleonard.htm

Written By: kairi747 on 07/15/05 at 11:05 pm

hmmm...mark mcgrath looks great with make-up.  would've been perfect in the 80's!  ;)

heard him in an interview just last week.  they're not done yet - coming out with new stuff!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 11:32 pm

Really? Something tells me it won't take off.

Check for new replies or respond here...