inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Cranberries

Written By: 90s boy on 06/05/05 at 9:15 pm

dose anyone remember the group The Cranberries they had some hit singles including Zombie

Subject: Re: The Cranberries

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/05 at 11:15 pm

yes..i remember them.....a few of their songs were OK...but that girl's voice drove me nuts!

Erin :)

Written By: nally on 06/06/05 at 2:08 pm

yes..i remember them.....a few of their songs were OK...but that girl's voice drove me nuts!

I agree! I still don't like the sound of Dolores O'Riordan's voice. ::) :P Their biggest hits included "Linger", "Dreams", "Zombie" and "Ode To My Family" amongst others.

Written By: SpaceHog on 06/06/05 at 2:36 pm

She's from the emerald isle, you cant blame her.

Written By: bj26 on 06/06/05 at 3:03 pm

Linger was a hauntingly beautiful song.

Written By: Apricot on 06/06/05 at 8:50 pm

Her voice sometimes annoyed me.. but I liked some of their stuff. My one friend really likes them.

Written By: Albert on 06/11/05 at 4:14 am

I remember in '94 the song "Dreams" (hit single) was everywhere -- one of those songs you couldn't turn the radio on without hearing.

Written By: Albert on 06/11/05 at 4:19 am

Also I remember my sister owned the single & played it frequently. It's a great song.

Written By: Harmonica on 06/11/05 at 8:54 am

Man did she hit them notes high!

and Dreams is the greatest "Drum" song of all time!!!!

It's also my favorite Love song of all time.

Written By: nally on 06/12/05 at 1:52 am

I actually don't like 'em...but once I made myself listen to "Dreams" and "Linger" a year or so ago on the radio...the songs aren't too bad, but I still don't like the way she sounds. Nothing I could deal with for a long period of time.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/12/05 at 4:16 pm

Their song 'Zombie' is the best work they ever did. It was a completely opposite direction from their pop sound on the previous record. In my opinion, 'Zombie' is one of the best songs to come out of the 90's. This song should have won many awards. One of the greatest political songs in history!

Written By: nally on 06/28/05 at 11:31 am

Their song 'Zombie' is the best work they ever did. It was a completely opposite direction from their pop sound on the previous record. In my opinion, 'Zombie' is one of the best songs to come out of the 90's. This song should have won many awards. One of the greatest political songs in history!

That song I don't mind (in a way).

Written By: bj26 on 07/18/05 at 9:54 am

This is not that important but I goofed up and bought the wrong cd, "Everybody else is doing it..."  Creiky, I don't particularly like any of the songs on it, think it's their first cd.  Should have gotten the one where she had blond hair, Zombie is the song I wanted not Linger :\'(

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/18/05 at 4:28 pm

bj. thats funny. Sounds like something I would do.

Written By: holicman on 07/19/05 at 8:07 am

My favourite Cranberries song was "salvation"..............it was a really heavy song for them.

Written By: Gambler on 07/20/05 at 5:15 pm

dose anyone remember the group The Cranberries they had some hit singles including Zombie

I've got the dance version of "Zombie". It was recorded by A.D.A.M. and Amy in about 95/96. It's better than the original.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/05 at 1:35 am

Yes.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 07/21/05 at 5:16 am

I remember the first time I heard "Linger." The Cranberries were performing live on Saturday Night Live (probably around 1993-94) and I had just finished smoking several fat bowls, and because of the state I was in I remember thinking that that it was the most beautiful f***ing song I'd ever heard in my life.

I hate that "Zombie" song, however. When Delores O'Riordan gets to that part where she goes "EH-YEAH EH-YEAH EH-YEAH EH-YEAH EH-YO EH-YO EH-YO EH-YO EH-YO"  she sounds like a freakin' bullfrog. Very irritating, IMO.

Written By: bj26 on 07/21/05 at 12:13 pm

I remember the first time I heard "Linger." The Cranberries were performing live on Saturday Night Live (probably around 1993-94) and I had just finished smoking several fat bowls, and because of the state I was in I remember thinking that that it was the most beautiful f***ing song I'd ever heard in my life.

I hate that "Zombie" song, however. When Delores O'Riordan gets to that part where she goes "EH-YEAH EH-YEAH EH-YEAH EH-YEAH EH-YO EH-YO EH-YO EH-YO EH-YO"  she sounds like a freakin' bullfrog. Very irritating, IMO. 
Here are some of the lyrics, a bit strange but I like it anyways:

In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?
Hey, hey, hey, hey, oh, dou, dou, dou, dou, dou... :o

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 07/21/05 at 8:14 pm

Here are some of the lyrics, a bit strange but I like it anyways:

In your head, in your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie,
Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
In your head,
Zombie, zombie, zombie?
Hey, hey, hey, hey, oh, dou, dou, dou, dou, dou... :o
Yeah, that song isn't too bad, but that one part gets on my nerves for some reason...

Written By: tv on 07/22/05 at 1:28 pm

I don't particulary care for their sound. The top 40 radio station(PST 97.5) used to play all the time. Even though I don't like their sound that song "Linger" brings me back to my freshman year of High School.

Written By: nally on 02/10/08 at 11:07 pm

I used to not like them at all (and I still don't care for 'em for the most part), but I don't mind listening to "Zombie".

Written By: McDonald on 02/11/08 at 12:02 am

I still count them among my favourite groups. Their music is really good and it takes me back.

Some good ones not mentioned...

'Free to Decide'
'Just my Imagination'
'Analyse'
'Animal Instincts'

and my personal favourite: 'I Miss You When You're Gone'

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/08 at 1:49 am

I really only liked 'Dreams'. 

I once compiled a singles chronology of all their hits in Canada, and was shocked to learn they were more popular here than in the USA.  I'll have to re-dig up that information

Written By: Zeb on 03/11/08 at 7:54 pm

My favorite Cranberries song is "When Your Gone." 

Check for new replies or respond here...